opening lines for week 12

This forum is for the discussion of Racer Football.
User avatar
fmftballmgr
TRN POY
TRN POY
Posts: 1669
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:33 pm
Location: Hermitage Tn
x 314

opening lines for week 12

Post by fmftballmgr » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:41 pm

TTU
EKU -71/2

SEMO -14
EIU

TSU
UTM -22 1/2


the bad guys -9
MSU


I would love to spoil their championships hopes like we did last year to semo, but it is is going to take a complete effort and some different play calling
Like this! Liked

User avatar
smidge34
TRN GOAT
TRN GOAT
Posts: 11018
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:52 am
Location: Follow me on Twitter: @Smidge342003
x 4476

Re: opening lines for week 12

Post by smidge34 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:08 pm

Man I want to win at least one of these last two but both are solid IAA football teams and the class of the OVC. SEMO is gonna have a little revenge on the brain too and will not overlook us in that last game of the season, especially on their own field.
Like this! Liked

User avatar
apsufan82
TRN MVP
TRN MVP
Posts: 914
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:30 pm
Location: Clarksville
x 237

Re: opening lines for week 12

Post by apsufan82 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:33 pm

Game like this makes me nervous. No offense but its clear who the better team is but the Govs cannot lose either of these last two games. So they have everything riding on these last two games. Murray doesn't really have anything to play for but pride. Add in that it's a rivalry game, makes me very nervous. I know Murray would love nothing more than to halt a 2 game losing streak and ruin the Govs chances at winning the OVC and a getting in the playoffs.

I'll be there and I sure hope it warms up by Saturday. I know the forecast says 50's and after today, that sounds like a heat wave lol
Like this! Liked
Follow me on twitter @cmathews82.

User avatar
racerlover
TRN All-American
TRN All-American
Posts: 2416
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:25 am
Location: Murray, KY.
x 576

Re: opening lines for week 12

Post by racerlover » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:13 pm

apsufan82 wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:33 pm
Game like this makes me nervous. No offense but its clear who the better team is but the Govs cannot lose either of these last two games. So they have everything riding on these last two games. Murray doesn't really have anything to play for but pride. Add in that it's a rivalry game, makes me very nervous. I know Murray would love nothing more than to halt a 2 game losing streak and ruin the Govs chances at winning the OVC and a getting in the playoffs.

I'll be there and I sure hope it warms up by Saturday. I know the forecast says 50's and after today, that sounds like a heat wave lol
I didn't even care about the upcoming game, but you made it sound exciting. And you're right. I would love to see Murray stick it to Peay, just for the hell of it. I might actually go. Maybe...
Like this! Liked

User avatar
apsufan82
TRN MVP
TRN MVP
Posts: 914
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:30 pm
Location: Clarksville
x 237

Re: opening lines for week 12

Post by apsufan82 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:56 pm

Glad I could help lol
Like this! Liked
Follow me on twitter @cmathews82.

User avatar
fmftballmgr
TRN POY
TRN POY
Posts: 1669
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:33 pm
Location: Hermitage Tn
x 314

Re: opening lines for week 12

Post by fmftballmgr » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:57 am

of the two games that we have left I see Peay as the one that may have a better chance of beating for above stated reason.
rival game
no better way than to spoil their championship


and with what we did to semo last year and they are again in the same position of fighting for a championship and it being at semo

We could hang tough with them or we could get it handed to us in both games. 10 games in and we don't know which team will show up
Like this! Liked

User avatar
75Fan
TRN Legend
TRN Legend
Posts: 7970
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:39 am
x 1896

Re: opening lines for week 12

Post by 75Fan » Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:58 pm

1). If we pass the ball North and South instead of East and West I like our chances of scoring points.

2). If we run 3rd down routes that are 1 yard further than the first-down marker instead of 1 yard shorter, our time of possession will improve.
Like this! Liked


6 ETHICS OF LIFE

1. BEFORE YOU PRAY..........BELIEVE.
2. BEFORE YOU SPEAK.......LISTEN.
3. BEFORE YOU SPEND......EARN.
4. BEFORE YOU WRITE.......THINK.
5. BEFORE YOU QUIT...........TRY.
6. BEFORE YOU DIE.............LIVE.


SwedeDRC
TRN Sixth Man
TRN Sixth Man
Posts: 189
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:39 am
x 144

Re: opening lines for week 12

Post by SwedeDRC » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:24 pm

Prescient sage advice as always 75!
Like this! Liked

User avatar
fmftballmgr
TRN POY
TRN POY
Posts: 1669
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:33 pm
Location: Hermitage Tn
x 314

Re: opening lines for week 12

Post by fmftballmgr » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:24 pm

75Fan wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:58 pm
1). If we pass the ball North and South instead of East and West I like our chances of scoring points.

2). If we run 3rd down routes that are 1 yard further than the first-down marker instead of 1 yard shorter, our time of possession will improve.

but when have we done that?????
Like this! Liked

User avatar
msuowns
TRN Legend
TRN Legend
Posts: 5769
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:57 pm
Location: Paducah
x 612

Re: opening lines for week 12

Post by msuowns » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:05 pm

apsufan82 wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:56 pm
Glad I could help lol
Congrats to the P for having a football program.
Like this! Liked
"Home, home again I like to be here when I can. When I come home cold and tired, it's good to warm my bones by the fire".

User avatar
msuowns
TRN Legend
TRN Legend
Posts: 5769
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:57 pm
Location: Paducah
x 612

Re: opening lines for week 12

Post by msuowns » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:07 pm

fmftballmgr wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:41 pm
TTU
EKU -71/2

SEMO -14
EIU

TSU
UTM -22 1/2


the bad guys -9
MSU
But will coach change his offense some? Doubt it. Def. of insanity. :bang:

I would love to spoil their championships hopes like we did last year to semo, but it is is going to take a complete effort and some different play calling
Like this! Liked
"Home, home again I like to be here when I can. When I come home cold and tired, it's good to warm my bones by the fire".

OSRacer
TRN MVP
TRN MVP
Posts: 543
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2005 8:41 pm
x 51

Re: opening lines for week 12

Post by OSRacer » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:38 pm

Got a good feeling about this game (not sure why). Peay is talented, well coached and a good ball team....Somehow lost to TSU? Anything can happen and I believe the boys come out ready to rock and roll.

MSU 27 - apsu 23
Like this! Liked

evvracerfan
TRN Starting Lineup
TRN Starting Lineup
Posts: 395
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:24 pm
x 537

Re: opening lines for week 12

Post by evvracerfan » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:42 pm

75Fan wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:58 pm
1). If we pass the ball North and South instead of East and West I like our chances of scoring points.

2). If we run 3rd down routes that are 1 yard further than the first-down marker instead of 1 yard shorter, our time of possession will improve.
That whole “north/south” thing is a big reason our offense is a failure. It’s not that hard to defend only the first 10 yards past the line of scrimmage.
Like this! Liked

User avatar
apsufan82
TRN MVP
TRN MVP
Posts: 914
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:30 pm
Location: Clarksville
x 237

Re: opening lines for week 12

Post by apsufan82 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:51 pm

msuowns wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:05 pm
apsufan82 wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:56 pm
Glad I could help lol
Congrats to the P for having a football program.
Went from one of the worst programs in D1 to tops in the OVC so thanks.
Like this! Liked
Follow me on twitter @cmathews82.

User avatar
75Fan
TRN Legend
TRN Legend
Posts: 7970
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:39 am
x 1896

Re: opening lines for week 12

Post by 75Fan » Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:41 pm

apsufan82 wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:51 pm
msuowns wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:05 pm
apsufan82 wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:56 pm
Glad I could help lol
Congrats to the P for having a football program.
Went from one of the worst programs in D1 to tops in the OVC so thanks.
You certainly did!

Well done!!! :clap: :salute:
Like this! Liked


6 ETHICS OF LIFE

1. BEFORE YOU PRAY..........BELIEVE.
2. BEFORE YOU SPEAK.......LISTEN.
3. BEFORE YOU SPEND......EARN.
4. BEFORE YOU WRITE.......THINK.
5. BEFORE YOU QUIT...........TRY.
6. BEFORE YOU DIE.............LIVE.


User avatar
smidge34
TRN GOAT
TRN GOAT
Posts: 11018
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:52 am
Location: Follow me on Twitter: @Smidge342003
x 4476

Re: opening lines for week 12

Post by smidge34 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:22 pm

One more week until the misery is over for another year is about all you can say.
Like this! Liked

jayinbama
TRN Starting Lineup
TRN Starting Lineup
Posts: 441
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:14 pm
Location: Huntsville, Alabama
x 206
Contact:

Re: opening lines for week 12

Post by jayinbama » Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:48 pm

What a disgrace today.
Like this! Liked

User avatar
A_1985_grad
TRN Starting Lineup
TRN Starting Lineup
Posts: 366
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:11 am
x 286

Re: opening lines for week 12

Post by A_1985_grad » Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:59 pm

You can't half-ass a football program. Unless you're content with having losing records most every year, you either have to fund it comparable to the top of you're league or drop it altogether.

I don't think dropping it is a good option, as it would be a big loss to the university re: band, pageantry, Homecoming, etc. Can that be replaced?

So that means you fund it. But do you want to fund it if that means taking dollars away from men's basketball? If the answer is no, then we may need to just accept trolling at the bottom of the OVC.
Like this! Liked

User avatar
smidge34
TRN GOAT
TRN GOAT
Posts: 11018
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:52 am
Location: Follow me on Twitter: @Smidge342003
x 4476

Re: opening lines for week 12

Post by smidge34 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:48 pm

I don’t accept that funding is the primary issue in the OVC, nationally I’m sure it is but then again Western nearly shut down their program in the next season or two after winning the FCS national ‘ship because it nearly broke them so I’m certain that isn’t our mission. Are Peay, Martin and SEMO really outspending us? Hell we hired away Martin’s coach lol, so looks like Martin is on a shoestring budget. Was/is funding all that different under Griffin/Hatcher/Stewart than their two predecessors who turned in perennial 7-4 and 8-3 seasons? Nah it’s a coaching issue, one bad hire after another since Joe Pa was ran off by the Alexander Pharaoh part deux.

Edit I get that we are working in a time of dwindling public higher education spending, but so is everybody else so there’s that.
Like this! Liked

User avatar
A_1985_grad
TRN Starting Lineup
TRN Starting Lineup
Posts: 366
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:11 am
x 286

Re: opening lines for week 12

Post by A_1985_grad » Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:20 pm

smidge34 wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:48 pm
I don’t accept that funding is the primary issue in the OVC, nationally I’m sure it is but then again Western nearly shut down their program in the next season or two after winning the FCS national ‘ship because it nearly broke them so I’m certain that isn’t our mission. Are Peay, Martin and SEMO really outspending us? Hell we hired away Martin’s coach lol, so looks like Martin is on a shoestring budget. Was/is funding all that different under Griffin/Hatcher/Stewart than their two predecessors who turned in perennial 7-4 and 8-3 seasons? Nah it’s a coaching issue, one bad hire after another since Joe Pa was ran off by the Alexander Pharaoh part deux.

Edit I get that we are working in a time of dwindling public higher education spending, but so is everybody else so there’s that.
IDK, I thought someone on here said that our football funding was in the bottom half of the OVC, but I otherwise have no proof of that. And, in my way of thinking, coaches' salaries are part of that funding. I would think moving up an assistant within your own program is probably the most cost-effective way to go.

It does all start with the head coach. We can either keep hoping to get lucky with young up-and-comers who'll work cheap or get some older one looking for a second chance (though, realistically, their best years are behind them or tainted with scandal, which is why they'd be available). And we haven't been too lucky lately, as you mentioned.

If it were me, I'd probably drop football, add men's soccer and bring back men's tennis and maybe track. The Title IX male-female balance to keep football (and money) is why we had to drop men's tennis and track in the first place. I realize we'd lose the tradition and pageantry that I mentioned earlier that's unique to football -- and I realize schools that drop it often regret it and bring it back -- but we're a basketball school. Why not go ahead and go all-in on that?
Like this! Liked

Post Reply
Explore Kentucky Lake