RACERS @ SEMO Game Thread

This forum is for the discussion of the men's basketball team.
murraygrad05
TRN MVP
TRN MVP

Re: RACERS @ SEMO Game Thread

Post by murraygrad05 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:14 pm

Dan T wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:21 am
I would not call it a speed trap. The speed limit is clearly marked. All one has to do is stick to it, a good policy in general.
Like this! Liked

smidge34
TRN GOAT
TRN GOAT

Post by smidge34 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:39 pm

Like this! Liked

msuowns
TRN Legend
TRN Legend

Post by msuowns » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:58 pm

murraygrad05 wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:14 pm
Dan T wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:21 am
I would not call it a speed trap. The speed limit is clearly marked. All one has to do is stick to it, a good policy in general.
I’ve been thru Cairo hundreds of times with my job the last 4 years. Never a problem and rarely have seen a cop. The city can only afford to keep a couple on duty each shift. Tennessee towns are a much bigger speed trap.
Like this! Liked
"Home, home again I like to be here when I can. When I come home cold and tired, it's good to warm my bones by the fire".

JoeD
TRN Legend
TRN Legend

Post by JoeD » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:18 pm

Dover
Like this! Liked
Im old enough to remember when being "politically correct" was understood to mean "not being a complete, racist, xenophobic a-hole". Good times...

msuowns
TRN Legend
TRN Legend

Post by msuowns » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:30 pm

JoeD wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:18 pm
Dover
Any small tenn town. Especially on 45 or 51 highways
Like this! Liked
"Home, home again I like to be here when I can. When I come home cold and tired, it's good to warm my bones by the fire".

Dan T
TRN POY
TRN POY

Post by Dan T » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:02 pm

For many the definition of "speed trap" is any town that enforces their speed limits. The only thing that I consider a "trap" is when small towns incorporate a piece of interstate and drop the speed limit for only one reason, that being to collect fees when motorists fail to notice that the rural piece of interstate has lower speed limits for no good reason. Speed limits should always be about safety, not revenues.

I've had one traffic ticket in my 45 years of driving, that being in Dover when I thought I was heading due south on just a rural stretch of road, but was in fact still inside their city limit with the accompanying 30 mph limit. While I would argue that they should have had a higher limit there, I have to admit that I just wasn't paying attention. I should have been. I never speed intentionally.
Like this! Liked

02Racer
TRN All-American
TRN All-American

Post by 02Racer » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:19 pm

That's pretty much exactly what Cairo did by extending their city limits a couple miles along that long stretch of nothingness and changing the speed limit to 30 MPH.

Dover is even worse with their local traffic school racket.
Like this! Liked

msuowns
TRN Legend
TRN Legend

Post by msuowns » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:30 pm

02Racer wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:19 pm
That's pretty much exactly what Cairo did by extending their city limits a couple miles along that long stretch of nothingness and changing the speed limit to 30 MPH.

Dover is even worse with their local traffic school racket.
On a job to Mobile, Al. I got a camera ticket on 45 in Tenn. threw it away weeks later. On the way back, got pulled over in Milan at 3am. I was very respectful and he let me go. Cairo has been no problem for 4 years, I just do the limit.
Like this! Liked

murraygrad05
TRN MVP
TRN MVP

Post by murraygrad05 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:03 pm

Milan is horrible. Got a ticket there one time when they clocked me by a camera. Didn't even know I got a ticket til about a week later when it came in the mail. Had a nice clear pic of my car.

I must have always gone through Cairo at the wrong time then because I usually see one 9 times out of 10 right after the city limit sign. I've never gotten a ticket there either but I still see them.
Like this! Liked

bjhracer
TRN All-American
TRN All-American

Post by bjhracer » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:12 pm

I just throw away the camera tickets in Tennessee. I saw a YouTube video of a tn congressman burning his a few years back. Since then I see no reason to give them my $50 . I’ve got 2 or 3 and never had a problem.
Like this! Liked
"I hate losing, I hate losing more than I love winning." B.J. Jenkins

SwedeDRC
TRN Sixth Man
TRN Sixth Man

Post by SwedeDRC » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:21 pm

You are all probably on solid ground throwing away speeding tickets you get in the mail from another state.

First, it may be your car but they cant prove you were driving it.

Second, you dont live in Tennessee and the state, has little but not zero, influence on the status of your driver's license in the state you so reside in..

Washington,DC has cameras all over the place for street lights and speeding and even right turns on red lights. I got a ticket a few years ago and paid it as I, alas, go there once in a while. DC has an aggressive policy about unpaid tickets and will tow and impound your vehicle if caught.

Government at work! Still, Im with you. screw em.

Go Racers!
Like this! Liked

sigchimsu99
TRN Signee
TRN Signee

Post by sigchimsu99 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:18 pm

SwedeDRC wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:21 pm
You are all probably on solid ground throwing away speeding tickets you get in the mail from another state.

First, it may be your car but they cant prove you were driving it.

Second, you dont live in Tennessee and the state, has little but not zero, influence on the status of your driver's license in the state you so reside in..

Washington,DC has cameras all over the place for street lights and speeding and even right turns on red lights. I got a ticket a few years ago and paid it as I, alas, go there once in a while. DC has an aggressive policy about unpaid tickets and will tow and impound your vehicle if caught.

Government at work! Still, Im with you. screw em.

Go Racers!
The key thing about getting a ticket in the mail with no Signature required is that the Government has to prove you got it. Just like when you get pulled over they ask you to sign the ticket. So even though they got your car, they still have to prove that it got delivered to you. if it comes certified mail and you sign for it, then you better pay.
Like this! Liked

msuowns
TRN Legend
TRN Legend

Post by msuowns » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:01 pm

Camera companies and local govt split the loot. There was a thread on fb about it. A camera in Puryear got hundreds of People from Murray and most paid the 50. Then the truth came out they u can wipe with the ticket and trash it with no penalty. Few years ago in Houston I didn’t have their pass card and didn’t know I was on a toll road. They were trying to extort 200 from me over a dollar toll. Those tickets with pics of car met the same fate as the tenn tickets.
Like this! Liked

racerpower
TRN All-American
TRN All-American

Post by racerpower » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:18 pm

I have got 20 to 30 of them in Tenn and haven't payed one yet.
Like this! Liked

Explore Kentucky Lake