If you are trying to register an account please use a valid email address. You may need to check your Junk/Spam/Social folder for the activation email.

Zach Hopewell

This forum is for the discussion of Racer Basketball recruiting.
popeyejonesfan
TRN POY
TRN POY

Re: Zach Hopewell

Post by popeyejonesfan » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:55 pm

Everyone makes good points about the possible reasons for holding on to our last scholarship. But, we've had an open scholarship for 2 years. If we have a problem with depth, it'll be in the paint next season. I'd love to have Charles Brown available as our last guy off the bench. He could rebound and play defense and looked like he might be able to hit a few jump shots as well. Just don't understand letting him go.
Like this! Liked

75Fan
TRN Legend
TRN Legend

Post by 75Fan » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:02 pm

I'm with you Pop!

We've tended to recruit heavily in the guard department and rarely in the center department.

Should we receive an invite to the MVC ( :pray: :thank: ), we will need to put more emphasis on recruiting bigs, especially those with a defensive skillset a la Jarvis Williams, Ed Daniel and Cuthbert Victor. (Man, I'd love to see those 3 play together!)

And :hey: :goracers:
Like this! Liked

6 ETHICS OF LIFE

1. BEFORE YOU PRAY..........BELIEVE.
2. BEFORE YOU SPEAK.......LISTEN.
3. BEFORE YOU SPEND......EARN.
4. BEFORE YOU WRITE.......THINK.
5. BEFORE YOU QUIT...........TRY.
6. BEFORE YOU DIE.............LIVE.

bjhracer
TRN All-American
TRN All-American

Post by bjhracer » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:36 pm

popeyejonesfan wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:55 pm
Everyone makes good points about the possible reasons for holding on to our last scholarship. But, we've had an open scholarship for 2 years. If we have a problem with depth, it'll be in the paint next season. I'd love to have Charles Brown available as our last guy off the bench. He could rebound and play defense and looked like he might be able to hit a few jump shots as well. Just don't understand letting him go.
Problem is if we used the scholly for and end of the Bench big guy he would just sit on the bench. Wouldn't help depth at all. Gilbert was serviceable and sat out most games. No he is gone. Like 75 said if we get MVC invite Gilbert would have been valuable to have .
Like this! Liked
"I hate losing, I hate losing more than I love winning." B.J. Jenkins

Explore Kentucky Lake