Fall schedule...

This forum is for the discussion of Racer Football.
murraygrad05
TRN MVP
TRN MVP

Fall schedule...

Post by murraygrad05 »

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/sto ... ts-sept-17

I will be HIGHLY surprised if football is not to added to this list. Kinda sucks for soccer because I think their first scrimmage is usually around the end of July or first of August.

Kentucky Lake
TRN Recruit
TRN Recruit

Re: Fall schedule...

Post by Kentucky Lake »

An ESPN commentator mentioned the idea of moving FCS football to the spring. Seems like it might work with some interesting benefits. Start in February and have the playoffs in May.
"This is Murray State. Regardless of who we have I don’t see how you could pick us eighth. It’s disrespectful to us. We should never be picked worse than third. I don’t care who we have." - Shawn Witherspoon, 9-19-06

fmftballmgr
TRN POY
TRN POY

Post by fmftballmgr »

i was listening to Austin Lane's radio show the other day and they were talking about this.

His co-host suggested that the schools would get TV contract money to replace money games. Yea ok maybe but I would not trust the OVC to get his right
Austin said he was against the idea cause he like the opportunity to play against the bigger schools to showcase what he could do. He said the NFL teams were more concerned with what he did against those teams. They don't care what he could do against a team like peay or martin

smidge34
TRN GOAT
TRN GOAT

Post by smidge34 »

I don’t expect a single minute of college basketball to be played in 2020, does anybody think we will be playing tackle football this fall? I don’t.
:goracers:

02Racer
TRN All-American
TRN All-American

Post by 02Racer »

What happened to the like button?

Kentucky Lake
TRN Recruit
TRN Recruit

Post by Kentucky Lake »

smidge34 wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:50 pm
I don’t expect a single minute of college basketball to be played in 2020, does anybody think we will be playing tackle football this fall? I don’t.
I agree. I don't see it happening until January at least.
"This is Murray State. Regardless of who we have I don’t see how you could pick us eighth. It’s disrespectful to us. We should never be picked worse than third. I don’t care who we have." - Shawn Witherspoon, 9-19-06

smidge34
TRN GOAT
TRN GOAT

Post by smidge34 »

02Racer wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:44 pm
Board update. The “like” button is extra provided by NKYRacer’s expertise and must be reworked every time we update. Thanks NKY!

02Racer
TRN All-American
TRN All-American

Post by 02Racer »

smidge34 wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:33 pm
02Racer wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:44 pm
Board update. The “like” button is extra provided by NKYRacer’s expertise and must be reworked every time we update. Thanks NKY!
(Like)

fmftballmgr
TRN POY
TRN POY

Post by fmftballmgr »

Austin and his co-host was talking about doing after this year, going off the comments that David Pollock mage. This year is going to be play when possible

msuowns
TRN Legend
TRN Legend

Post by msuowns »

siu lost their big money game, but picked up kansas for 300k. any news on louisville?
"Home, home again I like to be here when I can. When I come home cold and tired, it's good to warm my bones by the fire".

runningracer
TRN All-American
TRN All-American

Post by runningracer »

Football questionable, but there will be basketball in January. Vaccine(s) will be approved around Thanksgiving with doses available by January. All that I have seen will require the original shot, plus a booster at some point within a couple of months. The leaders appear to be Moderna, Astrazenica, Pfizer, and J&J. They are entering Phase 3 trials in that order, with Moderna's beginning today, and J&J in early August. All are going ahead with production . That is expensive and indicates a high degree of confidence. The government has purchased the rights to either a high number of doses, or rights to the vaccines, including the National Institute of Health. Keep your fingers crossed, as anything that could go wrong, has gone wrong, in 2020.

smidge34
TRN GOAT
TRN GOAT

Post by smidge34 »

Follow the money, who is getting filthy rich?

02Racer
TRN All-American
TRN All-American

Post by 02Racer »

smidge34 wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:25 am
Follow the money, who is getting filthy richer?

runningracer
TRN All-American
TRN All-American

Post by runningracer »

I assume that Murray will have one less game this year since the ACC has gone to a ten game conference schedule, with only one additional game against an in state rival. Louisville has Kentucky, Bowling Green, KY, and Murray State on this years schedule. Anyone care to guess which of those three that they go with, depending on what the SEC does with out of conference games. The only other possibility would be with someone else who has had a game cancelled. Covid 19 already showing up in some NFL training camps. :cry:

Update: The SEC has now gone to an SEC only 10 game schedule. So that leaves Louisville picking either us, or Bowling Green, KY. I am not sure that there will be a season given current conditions.

jayinbama
TRN Starting Lineup
TRN Starting Lineup

Post by jayinbama »

I have felt for a while we either have Power 5 only football or nothing. I hope I am wrong but the financials says no way these FCS teams can afford a season.

Tick21
TRN All-American
TRN All-American

Post by Tick21 »

I'm probably missing something, but for the FCS, I don’t know why you couldn’t play the schedule in the spring. And if the Power 5 plays in the fall, all the better, more exposure for the FCS in the spring.

msuowns
TRN Legend
TRN Legend

Post by msuowns »

Sounds like fcs schools are going to be removed from the power 5 schools schedules. How are the smaller schools going to fund their athletic dept.?
"Home, home again I like to be here when I can. When I come home cold and tired, it's good to warm my bones by the fire".

msuowns
TRN Legend
TRN Legend

Post by msuowns »

Any out of conference team that plays UL in football will have to pass ACC protocols on covid 19. Wku and MSU are the two UL have scheduled.

ERacerHead
TRN MVP
TRN MVP

Post by ERacerHead »

I am not optimistic that we will see any college sports this season. While I remain hopeful that a vaccine will be rapidly developed and approved, I am also realistic. The first article on HIV was published in 1981. Some scientists have devoted their entire careers to developing an HIV vaccine, but none have succeeded. Science has yet to develop a successful RNA vaccine that would work against HIV or COVID-19. Not saying that it is impossible, just stressing how difficult it is. But hey, we landed people on the moon using computers less powerful than my iPhone, so I really hope the virologists can pull this off. But I also worry about what counts as success. The FDA considers 50% protection good enough. Is it? And furthermore, they will base success on statistics rather than exposure. That means, rather than Jenner taking some poor child milkmaid and dosing her with smallpox to see if the vaccine works, we just turn people loose and see what happens. Definitely an improvement on exposing innocent children, but still an imperfect model since noone still actually knows who was exposed and who was not.
My bottom line is that I doubt that we will have any college sports this year. And I hope beyond hope that I am totally and completely wrong.

runningracer
TRN All-American
TRN All-American

Post by runningracer »

With over 120000 people receiving the vaccine by December, whether it works, and it's safety should be pretty well known. Alas, I agree, too late for football. Things should return to normal by next year's schedule.

Explore Kentucky Lake