OVC and Southland conferences Announce Alliance

This forum is for the discussion of Racer Football.
75Fan
TRN Legend
TRN Legend

OVC and Southland conferences Announce Alliance

Post by 75Fan »

Like this! Liked
MICHIANA RACER
TRN Sixth Man
TRN Sixth Man

Re: OVC and Southland conferences Announce Alliance

Post by MICHIANA RACER »

I wonder if our AD’s trip to Texas a few weeks ago had something to do with this?
Like this! Liked
75Fan
TRN Legend
TRN Legend

Post by 75Fan »

I'd say that would be a safe assumption.

I'm more interested in whether or not this opens the door for another highly anticipated announcement to be forthcoming. :think:
Like this! Liked
smidge34
TRN GOAT
TRN GOAT

Post by smidge34 »

Anybody notice not one peep about this on goracers? Things that make you go hmmmm.....
Like this! Liked
jayinbama
TRN MVP
TRN MVP

Post by jayinbama »

smidge34 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:07 am Anybody notice not one peep about this on goracers? Things that make you go hmmmm.....
No mention on Tennessee Tech site. It is mentioned on UTM site.
Like this! Liked
GRoberts
TRN Recruit
TRN Recruit

Post by GRoberts »

smidge34 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:07 am Anybody notice not one peep about this on goracers? Things that make you go hmmmm.....
No mention in SEMO’s site either, so don’t think it means much. SEMO also laid out a long overdue 3 phase construction plan last month for the football stadium and new field house for volleyball and gymnastics
Like this! Liked
JWSEMO
TRN Walk-On
TRN Walk-On

Post by JWSEMO »

GRoberts wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:42 pm
No mention in SEMO’s site either, so don’t think it means much. SEMO also laid out a long overdue 3 phase construction plan last month for the football stadium and new field house for volleyball and gymnastics

A couple of us just got around to mentioning it. My take on the Southland deal is that it's not much more than a reaction to recent departures. Would have sat better with me if it'd been a proactive move a year and a half ago.

The new grandstand and field house deal is classic can kicking by at least 4 administrations. Those stands needed replacing in the 90's.
Like this! Liked
evvracerfan
TRN MVP
TRN MVP

Post by evvracerfan »

JWSEMO wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:30 pm
GRoberts wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:42 pm

A couple of us just got around to mentioning it. My take on the Southland deal is that it's not much more than a reaction to recent departures. Would have sat better with me if it'd been a proactive move a year and a half ago.

The new grandstand and field house deal is classic can kicking by at least 4 administrations. Those stands needed replacing in the 90's.
Exactly right - the complete lack of foresight and vision by the commissioner's office is why the league is imploding. Anything that is done is a reaction instead of doing something proactively.
Like this! Liked