If you are trying to register an account please use a valid email address. You may need to check your Junk/Spam/Social folder for the activation email.

Looking Back: Rick Fisher

This forum is for the discussion of Racer Football.

Moderator: syllable

Racer Insider Will
TRN POY
TRN POY

Looking Back: Rick Fisher

Post by Racer Insider Will » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:44 pm

Like this! Liked
When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies? Perhaps to be too practical is madness. To surrender dreams — this too may be madness. Too much sanity may be madness — and maddest of all: to see life as it is, and not as it should be!

msuowns
TRN Legend
TRN Legend

Re: Looking Back: Rick Fisher

Post by msuowns » Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:12 pm

great tb but a brutal coach in high school.
Like this! Liked
"Home, home again I like to be here when I can. When I come home cold and tired, it's good to warm my bones by the fire".

runningracer
TRN POY
TRN POY

Post by runningracer » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:24 pm

I remember Rick as a player. I was fairly young, but was interested in football. He was tough on the field. Hard to bring down, and always ready to carry the ball. After college, he chose to remain in Murray.
I never played for Rick, so I don't know how he was as a coach. I do know that he deeply cared for the welfare of his players. I also know of his will to win. He made the Murray program relevant in the state, and was well liked by the players that played for him.
Most importantly, off the field, he is one of the kindest, nicest, most decent human beings that I have ever known. He has my deepest respect, both as a coach, and as a man. :salute:
Like this! Liked

A_1985_grad
TRN Starting Lineup
TRN Starting Lineup

Post by A_1985_grad » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:44 pm

He should have a state title in 1994, but the KHSAA robbed Murray of the crown when the officials blew the call on the last play of the game.
Like this! Liked

runningracer
TRN POY
TRN POY

Post by runningracer » Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:14 am

That game was decided in the offices of the KHSAA, not on the field where it should have been. The fact that the quarterback who threw the ball away on the last play had signed with UK probably determined the outcome.
Like this! Liked

smidge34
TRN Legend
TRN Legend

Post by smidge34 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:39 am

runningracer wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:14 am
That game was decided in the offices of the KHSAA, not on the field where it should have been. The fact that the quarterback who threw the ball away on the last play had signed with UK probably determined the outcome.
Guys I know that hurt you because even though Beechwood beat you on the field, it looked like you just might win on a fluke play at the end. The ref inadvertently blew the whistle a couple steps early, just like when officials anticipate fouls and the Beechwood QB upon hearing whistle threw the ball in the air. That’s it. Beechwood wasn’t awarded the game, they won it on the field of play and took home the trophy just like they should have. There would have been no conspiracy to worry about had Murray put more points on the board than Beechwood and wouldn’t have needed to cry all these years that they didn’t win on a fluke. I’ll tell you what a flipping travesty would have been though, robbing Beechwood’s players who won that game on the field by having it ripped away by an inadvertent whistle. That would have been tragic.
Like this! Liked
:goracers:

msuowns
TRN Legend
TRN Legend

Post by msuowns » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:40 pm

runningracer wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:24 pm
I remember Rick as a player. I was fairly young, but was interested in football. He was tough on the field. Hard to bring down, and always ready to carry the ball. After college, he chose to remain in Murray.
I never played for Rick, so I don't know how he was as a coach. I do know that he deeply cared for the welfare of his players. I also know of his will to win. He made the Murray program relevant in the state, and was well liked by the players that played for him.
Most importantly, off the field, he is one of the kindest, nicest, most decent human beings that I have ever known. He has my deepest respect, both as a coach, and as a man. :salute:
" I never played for Rick"
Like this! Liked
"Home, home again I like to be here when I can. When I come home cold and tired, it's good to warm my bones by the fire".

msuowns
TRN Legend
TRN Legend

Post by msuowns » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:57 pm

smidge34 wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:39 am
runningracer wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:14 am
Guys I know that hurt you because even though Beechwood beat you on the field, it looked like you just might win on a fluke play at the end. The ref inadvertently blew the whistle a couple steps early, just like when officials anticipate fouls and the Beechwood QB upon hearing whistle threw the ball in the air. That’s it. Beechwood wasn’t awarded the game, they won it on the field of play and took home the trophy just like they should have. There would have been no conspiracy to worry about had Murray put more points on the board than Beechwood and wouldn’t have needed to cry all these years that they didn’t win on a fluke. I’ll tell you what a flipping travesty would have been though, robbing Beechwood’s players who won that game on the field by having it ripped away by an inadvertent whistle. That would have been tragic.
Mayfield has always had the coaches. On occasion Murray has had a few. Murray liked to grab a teacher and try and make them a coach
Like this! Liked

Explore Kentucky Lake