opening lines for week 12

This forum is for the discussion of Racer Football.
msuowns
TRN Legend
TRN Legend

Re: opening lines for week 12

Post by msuowns » Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:48 pm

Somethings we aren’t sure about but one thing we are sure about. If we don’t make a coaching change, every year is going to be misery. Fans showed up again today, that’s all.
Like this! Liked
"Home, home again I like to be here when I can. When I come home cold and tired, it's good to warm my bones by the fire".

smidge34
TRN GOAT
TRN GOAT

Post by smidge34 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:37 pm

Lmao keep your eye on our WRs far out on right.

Like this! Liked

racerlover
TRN All-American
TRN All-American

Post by racerlover » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:26 pm

smidge34 wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:37 pm

That's hands down the most embarrassing thing I've ever seen on a football field. At any level. I don't even know what else to say.
Like this! Liked

msuowns
TRN Legend
TRN Legend

Post by msuowns » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:18 pm

racerlover wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:26 pm
smidge34 wrote:

That's hands down the most embarrassing thing I've ever seen on a football field. At any level. I don't even know what else to say.
Never even seen that in little league ball. So that’s a known trick play that has been ran by another team in the past?
Like this! Liked
"Home, home again I like to be here when I can. When I come home cold and tired, it's good to warm my bones by the fire".

runningracer
TRN All-American
TRN All-American

Post by runningracer » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:32 pm

What's next, the barking dog? This guy might make it in middle school, but his coaching has been an embarrassment for the university for some time now. :thumbdown:
Like this! Liked

smidge34
TRN GOAT
TRN GOAT

Post by smidge34 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:33 pm

Maybe a lineman lined up way out there instead of a WR, nevertheless I had a player’s dad say to me tonight he hasn’t anything like that since his boy was playing Pop Warner lol.
Like this! Liked

apsufan82
TRN MVP
TRN MVP

Post by apsufan82 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:59 pm

smidge34 wrote:

I saw this when it happened and turned to the guy next to me and said “did I really just see that?”

I’ve watched a lot of football but that’s a first for me
Like this! Liked
Follow me on twitter @cmathews82.

evvracerfan
TRN Starting Lineup
TRN Starting Lineup

Post by evvracerfan » Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:25 am

I am so ready for the Mitch Stewart era to end next Saturday. He's a good man but he's not even close to being a good football coach. I wish him well in his future endeavors but if we let him coach another year I don't EVER want to hear our AD, President, or anyone else lie to us fans and say they care about building a solid football program. Scoring a grand total of 14 points in two straight home games is beyond pathetic - especially given that Tech was allowing 41 points a game coming into our game. Our offense makes every defense look like the '85 Chicago Bears.

OK, I needed that rant. I'm done here - it's no longer healthy for me to follow this dumpster fire of a program. I'll see you guys when MSU decides that it wants to be something better than a bottom feeder football program. On to basketball season - go Racers!
Like this! Liked

fmftballmgr
TRN POY
TRN POY

Post by fmftballmgr » Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:50 am

[/quote]

I saw this when it happened and turned to the guy next to me and said “did I really just see that?”

[/quote]

Everybody said that.
Like this! Liked

doverkid
TRN Recruit
TRN Recruit

Post by doverkid » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:23 pm

Hello Racer Fans

Very enjoyable visit Saturday, about the same as couple of years ago when last came to town. Terrific day and outcome.

I was reviewing the history of your football program and there is some great history, titles and tradition.

You also have a great stadium, could use a little refresh on upper level, but great place to view a game.

Even with our recent investment in facilities, I would gage your stadium better with some investment.

Maybe put in a few more luxury/club seats for the donors which would appear easy in the upper level.

APSU made some investment and hired the right coaches and for now our long struggle with football is paying off and we currently are in a good place.

Many have said about your program that you do not have the resources to compete in the OVC and to that I say hogwash.

A change in leadership with the right hire would completely turn the ship, and it could be done quickly especially with your facilities and location.

We have a great coach, who followed a great coach, I am hoping our next one will be as well as our current one will likely triple or quadruple his pay soon.

P.S. I have never seen anything like the pushups in all my years of observing football, no idea what the purpose of that was, but perhaps that is the proverbial straw for a change.....
Like this! Liked

racerlover
TRN All-American
TRN All-American

Post by racerlover » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:25 pm

doverkid wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:23 pm
Hello Racer Fans

Very enjoyable visit Saturday, about the same as couple of years ago when last came to town. Terrific day and outcome.

I was reviewing the history of your football program and there is some great history, titles and tradition.

You also have a great stadium, could use a little refresh on upper level, but great place to view a game.

Even with our recent investment in facilities, I would gage your stadium better with some investment.

Maybe put in a few more luxury/club seats for the donors which would appear easy in the upper level.

APSU made some investment and hired the right coaches and for now our long struggle with football is paying off and we currently are in a good place.

Many have said about your program that you do not have the resources to compete in the OVC and to that I say hogwash.

A change in leadership with the right hire would completely turn the ship, and it could be done quickly especially with your facilities and location.

We have a great coach, who followed a great coach, I am hoping our next one will be as well as our current one will likely triple or quadruple his pay soon.

P.S. I have never seen anything like the pushups in all my years of observing football, no idea what the purpose of that was, but perhaps that is the proverbial straw for a change.....
Forget investing in the stadium. The investment should be in a halfway competent coach. Hell, I'd even take Willie Taggart as head coach at this point.
Like this! Liked

msuowns
TRN Legend
TRN Legend

Post by msuowns » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:33 pm

Nutt is putting out feelers for the Arkansas job
Like this! Liked

runningracer
TRN All-American
TRN All-American

Post by runningracer » Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:18 am

Heard a rumor that Petrino would also like the job. I don't see that happening as his dismissal started the slide into oblivion.
Like this! Liked

HoptownRacer
TRN All-American
TRN All-American

Post by HoptownRacer » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:05 am

No UK ties, though... :thumbdown:
Like this! Liked

smidge34
TRN GOAT
TRN GOAT

Post by smidge34 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:26 am

Guaranteed it’s coming Hoppy.
Like this! Liked

02Racer
TRN All-American
TRN All-American

Post by 02Racer » Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:19 pm

Kentucky Lake wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:12 am
I also agree the potential is there and that funding is not the main reason why we have stunk it up in football for the majority of the 21st century. It's getting the right coach and the right AD in here (we have the right AD now). I think the new AD will make the right choice, he seems like he cares about football at MSU.
Funding is an ENORMOUS factor in getting the right coach. Peay’s coach is in his first season and makes more than double what Stewart gets paid. SEMO’s coach makes $100k more than Stewart.

Part of the problem is that with the TV money, BCS schools can throw so much money at their staffs that it makes it difficult to hire up and coming assistants away from the big money programs. Hell, the assistant special teams coaches at some of those schools probably make more money than our HC.
Like this! Liked

racerlover
TRN All-American
TRN All-American

Post by racerlover » Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:49 pm

Every member of Alabama’s 2019 staff will be paid at least $450,000 and all but one will be paid at least $525,000.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatod ... 3224184002
Like this! Liked

Explore Kentucky Lake