Hoopalooza

This forum is for the discussion of the men's basketball team.
dropkick
TRN Starting Lineup
TRN Starting Lineup

Hoopalooza

Post by dropkick » Wed May 08, 2019 9:30 pm

I see today where the next Racer Hoopalooza has been announced for the first weekend in August. The 2009-10 team that extended the stay in San Hose will be the honorees. This is a really cool event that I believe was started by Coach Prohm when he took over the top spot. The dinner/banquet will be Friday night with a golf scramble Saturday morning. Saturday afternoon will be “pick up games” with all the old timers taking part. The pick up games will be free to the public and is really a hoot to watch. Getting to see and visit with the older players is really nice but the really cool part is to see them reconnecting with each other and how much they enjoy coming back and seeing how much their time here really means to them. It’s one of the many things our program does so well. Our athletic department does such a first class production with these banquets that I would highly recommend it to those that can swing it.
Like this! Liked

msuowns
TRN Legend
TRN Legend

Re: Hoopalooza

Post by msuowns » Thu May 09, 2019 9:52 am

dropkick wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 9:30 pm
I see today where the next Racer Hoopalooza has been announced for the first weekend in August. The 2009-10 team that extended the stay in San Hose will be the honorees. This is a really cool event that I believe was started by Coach Prohm when he took over the top spot. The dinner/banquet will be Friday night with a golf scramble Saturday morning. Saturday afternoon will be “pick up games” with all the old timers taking part. The pick up games will be free to the public and is really a hoot to watch. Getting to see and visit with the older players is really nice but the really cool part is to see them reconnecting with each other and how much they enjoy coming back and seeing how much their time here really means to them. It’s one of the many things our program does so well. Our athletic department does such a first class production with these banquets that I would highly recommend it to those that can swing it.
http://www.westkentuckystar.com/Sports/College/Racer-Hoopalooza-to-Honor-2009-10-Team.aspx
Like this! Liked
"Home, home again I like to be here when I can. When I come home cold and tired, it's good to warm my bones by the fire".

Racer Insider Will
TRN POY
TRN POY

Re: Hoopalooza

Post by Racer Insider Will » Mon May 20, 2019 11:39 am

Honoring a great team! I am excited about this. I wish we had Hoopalooza every year.

http://www.murraysports.net/0520191.htm
Like this! Liked
When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies? Perhaps to be too practical is madness. To surrender dreams — this too may be madness. Too much sanity may be madness — and maddest of all: to see life as it is, and not as it should be!

Explore Kentucky Lake