EKU

This forum is for the discussion of Racer Football.
smidge34
TRN GOAT
TRN GOAT

EKU

Post by smidge34 »

They’ve got issues. Here’s a link to their board.

https://www.maroon-nation.com/forum/vie ... 16d3afc2ea
Like this! Liked
SwedeDRC
TRN Starting Lineup
TRN Starting Lineup

Re: EKU

Post by SwedeDRC »

Yeah Smidge They sure do...lol Here is another one...Marshall total yardage...627(could have been more if they tried in the secound half) EKU toal yardage 122
Truly a phathetic exhibition by an OVC school..Does this gives Beth justification for a serious sit down over EKU bolting from the OVC football plan for 20-21?..Anyone think that is happening? ahh probably not. Beth will be happy they got their face bashed in and use it as an example for any other schools with such high falutin ideas.
Like this! Liked
smidge34
TRN GOAT
TRN GOAT

Post by smidge34 »

Citadel might be their easiest game of 8 and though they had several players opt out of the season including their starting slot back and their All-American RB and Southern conference rushing leader, they return 8 starters on an already stout D. They play Central Arkansas, who beat Peay at home, home and away and unless some major changes happen those will be Ls. The rest of the schedule is games at WVA and Troy then finishing up with SFA and Western Carolina at Kidd. I doubt they score much this season but who knows? I think they should have gave Elder another season.
Like this! Liked
SwedeDRC
TRN Starting Lineup
TRN Starting Lineup

Post by SwedeDRC »

Well its hard to see how it could have been any worse with Elder. The comments on the EKU board are really sad with posters saying the EKU effort looked like a spring practice truly lacking in organization and a clue about what to do in the game.

At least one posted they were embarrassed and sad the kids on the team had to be there..
Like this! Liked
fmftballmgr
TRN POY
TRN POY

Post by fmftballmgr »

as rough as it is going to be for them at least they are playing.
We should have at least played Georgia State, try to pick up another money game to help with the revenue we lost by not getting to play Louisville and maybe pick up a fcs game or two and play the four out of conference games the ovc said we could play. We may have looked as bad as EKU did but not having a spring this year it would have helped to see what we have under the new coach and where things need to be improved.
I hope the AD has a plan to make up for what revenue was lost and not expect the boosters to cover it all. I also hope that plan is not cutting other sports
Like this! Liked
Kentucky Lake
TRN Signee
TRN Signee

Post by Kentucky Lake »

I don't think we can cut any more sports and remain Division I eligible.
Like this! Liked
"This is Murray State. Regardless of who we have I don’t see how you could pick us eighth. It’s disrespectful to us. We should never be picked worse than third. I don’t care who we have." - Shawn Witherspoon, 9-19-06
SwedeDRC
TRN Starting Lineup
TRN Starting Lineup

Post by SwedeDRC »

Im so sorry to say EKU is on national TV again tomorrow playing the West Virginisa University football team.

This could be grim but I have a plan. I good clieint of mine is a big deal at WVU. Maybe I can get him to get thier team to play like oh maybe 9 or 10 guys at a time..You know gaive the EKU kids a fighting chance...I know if that was the case at the Marshall game they would have done better and not shamed the team and the conference.
Seriously what or who is running their program? Hope they will at least score tomorrow.
Like this! Liked
02Racer
TRN All-American
TRN All-American

Post by 02Racer »

At least they're playing football. Only chance of seeing our team in action is by attending a protest march.
Like this! Liked
smidge34
TRN GOAT
TRN GOAT

Post by smidge34 »

Like this! Liked
SwedeDRC
TRN Starting Lineup
TRN Starting Lineup

Post by SwedeDRC »

That sums EKU up pretty well Smidge. However we should note they scored this week plus they gained over 40 more yards than last week. Alas WVU pretty much did whatever they wanted without three suspended starting offensive linemen and gained the same yardage as Marshall.
The EKU fan board seems to something to check out if your bored. A few posters continue to be thinking "what are we doing...what are we doing?" but others look at the improvement in scoring(10 points) and yardage gains as something to bulld on. Hope springs eternal I s'pose but, to be polite, Im wary. They need the ovc in the worst way.
Like this! Liked
smidge34
TRN GOAT
TRN GOAT

Post by smidge34 »

I was reacting to 02’s comment actually, I wish we’d went EKU’s route. Hats off to them regardless of the outcomes.
Like this! Liked
runningracer
TRN All-American
TRN All-American

Post by runningracer »

At least the money will be good for their program's future.
Like this! Liked
Explore Kentucky Lake