Well f$&@!

This forum is for the discussion of Racer Football.
smidge34
TRN GOAT
TRN GOAT

Well f$&@!

Post by smidge34 »

Like this! Liked
fmftballmgr
TRN POY
TRN POY

Re: Well f$&@!

Post by fmftballmgr »

This sucks. Planning to plan in the spring is going to screw a lot up
Like this! Liked
ERacerHead
TRN POY
TRN POY

Post by ERacerHead »

I hadn’t checked the football board in a few weeks. Wish I hadn’t. This is really disappointing news to hear.
Like this! Liked
smidge34
TRN GOAT
TRN GOAT

Post by smidge34 »

It’s every season honestly that we lose a stud or two on one sides of the ball or the other. Usually our lead back.
Like this! Liked
jayinbama
TRN Starting Lineup
TRN Starting Lineup

Post by jayinbama »

I was wondering what this was about as Ed has me block for some reason on twitter.
Like this! Liked
smidge34
TRN GOAT
TRN GOAT

Post by smidge34 »

jayinbama wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 2:00 pm I was wondering what this was about as Ed has me block for some reason on twitter.
I’m blocked by several butthurt accounts including the OVC. If I really want to see a tweet I’m blocked from seeing I get around it by using the Twitter app for general viewing while staying logged out on my browser, Safari in my case. I copy and paste the twitter link and view it while logged out on Safari.
Like this! Liked
jayinbama
TRN Starting Lineup
TRN Starting Lineup

Post by jayinbama »

smidge34 wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:32 am
jayinbama wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 2:00 pm I was wondering what this was about as Ed has me block for some reason on twitter.
I’m blocked by several butthurt accounts including the OVC. If I really want to see a tweet I’m blocked from seeing I get around it by using the Twitter app for general viewing while staying logged out on my browser, Safari in my case. I copy and paste the twitter link and view it while logged out on Safari.
Ed was fired this morning, he been arrogant the last year toward us as readers. He did great work telling stories about the area.
Like this! Liked
smidge34
TRN GOAT
TRN GOAT

Post by smidge34 »

jayinbama wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:07 pm
smidge34 wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:32 am
Ed was fired this morning, he been arrogant the last year toward us as readers. He did great work telling stories about the area.
Ed’s a decent writer who did an excellent job covering sports in the area but who can’t keep his progressive politics out of reporting and conversations. Not the best policy in conservative western Kentucky for sure. I follow sports reporters for sports and not for lectures on their perceived social injustices.
Like this! Liked
HoptownRacer
TRN All-American
TRN All-American

Post by HoptownRacer »

I stopped following him for that very reason. Hate to see anybody let go from their job, though.
Like this! Liked
smidge34
TRN GOAT
TRN GOAT

Post by smidge34 »

I nearly unfollowed after all his anti-police rhetoric earlier this year, really wanted to, but I decided for me personally I wasn’t going to participate in the progressive cancel culture. I don’t blame you one iota though.
Like this! Liked
runningracer
TRN All-American
TRN All-American

Post by runningracer »

It is highly unlikely that he lost his job for his progressive stance. After all, he worked for a newspaper once known as the Paducah sun Democrat.
Like this! Liked
smidge34
TRN GOAT
TRN GOAT

Post by smidge34 »

runningracer wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:21 pm It is highly unlikely that he lost his job for his progressive stance. After all, he worked for a newspaper once known as the Paducah sun Democrat.
Please don’t get confused here bro, nobody said he lost his job over his political stances they were just mentioned. I have no idea why but if I were guessing I’d say it’s a no brainer given this Chinese Flu and the slow decay of print news that money was the deciding factor. With that said I bet Ed giving the Sun management and PMG in general public grief on social media at times when he was unhappy didn’t make their decision anymore difficult. Granted, the criticism was well deserved.
Like this! Liked
runningracer
TRN All-American
TRN All-American

Post by runningracer »

Thanks for the info. It is generally understood that a Democrat stance at The Paducah Sun, and WPSD are requirements for employment. Thank goodness for the VCR. I usually go right to the weather, and sports. I have no use for the political commercials that they loosely call news.
Like this! Liked
smidge34
TRN GOAT
TRN GOAT

Post by smidge34 »

runningracer wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:14 am Thanks for the info. It is generally understood that a Democrat stance at The Paducah Sun, and WPSD are requirements for employment. Thank goodness for the VCR. I usually go right to the weather, and sports. I have no use for the political commercials that they loosely call news.
Ditto but I stopped watching WPSD “local” news program in its entirety several years ago. Just as with my sports reporters I don’t care for my “local news” reporters shoving their perceived societal injustices and America-hating on me. It’s a shame a newscast I grew up on and watched 40+ years is unwatchable trash today.
Like this! Liked
Kentucky Lake
TRN Signee
TRN Signee

Post by Kentucky Lake »

I stopped watching WPSD about five years ago. A lot of lazy, inaccurate reporting and sensationalizing things just to get naïve eyeballs to watch.

IMHO, newspapers will need to adapt and transition from local news to feature-based stories and opinion pieces, or what magazines do. With social media and the internet, news is immediately distributed and consumed. It is old by the time people pick up a paper to read about what they already know - 24 hours later.

Old money and stubborn publishers will keep them going for a little while longer, but newspapers as news-reporting entities are just about done.
Like this! Liked
"This is Murray State. Regardless of who we have I don’t see how you could pick us eighth. It’s disrespectful to us. We should never be picked worse than third. I don’t care who we have." - Shawn Witherspoon, 9-19-06
STLRacer
TRN Starting Lineup
TRN Starting Lineup

Post by STLRacer »

In an era where nobody has to wait to get any news, as we have it at our fingertips, the news has become a business of how to get eyeballs when as a whole they are more or less unnecessary to us being able to know what is going on. In the past the news was a required service and people that cared about actual news watched because it was their best way of staying informed. This is no longer true and unfortunately the news no longer acts like they are a service but as a business and they are fighting for eyeballs and with that comes the trash we see, its all about numbers. We live in a clickbait world where people have 5 second attention spans and the news has become attention grabbing trash. Most political, social blah blah blah debates have the bulk of their truth in the middle of the extreme opinions on either side, but that middle ground doesn't get eyeballs, and we are left with inflammatory garbage on both sides of the spectrum.
Like this! Liked
OSRacer
TRN MVP
TRN MVP

Post by OSRacer »

Looks like Koclanakis is transferring to Colorado State (per his twitter) to finish his career. Best of luck to him - he had a great run here.
Like this! Liked
Explore Kentucky Lake