Future recruiting

This forum is for the discussion of Racer Basketball recruiting.
RockinRacers
TRN MVP
TRN MVP

Future recruiting

Post by RockinRacers » Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:25 pm

With Ja being a top 3 pick in June how will that impact our recruiting the next few years? Thoughts
Like this! Liked

JoeD
TRN Legend
TRN Legend

Re: Future recruiting

Post by JoeD » Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:14 pm

I think its already been/being addressed. Chico Carter is a 6'4" PG commit who will come in. At this point, though I still wonder if the staff might go and look at a JUCO PG. If they don't, that tells me they are comfortable with DaQuan Smith, Chico Carter, Jalen Johnson at the point next season with Tevin being a ballhandler in the mix. Either way they go, backcourt talent won't be lacking.
Like this! Liked
Im old enough to remember when being "politically correct" was understood to mean "not being a complete, racist, xenophobic a-hole". Good times...

STLRacer
TRN Starting Lineup
TRN Starting Lineup

Post by STLRacer » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:05 am

Are you meaning how will it impact who we go after because of his departure? Or how will having a top 3 pick come out of our program help our recruiters get better players because of our growing resume to get players drafted from the program? I think the answer to that is easy, it helps immensely. I think you can look back to the start of this run of PG's and begin to wonder, would Cam have been as interested in Murray if not for Isaiah, and would Ja have wavered once the SC offer came in if not for Isaiah and then Cam getting drafted? Maybe not, but it is possible. I think any time you have Draft picks and especially lottery picks at a mid major you take a leap in who you can realistically recruit. Now we become more of a premiere program for these kids that are potential pros that want to be stars and starters right away and we have to be at the top of these kids lists at this point. If you were asking how we are going to fill his shoes, I would recommend you watch all the tape on Chico, he is going to be another special Racer PG. 6'4 with incredible shooting ability and a great passer. No, he won't be a walking highlight real like Ja, but he is going to be a really great player and EASILY could be our next Pro.
Like this! Liked

RacerPreacher
TRN Starting Lineup
TRN Starting Lineup

Post by RacerPreacher » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:49 pm

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/murray-state-fills-a-hole-with-three-star-noah-kamba

Noah Kamba another 3 star guard.
Like this! Liked
“I hate to lose more than I love to win.”

Explore Kentucky Lake