Evansville Game Tickets

This forum is for the discussion of the men's basketball team.
Ghughes
TRN Sixth Man
TRN Sixth Man

Evansville Game Tickets

Post by Ghughes » Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:24 pm

There has been no news regarding tickets for the Evansville game in December being available through the ticket office. I called today, and they haven't heard anything yet either. Amy said to check back in about a week, perhaps they will have info about it then.
Maybe it's time to get things rolling by calling the ticket office and requesting that athletics get a batch of tickets to sell here like they have done in the past for the Martin and Peay away games.
How many of us will be commit to making that trip?
Like this! Liked

Kentucky Lake
TRN Benchwarmer
TRN Benchwarmer

Re: Evansville Game Tickets

Post by Kentucky Lake » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:25 pm

Saw online today where general admission tickets at the CFSB Center are now $12 plus a $1 facility fee.

Um. Ok. So my family of four to watch a Racer basketball game now must pay $42 for nosebleed seats. If we want to sit downstairs in the reserved bleachers, it's $72. That's up from $64 last year. Not cool.
Like this! Liked
"This is Murray State. Regardless of who we have I don’t see how you could pick us eighth. It’s disrespectful to us. We should never be picked worse than third. I don’t care who we have." - Shawn Witherspoon, 9-19-06

msuowns
TRN Legend
TRN Legend

Post by msuowns » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:09 pm

Kentucky Lake wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:25 pm
Saw online today where general admission tickets at the CFSB Center are now $12 plus a $1 facility fee.

Um. Ok. So my family of four to watch a Racer basketball game now must pay $42 for nosebleed seats. If we want to sit downstairs in the reserved bleachers, it's $72. That's up from $64 last year. Not cool.
I guess success brings demands. That’s steep, but we’re bigtine now.😀 I balk at other places doing that, but MSU is our passion and my fav charity. I’ll pay whatever, no young uns tho
Like this! Liked
"Home, home again I like to be here when I can. When I come home cold and tired, it's good to warm my bones by the fire".

smidge34
TRN GOAT
TRN GOAT

Post by smidge34 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:46 pm

Kentucky Lake wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:25 pm

Agreed, $18 seems for endzone lower level seems excessive for Murray, KY regardless of D1 or not.
Like this! Liked

speck
TRN MVP
TRN MVP

Post by speck » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:41 pm

Yep this is out of line for Murray Ky, they want big crowds but at the fans expense. Should be selling discount tickets instead of inflated ones. Can go watch Ja play cheaper than to watch us play a non division one team.
Like this! Liked

wallaceracer
TRN MVP
TRN MVP

Post by wallaceracer » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:42 pm

I sat in the upper level for a game about 10 years ago, and I can tell you they are not worth $12. The way the CFSB center is designed, there's no atmosphere up there. I never have liked the design of the CFSB, but my dislike aside, those seats are $6-$8 seats.
Like this! Liked

2ndGenRacer
TRN Benchwarmer
TRN Benchwarmer

Post by 2ndGenRacer » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:57 pm

Relax folks! It costs at least 5 dollars to go watch Murray High. Doing anything at all with a family of four is going to cost you a minimum of $72. Prices for the games should of been bumped up years ago. Maybe the money will help keep our coach here, or facility upgrades. I'll get off your lawn now...
Like this! Liked

smidge34
TRN GOAT
TRN GOAT

Post by smidge34 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:44 am

wallaceracer wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:42 pm
I sat in the upper level for a game about 10 years ago, and I can tell you they are not worth $12. The way the CFSB center is designed, there's no atmosphere up there. I never have liked the design of the CFSB, but my dislike aside, those seats are $6-$8 seats.
Rumor is we will be getting a new lower bowl in the near future, possibly by next season, and hopefully that will address it at least partially. If I were in charge the arena seating would be a perfect “bowl” all the way around, starting at the floor and extending all the way to the building’s outer walls with a concourse for concessions, rest rooms and entryways beneath the seating. Nothing but chair seats all the way.
Like this! Liked

JoeD
TRN Legend
TRN Legend

Post by JoeD » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:02 am

That's the way Dayton's is.
Like this! Liked
Im old enough to remember when being "politically correct" was understood to mean "not being a complete, racist, xenophobic a-hole". Good times...

Dan T
TRN POY
TRN POY

Post by Dan T » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:03 am

2ndGenRacer wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:57 pm
Relax folks! It costs at least 5 dollars to go watch Murray High. Doing anything at all with a family of four is going to cost you a minimum of $72. Prices for the games should of been bumped up years ago. Maybe the money will help keep our coach here, or facility upgrades. I'll get off your lawn now...
I believe there are several activities for a family of four that would cost far less.
Like this! Liked

Kentucky Lake
TRN Benchwarmer
TRN Benchwarmer

Post by Kentucky Lake » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:26 am

2ndGenRacer wrote:
I can think of a lot of things that cost a lot less. I can take the kids to the movies with concessions for $40, cheaper if I go to the matinee. But it's all good. At these prices, we'll have to limit it to one game this year for the family. And as the other said in this thread, the nosebleeds aren't worth half the price. It's awful up there.
Like this! Liked
"This is Murray State. Regardless of who we have I don’t see how you could pick us eighth. It’s disrespectful to us. We should never be picked worse than third. I don’t care who we have." - Shawn Witherspoon, 9-19-06

murraygrad05
TRN MVP
TRN MVP

Post by murraygrad05 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:04 am

smidge34 wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:44 am
wallaceracer wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:42 pm
Rumor is we will be getting a new lower bowl in the near future, possibly by next season, and hopefully that will address it at least partially. If I were in charge the arena seating would be a perfect “bowl” all the way around, starting at the floor and extending all the way to the building’s outer walls with a concourse for concessions, rest rooms and entryways beneath the seating. Nothing but chair seats all the way.
But the blue hairs need their walking track.

I would like to see the lower bowl closer to the floor honestly. Even the first row is still a good 15 feet away. Any where in the building I think you feel like the action is far away.
Like this! Liked

bjhracer
TRN All-American
TRN All-American

Post by bjhracer » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:16 am

Kentucky Lake wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:26 am
2ndGenRacer wrote:
I can think of a lot of things that cost a lot less. I can take the kids to the movies with concessions for $40, cheaper if I go to the matinee. But it's all good. At these prices, we'll have to limit it to one game this year for the family. And as the other said in this thread, the nosebleeds aren't worth half the price. It's awful up there.
Where are you taking a family to the movies with concessions for $40 ???
Like this! Liked
"I hate losing, I hate losing more than I love winning." B.J. Jenkins

evvracerfan
TRN Starting Lineup
TRN Starting Lineup

Post by evvracerfan » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:18 pm

We're either a top tier mid major program or we're not. I say that we are, and $13 for a general admission ticket is a bargain, even if I have to drive 5 hours round trip for a game. That beats the hell out of watching SIUE and EIU play for $5 in my book. I just couldn't imagine a $1 increase in general admission ticket prices causing so much collective panty bunching. "Nose bleed seats" at the Bank? :lol: :lol: Go watch a game in the upper deck at any NBA arena or any of the major college program - THOSE are nose bleed seats. You need a Sherpa to get to your seats at many of those arenas. We don't have a bad seat in the house by comparison.

I'll concede our arena isn't ideal. Since it serves multi purposes that's inevitable I guess. The chairbacks aren't very comfortable and the bleachers are worse. The concession situation was really bad last year. Parking, although it's free, isn't really convenient. Anybody who has sat in the upper level seats for a game will tell you that our PA system announcements sound like Charlie Brown's teacher - completely unintelligible. That crap doesn't bother me that much I guess - I get to watch a great basketball program that plays an exciting style of basketball while sitting with my friends discussing my favorite sports program - Racer Basketball. I guess it all depends on what you focus on.
Like this! Liked

smidge34
TRN GOAT
TRN GOAT

Post by smidge34 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:26 pm

“Need a Sherpa” lmao! The very last rows of Rupp are so steep you almost want to crawl up them and the court looks like a matchbox. I once sat on the very top/last corner row when we played at Arkansas back in the day and literally had to slouch in my seat to see under a vent pipe.
Like this! Liked

evvracerfan
TRN Starting Lineup
TRN Starting Lineup

Post by evvracerfan » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:51 pm

smidge34 wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:26 pm
“Need a Sherpa” lmao! The very last rows of Rupp are so steep you almost want to crawl up them and the court looks like a matchbox. I once sat on the very top/last corner row when we played at Arkansas back in the day and literally had to slouch in my seat to see under a vent pipe.
I sat in the very top row of Conseco (now Banker's Life Field House) in Indy years ago. Believe me - I needed a Sherpa and an oxygen mask by the end of that climb. At least they served beer there. It felt like I was in a different zip code from the playing floor. The balconies in Bloomington at IU are just awful - I would rather watch a game on TV that sit up there. On the other hand, I remember going to hockey games at the old Checker Dome in St. Louis and sitting in the upper balconies. You were way up high with steep rows, but horizontally it seemed like you were only 20-25 feet from the ice. Pretty cool place to watch hockey.
Like this! Liked

msuowns
TRN Legend
TRN Legend

Post by msuowns » Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:33 pm

evvracerfan wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:51 pm
smidge34 wrote:
I sat in the very top row of Conseco (now Banker's Life Field House) in Indy years ago. Believe me - I needed a Sherpa and an oxygen mask by the end of that climb. At least they served beer there. It felt like I was in a different zip code from the playing floor. The balconies in Bloomington at IU are just awful - I would rather watch a game on TV that sit up there. On the other hand, I remember going to hockey games at the old Checker Dome in St. Louis and sitting in the upper balconies. You were way up high with steep rows, but horizontally it seemed like you were only 20-25 feet from the ice. Pretty cool place to watch hockey.
What was the name of that hockey arena in St. Louis in late 80’s.?
Like this! Liked
"Home, home again I like to be here when I can. When I come home cold and tired, it's good to warm my bones by the fire".

racerlover
TRN All-American
TRN All-American

Post by racerlover » Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:59 pm

msuowns wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:33 pm
evvracerfan wrote:
smidge34 wrote:
Joe Louis Arena. Nevermind. That's Detroit.
Like this! Liked

evvracerfan
TRN Starting Lineup
TRN Starting Lineup

Post by evvracerfan » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:09 pm

msuowns wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:33 pm
evvracerfan wrote:
smidge34 wrote:
The name changed from the Checkerdome (roof painted in black/white checkerboard patterns) to the St. Louis Arena sometime in the late 80's. The Blues played there until moving into their current stadium (in the mid 90's.
Like this! Liked

02Racer
TRN All-American
TRN All-American

Post by 02Racer » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:37 pm

Gotta love when the state of the program is in such great shape that people have to nitpick to find things to gripe about. :thumbup:

While we’re at it, the popcorn is too damn salty.
Like this! Liked

Explore Kentucky Lake