Vogt at NKU in transfer portal.

This forum is for the discussion of the men's basketball team.
evvracerfan
TRN Starting Lineup
TRN Starting Lineup

Re: Vogt at NKU in transfer portal.

Post by evvracerfan » Tue May 14, 2019 11:09 am

murraygrad05 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 10:25 am
Dan T wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 8:17 am
MolineRacer wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 10:24 pm
KJ and Demond will be together for the next 3 years. The 4 and 5 spots are going to be hard to take from those two. Vogt would be a reserve here.
Or one of the other two would come off the bench. We need strong big men off of the bench.

Just food for thought... God forbid but if next year KJ goes down with an injury or if Demond is foul happy, then what?
Vogt is not playing anywhere in D1 next year - he has to sit out a year. Next year we'll have Cowart, KJ, Anthony Smith, Demond, and Gilmore. I think we're set on the front line for the upcoming season- that's more quality bigs than I can ever remember MSU having.

Unless I'm wrong, we are out of schollies for next season anyway, so to get the Vogt kid we've got to send someone on our current roster packing before this fall so that Vogt can sit out the season. I feel comfortable that every player on our roster will be capable of contributing next year if necessary. Guys that sit out under the transfer rule still count towards a team's scholarship limit.
Like this! Liked

murraygrad05
TRN MVP
TRN MVP

Post by murraygrad05 » Tue May 14, 2019 11:19 am

evvracerfan wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 11:09 am
murraygrad05 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 10:25 am
Dan T wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 8:17 am

Or one of the other two would come off the bench. We need strong big men off of the bench.

Just food for thought... God forbid but if next year KJ goes down with an injury or if Demond is foul happy, then what?
Vogt is not playing anywhere in D1 next year - he has to sit out a year. Next year we'll have Cowart, KJ, Anthony Smith, Demond, and Gilmore. I think we're set on the front line for the upcoming season- that's more quality bigs than I can ever remember MSU having.

Unless I'm wrong, we are out of schollies for next season anyway, so to get the Vogt kid we've got to send someone on our current roster packing before this fall so that Vogt can sit out the season. I feel comfortable that every player on our roster will be capable of contributing next year if necessary. Guys that sit out under the transfer rule still count towards a team's scholarship limit.
Yea I had a brain fart and know that he would be out next year. I actually meant when he would be eligible. I was referring to the line that we are locked in for the next 3 years in bigs, because we aren't. I do not see Gilmore as a big. He is a lengthy wing player.

I'm not saying we need to go get him and I'm sure there's more diamonds out there. But he will be a valuable player wherever he ends up.
Like this! Liked

MolineRacer
TRN POY
TRN POY

Post by MolineRacer » Tue May 14, 2019 3:37 pm

I don’t know why this conversation is going on here again. He isn’t going to be playing at Murray State under the current system. He has limited mobility and contrary to what I’ve seen stated here he does not run the floor well.
Like this! Liked
section 109 STAND UP!

Dan T
TRN MVP
TRN MVP

Post by Dan T » Tue May 14, 2019 4:17 pm

MolineRacer wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 3:37 pm
I don’t know why this conversation is going on here again. He isn’t going to be playing at Murray State under the current system. He has limited mobility and contrary to what I’ve seen stated here he does not run the floor well.
All 7-footers have limited mobility to some degree. If he can rebound, collect stick-backs, set screens, and play defense against the other bigs, he's valuable.
Like this! Liked

evvracerfan
TRN Starting Lineup
TRN Starting Lineup

Post by evvracerfan » Tue May 14, 2019 4:28 pm

MolineRacer wrote:
Because he's more or less a local kid, and there aren't many local kids that you can even make an argument that are worthy of a basketball scholarship to Murray State. There's just not much population in Western Kentucky and so there's not much D1 talent. People would love to see a local kid playing for the Racers, but as you and others have said, the playing style is probably not the best fit and the positional depth is also an issue.
Like this! Liked

MolineRacer
TRN POY
TRN POY

Post by MolineRacer » Tue May 14, 2019 8:10 pm

Dan T wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 4:17 pm
MolineRacer wrote:
All 7-footers have limited mobility to some degree. If he can rebound, collect stick-backs, set screens, and play defense against the other bigs, he's valuable.

He is definitely valuable in some systems. Just not ours.
Like this! Liked
section 109 STAND UP!

Dan T
TRN MVP
TRN MVP

Post by Dan T » Tue May 14, 2019 8:18 pm

MolineRacer wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 8:10 pm
Dan T wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 4:17 pm
MolineRacer wrote:

He is definitely valuable in some systems. Just not ours.
Sanchious made it four years with the Racers. This guy should be more valuable with his size. I haven't seen him play, but would trust our coaches to determine whether he could be of assistance to us or not.
Like this! Liked

MolineRacer
TRN POY
TRN POY

Post by MolineRacer » Tue May 14, 2019 8:30 pm

If they show interest I’d guess we will all know. My opinion is they won’t and shouldn’t.
Like this! Liked
section 109 STAND UP!

bentonracer
TRN Starting Lineup
TRN Starting Lineup

Post by bentonracer » Thu May 16, 2019 4:10 pm

He signed with Cincinnati.
Like this! Liked

JoeD
TRN Legend
TRN Legend

Post by JoeD » Thu May 16, 2019 6:34 pm

And good luck to him
Like this! Liked
Im old enough to remember when being "politically correct" was understood to mean "not being a complete, racist, xenophobic a-hole". Good times...

Explore Kentucky Lake