Attention: The message board will be migrating to a new server soon and your saved login information will not work. Please make sure that you know your password and have access to the email address associated with the account so you can reset the password if needed.

MSU Official @DickiV Campaign Launched

This forum is for the discussion of the men's basketball team.
MICHIANA RACER
TRN Sixth Man
TRN Sixth Man

MSU Official @DickiV Campaign Launched

Post by MICHIANA RACER » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:44 pm

The Twitter campaign has officially been launched by the University to bring Dicki V back to Murray for the Belmont game. I lack the knowledge to attach the Tweets, hopefully someone else can. There are Tweets from Dr. Jackson @PresMurrayState, the University, and the Athletic Department @MSURacers.

I hope it succeeds!

:goracers:
Last edited by MICHIANA RACER on Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Like this! Liked

75Fan
TRN Legend
TRN Legend

Re: MSU Official @DickiV Campaign Launched

Post by 75Fan » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:46 pm

#DickieVRound2
Like this! Liked

6 ETHICS OF LIFE

1. BEFORE YOU PRAY..........BELIEVE.
2. BEFORE YOU SPEAK.......LISTEN.
3. BEFORE YOU SPEND......EARN.
4. BEFORE YOU WRITE.......THINK.
5. BEFORE YOU QUIT...........TRY.
6. BEFORE YOU DIE.............LIVE.

murraygrad05
TRN MVP
TRN MVP

Post by murraygrad05 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:24 pm

Not trying to downplay the Dickie V campaign but it's been done. Let's go for something new and bigger like #BringProhmback2theBank.

Imagine a Big XII team in the Bank. I'd like that more and after a win it would have more of an impact than DV coming to town.
Like this! Liked

smidge34
TRN GOAT
TRN GOAT

Post by smidge34 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:33 pm

Like this! Liked

racerlover
TRN All-American
TRN All-American

Post by racerlover » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:45 pm

I don't care if the came is called by Dickie V or Caitlyn Jenner...I just wanna see a win!
Like this! Liked

RacerPreacher
TRN Starting Lineup
TRN Starting Lineup

Post by RacerPreacher » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:37 am

smidge34 wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:33 pm
Who is doing the game then for ESPNU? Two high school students from Calloway's A/V department? We get no respect on these home TV games. Half the time they don't even know how to pronounce our players names.
Like this! Liked
“I hate to lose more than I love to win.”

victorisgod
TRN Starting Lineup
TRN Starting Lineup

Post by victorisgod » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:22 am

Don’t even send a broadcast team. Just use Neal and Kenny.
Like this! Liked

dropkick
TRN Starting Lineup
TRN Starting Lineup

Post by dropkick » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:44 am

I concur Victor as long as they don’t steal them away from us
Like this! Liked

sigchimsu99
TRN Signee
TRN Signee

Post by sigchimsu99 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:48 am

racerlover wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:45 pm
I don't care if the came is called by Dickie V or Caitlyn Jenner...I just wanna see a win!
Love when the Board can produce some real Gems like this. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Especially when we all know opening that 3rd concession stand is what we want along with a big Racer win.
Like this! Liked

racerpower
TRN All-American
TRN All-American

Post by racerpower » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:36 pm

yep u don't post much. :lol:
Like this! Liked

Ghughes
TRN Sixth Man
TRN Sixth Man

Post by Ghughes » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:59 pm

Not disappointed that Vitale is not coming. The only plus of him being here is the hoopla and uptick in ESPN coverage that surrounds his personality. I’d prefer Jay Bilas if they would send one of their top tier announcer teams. Plus we must remember the last time Vitale was here because the game was ESPN’s baby (Bracketbuster). And though the Belmont game is the premier OVC regular season matchup, it’s still just a regular season game (to ESPN). And, the game is on ESPNU. Nevertheless, the game is huge for us in many aspects, and it will be a great night in the CFSB Center. Go Racers!
Like this! Liked

murraygrad05
TRN MVP
TRN MVP

Post by murraygrad05 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:46 pm

If we go by years past we will hopefully get Fran Franchilla (spelling may be off) who is actually fairly knowledgeable about the OVC.

Oh the 3rd concession stand will not open until the under 8 media time out and only sell cups of ice. Good thing I smuggled out a 2 liter from Martin's gym. :thumbup:
Like this! Liked

Dan T
TRN MVP
TRN MVP

Post by Dan T » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:31 pm

Ghughes wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:59 pm
Not disappointed that Vitale is not coming. The only plus of him being here is the hoopla and uptick in ESPN coverage that surrounds his personality. I’d prefer Jay Bilas if they would send one of their top tier announcer teams. Plus we must remember the last time Vitale was here because the game was ESPN’s baby (Bracketbuster). And though the Belmont game is the premier OVC regular season matchup, it’s still just a regular season game (to ESPN). And, the game is on ESPNU. Nevertheless, the game is huge for us in many aspects, and it will be a great night in the CFSB Center. Go Racers!
As I recall, Jay Bilas (Mr. ACC) stated that there was no way the Racers should get in the NCAA tournament the year they went undefeated in conference because they played a really bad game against Valpo. I'm sure he would be okie-dokie with installing 9 ACC teams every year.
Like this! Liked

murraygrad05
TRN MVP
TRN MVP

Post by murraygrad05 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:21 pm

Dan T wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:31 pm
Ghughes wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:59 pm
As I recall, Jay Bilas (Mr. ACC) stated that there was no way the Racers should get in the NCAA tournament the year they went undefeated in conference because they played a really bad game against Valpo. I'm sure he would be okie-dokie with installing 9 ACC teams every year.
Yep. Bilas is to the ACC as Bill Walton is to the "Conference of Champions" which is a fun drinking game if you drink every time he says that phrase. At the moment the PAC only has 2 projected seeds. If that stays like it is, it will be the only possible chance of any mid major conference getting a second bid this year. But that also opens up seeds for more SEC or ACC teams to miraculously get in with a below .500 conference record. Sadly, the truth is our only chance ever to get in is to win in Evansville.
Like this! Liked

75Fan
TRN Legend
TRN Legend

Post by 75Fan » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:09 pm

Getting past Belmont at home, Jacksonville State on the road, and playing Austin Peay twice, it will be difficult to come out of those games 4 and 0.

Personally, I think if we get past Belmont and Jacksonville State, we will start seeing our votes get pretty close to the top 25.

If we win out and lose in the championship game I would give us an 11 seed. Mostly because our body of work with no bad losses and the fact that we have one of the biggest studs in the game that all the NBA scouts are drooling over and would love to see what he can do against what they perceive to be better competition.

Just my two cents worth.
Like this! Liked

6 ETHICS OF LIFE

racerlover
TRN All-American
TRN All-American

Post by racerlover » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:23 pm

The conference as a whole is pretty much horrendous like usual, with a current ranking of 22. It's win Evansville or nothing. It's the OVC way of life. Now if we were in the MVC and lost in their tournament, we'd definitely be in. But we all knew that anyway.
Like this! Liked

75Fan
TRN Legend
TRN Legend

Post by 75Fan » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:28 pm

racerlover wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:23 pm
The conference as a whole is pretty much horrendous like usual, with a current ranking of 22. It's win Evansville or nothing. It's the OVC way of life. Now if we were in the MVC and lost in their tournament, we'd definitely be in. But we all knew that anyway.
Last year......probably.

This year.....still to be seen with the new NET rating system. So far, looks good but we have to take care of business.
Like this! Liked

6 ETHICS OF LIFE

runningracer
TRN All-American
TRN All-American

Post by runningracer » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:51 pm

Yo might want to look at where Illinois State wound up the last two years, before predicting two teams out of the MVC ever again. With Creighton, and Wichita State out of the mix, the MVC is pretty much equal in talent, but without a team that has a chance to be ranked.
Like this! Liked

JoeD
TRN Legend
TRN Legend

Post by JoeD » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:28 pm

Big difference between being the best team in the number 22 ranked conference and the 10th best conference.
Like this! Liked
Im old enough to remember when being "politically correct" was understood to mean "not being a complete, racist, xenophobic a-hole". Good times...

75Fan
TRN Legend
TRN Legend

Post by 75Fan » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:54 pm

Yes.

But what about 2nd best team in each conference?

So far, I'm liking what I'm seeing out of the NET rankings.....they are rewarding winning - just as it should be.

We'll see how far down we go if we lose to top-tier league member.

As for now, I still like our body of work - a lot!

As of today, this year's team is 1.59 points better than our 31-2 2011-12 team according to the [url=https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/schools/murray-state/]SRS[/url].
Like this! Liked

6 ETHICS OF LIFE

Explore Kentucky Lake