Great Win / Injuries?

This forum is for the discussion of the women's basketball team.
Tick21
TRN All-American
TRN All-American

Great Win / Injuries?

Post by Tick21 »

Our Women’s team has been on quite a roll as of late. I believe they have won six of their last seven games, and their only loss was a two point heartbreaker to Martin, which we led all the way until the last few seconds.

Yesterday, we had two starters get hurt within a couple of minutes, Wood and Hawthorne, and fell behind by 10 at half to a team which was 10-0 on their home court. The Lady Racers showed a lot of grit, not to mention a lot of offense, to post an impressive come from behind victory.

I’m curious if anyone on here watched the game. While the entire game was poorly officiated. The last three minutes was atrocious and one sided, if not for some lights out shooting, we would not have survived. The worst call probably came on a foul that they got right, but after Jax. St. Coach through a fit, they changed who they called it on. It would have been that player’s fifth foul.

Regardless, it was a great win overcoming so much adversity. Good luck the rest of the season, and I hope the two players who were injured, are able to come back in play in the tournament.
Like this! Liked
75Fan
TRN Legend
TRN Legend

Re: Great Win / Injuries?

Post by 75Fan »

I caught the 3rd quarter and the first half of the 4th quarter.

They attack the rim more frequently than the men do, that's for sure.

Congratulations to them on their recent string of success.

Here's hoping they keep it going!
Like this! Liked
dropkick
TRN MVP
TRN MVP

Post by dropkick »

A very impressive win indeed. I can’t imagine how a team regroups and refocuses after watching two teammates go down on back to back trips down court on the exact same place on the court. Credit to them for doing it though and shooting close to 70% in the second half. The first injury, Wood I believe, was hard to watch because she was in obvious pain holding the back of her knee, which I immediately think ACL. I believe the second was an ankle but she was in a lot of pain as well. I agree the whistle went Jacksonville’s way down the stretch but every time they hit free throws we came down and nocked down a shot, several of witch were threes. They were 10-0 at home this year. We are sitting at the 7 seed today but with a win Saturday we could end up 4th maybe. 3-6 have just one less loss and several play each other. 1,2 and 8 are the only seeds set
Like this! Liked
smidge34
TRN GOAT
TRN GOAT

Post by smidge34 »

The ladies sweep the road trip with a 68-67 win. Great game, Turley is a badass! Tie for 5th, get the 6 seed.
Like this! Liked
dropkick
TRN MVP
TRN MVP

Post by dropkick »

Awesome two game road trip. Minus two starters. And they avoid Belmont in the first round. Coach Turner gets an extension yesterday through 22-23
Like this! Liked
Tick21
TRN All-American
TRN All-American

Post by Tick21 »

Another huge come from behind win again tonight. This team never gives up, and it’s great to see them finish the year strong, winning 7 of the last 8 games, and continued to show improvement throughout the year.
Like this! Liked
runningracer
TRN All-American
TRN All-American

Post by runningracer »

This team has guts. They had two or three chances to fold, but refused to give up. Coach Turner has quietly been building the program that many believed that she would when she took over. Everyone that played contributed tonight. :thumbup:
Like this! Liked