Suiter Insurance Group

Exit 62

Started by ERacerHead, March 14, 2022, 07:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ERacerHead

The new road to Indianapolis (I-69) is really nice until you get a few miles from the city where it's still under construction.  But like the Western Kentucky Parkway, service areas are few and far between.  Remember Exit 62.  There is a new Huck's open that's about 1/2 mile off I-69.  Your bladder will thank me.
<t></t>

02Racer

Now THIS is the type of inside information you can only get on fan message boards.

evvracerfan

Good point - anyone coming up 169 don't go north of Evansville low on fuel.  Only a couple of fuel options between Evansville and Bloomington.

By the way - anyone that's a basketball junkie (and if you're posting on this board that's almost a given) can appreciate this - the Hoosiers Gym is only about 30 minutes due east of Indianapolis in Knightstown.  It's the home gym for the Hickory Huskers in the movie Hoosiers and has been preserved to look like it did in the movie.  Shoot some hoops in the old gym, sit in the locker room where the movie was filmed and check out the memorabilia.  Open to the public and no cost - just google Hoosiers Gym for more information.  For a basketball fanatic it's well worth the time.

ERacerHead

The NCAA Headquarters is also located there and well worth a tour.  The main entrance has a wall with plaques of every NCAA team in random order.  It took me three time searching the wall to find the Racers.  The Hall of Fame has a fee, but is well worth it for college sports fans.
<t></t>

msuowns

Load up on Ky gas before going to Indy. High gas tax in Indiana. Gas stations on 69 between eville and Indy are very slim.

DarkRacer

also a fyi for those taking the southern Indiana routes to Indy if your planning to use Kroger gas discounts in 'Southern Indiana the Kroger family brand there is Jay-C and discounts work the same there as Kroger Gas stations. GasBuddy is also helpful for gas prices along the Journey north.

Also
Fyi Gainbridge arena is now a cashless facility
and you can go to the arena website for links to prepay parking downtown as well
\"Most people have the will to win, few have the will to prepare to win.\"- Bobby Knight

\"The ones who want to achieve & win championships motivate themselves.\" -Mike Ditka

­čí▒ ­čí│
Racerhistory.com