Dumbest thing I’ve heard all year

This forum is for the discussion of Racer Football.
smidge34
TRN GOAT
TRN GOAT

Dumbest thing I’ve heard all year

Post by smidge34 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:28 am

That’s saying something. “Encumbered by idgits, we pressed on.”

Like this! Liked
Nobody knows what the numbers are. Nobody. https://www.foxnews.com/politics/colora ... ath-counts

Tick21
TRN All-American
TRN All-American

Re: Dumbest thing I’ve heard all year

Post by Tick21 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:29 pm

Ridiculous!!! Why does there even need to be a discussion this far from Football season? To many decisions are made way too soon.
Like this! Liked

STLRacer
TRN Starting Lineup
TRN Starting Lineup

Post by STLRacer » Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:52 pm

This would have to be based on if most Universities are planning on doing all online next year for the Fall. Not sure why that decision has to be made this early either TBH, but that is the only thing I can think of as to why they would make a decision for Football this early. Are they thinking that they cant really expect to have kids come to play football and make money off them if they are not going to be expecting any other student to show up on campus? Honestly the only thing I can think of. And if that is the case then it would make me think many major universities have already made the decision to go fully online in the fall, which is a head scratcher to me... I mean all you have to do is wait three to four more weeks to see how things go in Georgia and there can be some preliminary data on reopening to use to at least somewhat justify any decisions. This would be shocking to me. The pessimist in me says this is because they are just worried about the chance that there will still be restrictions on mass gatherings (ie stadiums) and this is a money grab to try and push it back to when they can have more butts in seats...
Like this! Liked

runningracer
TRN All-American
TRN All-American

Post by runningracer » Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:43 pm

So when would they play basketball? I predict some schools will be open, and some won't. Give the schools the option of not playing, without penalty. By August, most will be ready. If not, then let those that are, play, and those that aren't, cancel.
Like this! Liked

smidge34
TRN GOAT
TRN GOAT

Post by smidge34 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:21 pm

Guys if there aren’t in person classes at MSU this fall you might as well roll up the sidewalks of Murray and rename us South Cairo. Half the city businesses or more are here because of the university. What do you think supports our university’s budget lol?? Sales tax, income tax, payroll tax, etc. I know this, I’m about done with the BS and I’m far from alone among my circle.
Like this! Liked
Nobody knows what the numbers are. Nobody. https://www.foxnews.com/politics/colora ... ath-counts

runningracer
TRN All-American
TRN All-American

Post by runningracer » Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:09 am

The virus may be a long term problem. There may never be a vaccine. I am hopeful for it because of the advances in biotechnology, and DNA, but like other viruses, we have to develop ways to treat it. With four months to go, I am sure that attendance will be down, or only every third ticket sold, or some other method used to prevent crowding. Prepare for small outbreaks, and isolated cases, but as immunities are developed, they will decrease in number. By the time football season arrives, the tests to determine those who have immunity should be readily available. Those who are prone to get the virus should use extreme caution.
Like this! Liked

STLRacer
TRN Starting Lineup
TRN Starting Lineup

Post by STLRacer » Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:54 am

Well luckily no big news came yesterday, so hopefully this guys intel was wrong. Like I said before seems more than extreme to make any call on fall sports/classes now. We have a gradual reopening plan in place for a reason, to slowly get this thing moving and see how it goes. If there is ample testing and reopening is done right, there is no reason I can see why a huge percentage of universities wouldn’t be open in the fall. Sure, if one is in a hotspot that starts up then they likely will not open, but a potential hotspot impacting universities in a large city shouldn’t impact the athletics or classes of Murray State.
Like this! Liked

STLRacer
TRN Starting Lineup
TRN Starting Lineup

Post by STLRacer » Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:55 am

runningracer wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:43 pm
So when would they play basketball? I predict some schools will be open, and some won't. Give the schools the option of not playing, without penalty. By August, most will be ready. If not, then let those that are, play, and those that aren't, cancel.
No fall/spring sports for one year and we will just have one “sports season” In the spring where they all play at once! :lol: :lol:
Like this! Liked

STLRacer
TRN Starting Lineup
TRN Starting Lineup

Post by STLRacer » Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:04 am

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... ers-needed

This Ish is about money... this article states that the plan is for there to be in person fall classes at Arizona, but their prez thinks fall and winter sports will be postponed until 2021 spring unless they can have no contact... what a bunch of rubbish, so you are saying the thinking is that it will be safe to have people living in tiny dorm rooms together and then going to crowded lecture halls, but heaven forbid the football players tackle each other? If this happens it is about the NCAA and universities wanting to wait until it’s more likely that they can fill their stadiums and get ticket revenue than caring about the health of their student athletes. Just my opinion, but it sounds super fishy to me.
Like this! Liked

smidge34
TRN GOAT
TRN GOAT

Post by smidge34 » Sat May 23, 2020 6:58 am

Like this! Liked

erbieh
TRN Benchwarmer
TRN Benchwarmer

Post by erbieh » Wed May 27, 2020 9:50 am

In my opinion, all sports should continue as before. Covid-19 is just a virus like flues, which also have
no vaccines, yet more die from flues than Covid-19 as a percentage(fact). They say 100000 deaths in America from Covid-19(not fact), but most are from other health reasons. The shutdown was only
for overload on hospitals(fact)! All sports should continue fully attended now. Facemasks are a joke!
If you are afraid to die, don't attend. Fear is faith in the devil.
Like this! Liked

smidge34
TRN GOAT
TRN GOAT

Post by smidge34 » Wed May 27, 2020 1:54 pm

By the end of summer there will be little appetite left for this BS.
Like this! Liked

Explore Kentucky Lake