Football Coaching Search

This forum is for the discussion of Racer Football.
smidge34
TRN GOAT
TRN GOAT

Re: Football Coaching Search

Post by smidge34 »

Are you saying any remnants of the air raid are officially history lol? :banana:
:goracers: 109

Efan
TRN Benchwarmer
TRN Benchwarmer

Post by Efan »

You now have Dean and Jake, A few morer EKU guys and you guys may be contenders. :lol:
EKU A Matter of Pride
2 National Championships
4 National Championship games
20 Playoff Appearances
21 Conference Championships

smidge34
TRN GOAT
TRN GOAT

Post by smidge34 »

Efan wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:47 pm
You now have Dean and Jake, A few morer EKU guys and you guys may be contenders. :lol:
It would be a marked difference from their tenures at your program then lol.

Blue N Gold
TRN Sixth Man
TRN Sixth Man

Post by Blue N Gold »

smidge34 wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:49 pm
Efan wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:47 pm
It would be a marked difference from their tenures at your program then lol.
Record of 55-38 (44-19 conference) with 2 titles in his tenure at EKU sounds pretty good to this Racer fan! Make Racer football great again LOL!

smidge34
TRN GOAT
TRN GOAT

Post by smidge34 »

Well I didn’t look but I’ll say this, if they fired him with a 44-19 conf record and two conference titles they got what they deserved and are dumb as rocks cause they haven’t approached it since. Admittedly, I haven’t kept up with 1AA football much since we gave up on it

Edit: Just looked and that is spot on. Two championships, 4 second places and a 4th and 5th. Lol wow I stand corrected efan, y’all should be pissed for what you traded him for (15-16 with a 3rd, 4th, 5th and 8th place finish). Wow and yes I’d be thrilled with that.

jayinbama
TRN Starting Lineup
TRN Starting Lineup

Post by jayinbama »

smidge34 wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:40 pm
Well I didn’t look but I’ll say this, if they fired him with a 44-19 conf record and two conference titles they got what they deserved and are dumb as rocks cause they haven’t approached it since. Admittedly, I haven’t kept up with 1AA football much since we gave up on it

Edit: Just looked and that is spot on. Two championships, 4 second places and a 4th and 5th. Lol wow I stand corrected efan, y’all should be pissed for what you traded him for (15-16 with a 3rd, 4th, 5th and 8th place finish). Wow and yes I’d be thrilled with that.
That FCS group on Facebook really open my eyes on how bad we had it as Racer fans lol

msuowns
TRN Legend
TRN Legend

Post by msuowns »

"Home, home again I like to be here when I can. When I come home cold and tired, it's good to warm my bones by the fire".

A_1985_grad
TRN Starting Lineup
TRN Starting Lineup

Post by A_1985_grad »

msuowns wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:03 pm
https://www.courier-journal.com/story/s ... 391815002/ He made 375k this year.
Hmmm. Reportedly he'll get a base salary of $190K at MSU. I wonder if related income (shoe contracts, coach's show, etc.) of being a head coach gets him up anywhere near $375K? If so, imagine what the Coach Cals and Coach Ks of the world REALLY rake in.

smidge34
TRN GOAT
TRN GOAT

Post by smidge34 »

Good hire for the $ looks like.

ERacerHead
TRN MVP
TRN MVP

Post by ERacerHead »

I was pleasantly surprised at the press conference today. Guardedly optimistic.

runningracer
TRN All-American
TRN All-American

Post by runningracer »

I don't know what the record will be next year, but I predict the fundamentals will be better, things done more efficiently, and very professionally. Coach Hood wants the players to enjoy football. Enjoying the game is easier when you play well and have a chance to win. What we have had for the last fifteen years has been nothing short of miserable, with poor techniques in tackling, poor special teams, bonehead penalties, and a one dimensional offense. We will see a different team next year, that will be ready to play. I firmly believe we have good players that with a few additions should be competitive in all their FCS matchups. I don't expect perfection, or for there not to be some disappointments next year, but I do expect Murray State to look like an organized, disciplined team that other teams will overlook at their own peril. :clap: :clap:

racerlover
TRN All-American
TRN All-American

Post by racerlover »

The funny part of all this is that eku fans have more posts on this topic than us. Also got very heated and personal. What are they so worried about? Hmmm :think:

fmftballmgr
TRN POY
TRN POY

Post by fmftballmgr »

If they still want then they should not have fired him

smidge34
TRN GOAT
TRN GOAT

Post by smidge34 »

Most everyone of the Colonel fans that post in their football section on Maroon Nation are great fans and easy to mingle with. They put up with me lol so that’s should tell you something ha. :lol:

colonelblitz
TRN Benchwarmer
TRN Benchwarmer

Post by colonelblitz »

If a wasn’t tired of the “ Dean Hood” regurgitate, I would breakdown his record for you in more detail. But know he is a good man and will be a much better coach than you have had in the past. Looking forward to more games under the lights , like the one in 1982 !! Ted Turner said let there be lights at Roy Kidd Stadium.. What a game that was ...!!!
western sucks!!

Explore Kentucky Lake