Suiter Insurance Group

OVC tournament

Started by bjhracer, February 28, 2016, 11:00:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bjhracer

The good thing is we will not see any team we have not already beaten until the finals.  Hopefully our guys are pumped and ready to perform.
\"I hate losing, I hate losing more than I love winning.\"  B.J. Jenkins

popeyejonesfan

We had our chances to win at least one more game in the conf. and get a double bye in the tourney.  We didn't take advantage of them. And, I get that we have 2 divisions in the conf.  But, am I the only one who thinks it's illogical that head-to-head records against EIU and APSU were looked at to break the tie between the Racers and UTM before head-to-head records against Belmont and Head?  

I know most of the tiebreakers involved the western division because that's the division we're in.  But, in my crazy opinion, the best way to break the tie since the Racers and UTM split the season series, is to determine which of the 2 had the best win in the conf.   A tiebreak scenario should start at the top of the conference, with MSU and UTM results against Belmont and Head.  Records against EIU and APSU should come much further down the line.   No offense APSU fan.

75Fan

Now why did you have to go and interject logic?  :mrgreen:   :angel:
6 ETHICS OF LIFE

1.  BEFORE YOU PRAY..........BELIEVE.
2.  BEFORE YOU SPEAK.......LISTEN.
3.  BEFORE YOU SPEND.......EARN.
4.  BEFORE YOU WRITE.......THINK.
5.  BEFORE YOU QUIT...........TRY.
6.  BEFORE YOU DIE.............LIVE.

Dan T

I don't care how they do it as long as it's determined prior to the season and that all member schools are on board with it.

popeyejonesfan

I agree with you  DanT.  I know the rules were already in place.  No one did anything just to spite the Racers.  It just seems silly to totally overlook the best records in the conf. when it comes to tiebreakers.  I think my way is also much easier to follow than all of the different scenarios the league rules look at.

75Fan

If I had my way, since we are trying to get the best representative for the conference, any tie would be broken by looking at the records against the top 2 teams from each division and if it is still a tie, use the non-conference records.  

The better non-conference schedule (SOS and WL) already has shown they are better competitors outside of the conference.

There's my two pennies!  8)

I will add that anyone who resorts to a coin flip to determine who gets to dance is just too lazy to come up with something that makes sense.  And now there I go interjecting logic!!  :suprised:
6 ETHICS OF LIFE

1.  BEFORE YOU PRAY..........BELIEVE.
2.  BEFORE YOU SPEAK.......LISTEN.
3.  BEFORE YOU SPEND.......EARN.
4.  BEFORE YOU WRITE.......THINK.
5.  BEFORE YOU QUIT...........TRY.
6.  BEFORE YOU DIE.............LIVE.

Headman

If you are really interested in giving double byes to the best 2 teams you wouldn't have divisions.

02Racer

Quote from: "Headman"If you are really interested in giving double byes to the best 2 teams you wouldn't have divisions.

I don't like having divisions but they've let too many teams in the conference. If it were up to me we'd kick out SIU-E and Belmont and go back to playing a balanced home/home schedule.

redskin

We've got a shot given that our path goes through EIU, Morehead and Martin to get to the championship. Very possible if we bring last nights effort.  Let's hope for a great Racer crowd and will these guys to the Championship.

bjhracer

I just hope we win Wednesday.  One game at a time.  EIU owned us Thursday night.  What adjustments can we make that will help us?  The Muni has been a tough place for the Racers to play.  If we allow EIU IN the paint and rely on 3 pointers in afraid we will be hoping for a CBI  or CIT  bid this time next week.  If we make some adjustments and win Wednesday we all could be anticipating the selection show with a OVC title.  Hopefully coach gets in some good practices this week.  Let's throw the book at then, give them something unexpected.  They have been prepairing for us for nearly 2 weeks by the time we play Wedbesday.
\"I hate losing, I hate losing more than I love winning.\"  B.J. Jenkins

Dan T

I certainly am not rooting against my team, the Racers, but the probability of us winning 4 games in 72 hours with our almost non-existent bench is probably in the neighborhood of 0.01.

breds20

I think a post season berth in any tournament is about the same probability.

RockinRacers

We are not playing in any post season tournament this year unless it is the NCAA Tournament.

redskin

There is hope. Remember UCON winning 5 straight a few years ago against all odds. We only need 4.

Tick21

I'm not giving up on winning the tournament.  I've seen lesser teams win conference tourneys which hadn't had as promising of a year as we have.  I'm thinking of the Georgia team which won the SEC tourney with little to no depth and played their final 3 games in two days.  It can be done, and our conference is not an overwhelming league right now.

I don't think the OVC has ever had someone win 4 games in 4 days, but I'm not sure the conference as ever had this much parity either.  I'm curious to know, have we ever not had the double bye since the league started this format?  I can't remember us ever losing the West, but I may be repressing those memories.

­čí▒ ­čí│
Racerhistory.com