If you are trying to register an account please use a valid email address. You may need to check your Junk/Spam/Social folder for the activation email.

Our class

This forum is for the discussion of Racer Basketball recruiting.
Post Reply
User avatar
smidge34
TRN Legend
TRN Legend
Posts: 9955
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:52 am
Location: Follow me on Twitter: @Smidge342003
x 2956

Our class

Post by smidge34 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:32 pm

Like this! Liked

STLRacer
TRN Sixth Man
TRN Sixth Man
Posts: 226
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:52 am
x 156

Re: Our class

Post by STLRacer » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:34 am

We have one more Scholly for next year correct? Getting a solid freshman big would be such a cherry on top of this already great class. Getting a young big to grow with our great young guards would set us up so well for a great run of dominance. I am probably stating the obvious, but I just don't want to be too guard heavy knowing that depth in the front court is always key with OVC officiating.
Like this! Liked

bentonracer
TRN Starting Lineup
TRN Starting Lineup
Posts: 307
Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:24 pm
x 118

Re: Our class

Post by bentonracer » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:31 am

We still have one scholarship to give which will probably be used on a big guy. We typically have one or two guys to transfer after the season so more scholarship spots may open up. I always know that Matt likes to get one transfer every year sitting out to learn our system.

I do like our future with our core players.
Like this! Liked

Handicap
TRN MVP
TRN MVP
Posts: 600
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:46 pm
x 192

Re: Our class

Post by Handicap » Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:07 pm

bentonracer wrote:We still have one scholarship to give which will probably be used on a big guy. We typically have one or two guys to transfer after the season so more scholarship spots may open up. I always know that Matt likes to get one transfer every year sitting out to learn our system.

I do like our future with our core players.
Yeah hopefully that doesn't happen this time around and everyone stays, but i guess if there's chemistry issues then i can see it happening
Like this! Liked

evvracerfan
TRN Sixth Man
TRN Sixth Man
Posts: 194
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:24 pm
x 251

Re: Our class

Post by evvracerfan » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:16 am

Handicap wrote:
bentonracer wrote:We still have one scholarship to give which will probably be used on a big guy. We typically have one or two guys to transfer after the season so more scholarship spots may open up. I always know that Matt likes to get one transfer every year sitting out to learn our system.

I do like our future with our core players.
Yeah hopefully that doesn't happen this time around and everyone stays, but i guess if there's chemistry issues then i can see it happening
The issue on transfers is rarely "chemistry" - it's playing time. Most kids these days want to play big minutes as a freshman and a lot of them get frustrated and transfer when that doesn't happen.
Like this! Liked

User avatar
75Fan
TRN Legend
TRN Legend
Posts: 7342
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:39 am
x 1267

Re: Our class

Post by 75Fan » Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:46 am

I'd rather play 8-10 minutes on a winning team.
Like this! Liked


6 ETHICS OF LIFE

1. BEFORE YOU PRAY..........BELIEVE.
2. BEFORE YOU SPEAK.......LISTEN.
3. BEFORE YOU SPEND......EARN.
4. BEFORE YOU WRITE.......THINK.
5. BEFORE YOU QUIT...........TRY.
6. BEFORE YOU DIE.............LIVE.


User avatar
smidge34
TRN Legend
TRN Legend
Posts: 9955
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:52 am
Location: Follow me on Twitter: @Smidge342003
x 2956

Re: Our class

Post by smidge34 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:51 am

It's nice thinking like a 40+ year old instead of a teen.
Like this! Liked

User avatar
smidge34
TRN Legend
TRN Legend
Posts: 9955
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:52 am
Location: Follow me on Twitter: @Smidge342003
x 2956

Re: Our class

Post by smidge34 » Mon May 15, 2017 5:47 pm

I'm just gonna leave this here now for you to judge what we have coming up in here plus our returners.

Image

Image

Image
Like this! Liked

ThaiRacer96
TRN All-American
TRN All-American
Posts: 3929
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:23 am
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
x 123
Contact:

Re: Our class

Post by ThaiRacer96 » Tue May 16, 2017 12:12 am

I add some following Smidge's post.

Temetrius ‘Ja’ Morant:
#230 in nation http://www.phenomhoopreport.com/2017nationalrankings
#4 in SC http://www.hoopseen.com/rankings/state/ ... olina/2017
#3 in SC http://www.phenomhoopreport.com/2017sou ... narankings

Tevin Brown:
#7 in AL http://www.hoopseen.com/rankings/state/alabama/2017
#6 in AL http://247sports.com/Season/2017-Basket ... l&State=AL

Devin Gilmore:
#7 in MS http://www.hoopseen.com/rankings/state/mississippi/2017

Brion Whitley:
#30 in FL http://www.hoopseen.com/rankings/state/florida/2017
#41 in FL http://247sports.com/Season/2017-Basket ... l&State=FL

Leroy Buchanan:
#66 in nation http://www.jucorecruiting.com/2017jucotop100
#39 in nation http://247sports.com/Season/2017-Basket ... iorCollege

Class Ranking
#1 in OVC http://247sports.com/Season/2017-Basket ... erence=OVC
#85 in National Ranking http://247sports.com/Season/2017-Basket ... amRankings

With adding Brion and Devin, our score will be improved
2017-ClassRank247.jpg
and ranked up to around #79 in National Ranking
2017-ClassRank247up.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Like this! Liked
Follow my Twitter: @ThaiRacer96

popeyejonesfan
TRN POY
TRN POY
Posts: 1030
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:29 pm
x 296

Re: Our class

Post by popeyejonesfan » Tue May 16, 2017 12:48 am

Thanks smidge and thai for the info.
Like this! Liked

popeyejonesfan
TRN POY
TRN POY
Posts: 1030
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:29 pm
x 296

Re: Our class

Post by popeyejonesfan » Tue May 16, 2017 12:57 am

Looking down the list of top OVC recruiting classes, it looks like Morehead signed a couple of highly rated recruits.
Like this! Liked

popeyejonesfan
TRN POY
TRN POY
Posts: 1030
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:29 pm
x 296

Re: Our class

Post by popeyejonesfan » Tue May 16, 2017 1:28 am

247sports.com player ratings for our recruiting class. I couldn't find Anthony Smith on their site. Morant is rated well below Brown, Buchanan and Whitley. Someone botched his rating big time.

Leroy BuchananSF (6-5/-)0.8800 (+18.00)
Tevin BrownSF (6-6/175)0.8792 (+14.35)
Brion WhitleySG (6-4/170)0.8083 (+4.45)
Temetrius MorantCG (6-2/160)0.7000 (+0.00)
Devin GilmoreSF (6-6/185)0.7000 (+0.00
Like this! Liked

User avatar
smidge34
TRN Legend
TRN Legend
Posts: 9955
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:52 am
Location: Follow me on Twitter: @Smidge342003
x 2956

Re: Our class

Post by smidge34 » Tue May 16, 2017 7:17 am

Like this! Liked

wkeown
TRN Starting Lineup
TRN Starting Lineup
Posts: 272
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:36 pm
x 237

Re: Our class

Post by wkeown » Tue May 16, 2017 8:04 am

ThaiRacer96 wrote:
Tue May 16, 2017 12:12 am
I add some following Smidge's post.

Temetrius ‘Ja’ Morant:
#230 in nation http://www.phenomhoopreport.com/2017nationalrankings
#4 in SC http://www.hoopseen.com/rankings/state/ ... olina/2017
#3 in SC http://www.phenomhoopreport.com/2017sou ... narankings

Tevin Brown:
#7 in AL http://www.hoopseen.com/rankings/state/alabama/2017
#6 in AL http://247sports.com/Season/2017-Basket ... l&State=AL

Devin Gilmore:
#7 in MS http://www.hoopseen.com/rankings/state/mississippi/2017

Brion Whitley:
#30 in FL http://www.hoopseen.com/rankings/state/florida/2017
#41 in FL http://247sports.com/Season/2017-Basket ... l&State=FL

Leroy Buchanan:
#66 in nation http://www.jucorecruiting.com/2017jucotop100
#39 in nation http://247sports.com/Season/2017-Basket ... iorCollege

Class Ranking
#1 in OVC http://247sports.com/Season/2017-Basket ... erence=OVC
#85 in National Ranking http://247sports.com/Season/2017-Basket ... amRankings

With adding Brion and Devin, our score will be improved
2017-ClassRank247.jpg
and ranked up to around #79 in National Ranking
2017-ClassRank247up.jpg
That 247 Sports Ranking is quite interesting. Some thoughts:

- 2 OVC schools (Murray and Morehead) and two MVC (Missouri State and Loyola) school in the top 100
- Western KY at 11???? Wow...that should set off some red flags
- It is ponderous to me that UK gets ALL these 5 star recruits. Whatever Calipari is selling to these recruits, no one coach in the country has the guts (or audacity) to sell the same type of "juice". Don't get me started about his ethics. No one in the state seems to listen... but eventually it will catch up with him (and UK) like it always has.
- I don't know why we aren't looking harder at C-USA. They have four teams in the top 100 and one on the cusp. Seems like it is headed in the right direction B-Ball wise.
- The MAC conference sucks...and why??
- The coaches in the SEC, top to bottom, are insanely good at recruiting
Like this! Liked

wkeown
TRN Starting Lineup
TRN Starting Lineup
Posts: 272
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:36 pm
x 237

Re: Our class

Post by wkeown » Tue May 16, 2017 8:06 am

popeyejonesfan wrote:
Tue May 16, 2017 1:28 am
247sports.com player ratings for our recruiting class. I couldn't find Anthony Smith on their site. Morant is rated well below Brown, Buchanan and Whitley. Someone botched his rating big time.

Leroy BuchananSF (6-5/-)0.8800 (+18.00)
Tevin BrownSF (6-6/175)0.8792 (+14.35)
Brion WhitleySG (6-4/170)0.8083 (+4.45)
Temetrius MorantCG (6-2/160)0.7000 (+0.00)
Devin GilmoreSF (6-6/185)0.7000 (+0.00
I know they are just highlights, but I may be more excited about Gilmore than any of the others. Looks like he could be an Ed Daniels type of player, but with a softer touch. When I hear "good defensive player", I get all excited.
Like this! Liked

User avatar
JoeD
TRN Legend
TRN Legend
Posts: 7405
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:07 pm
x 741

Re: Our class

Post by JoeD » Tue May 16, 2017 8:36 am

wkeown wrote:
Tue May 16, 2017 8:04 am
ThaiRacer96 wrote:
Tue May 16, 2017 12:12 am
I add some following Smidge's post.

Temetrius ‘Ja’ Morant:
#230 in nation http://www.phenomhoopreport.com/2017nationalrankings
#4 in SC http://www.hoopseen.com/rankings/state/ ... olina/2017
#3 in SC http://www.phenomhoopreport.com/2017sou ... narankings

Tevin Brown:
#7 in AL http://www.hoopseen.com/rankings/state/alabama/2017
#6 in AL http://247sports.com/Season/2017-Basket ... l&State=AL

Devin Gilmore:
#7 in MS http://www.hoopseen.com/rankings/state/mississippi/2017

Brion Whitley:
#30 in FL http://www.hoopseen.com/rankings/state/florida/2017
#41 in FL http://247sports.com/Season/2017-Basket ... l&State=FL

Leroy Buchanan:
#66 in nation http://www.jucorecruiting.com/2017jucotop100
#39 in nation http://247sports.com/Season/2017-Basket ... iorCollege

Class Ranking
#1 in OVC http://247sports.com/Season/2017-Basket ... erence=OVC
#85 in National Ranking http://247sports.com/Season/2017-Basket ... amRankings

With adding Brion and Devin, our score will be improved
2017-ClassRank247.jpg
and ranked up to around #79 in National Ranking
2017-ClassRank247up.jpg
That 247 Sports Ranking is quite interesting. Some thoughts:

- 2 OVC schools (Murray and Morehead) and two MVC (Missouri State and Loyola) school in the top 100
- Western KY at 11???? Wow...that should set off some red flags
- It is ponderous to me that UK gets ALL these 5 star recruits. Whatever Calipari is selling to these recruits, no one coach in the country has the guts (or audacity) to sell the same type of "juice". Don't get me started about his ethics. No one in the state seems to listen... but eventually it will catch up with him (and UK) like it always has.
- I don't know why we aren't looking harder at C-USA. They have four teams in the top 100 and one on the cusp. Seems like it is headed in the right direction B-Ball wise.
- The MAC conference sucks...and why??
- The coaches in the SEC, top to bottom, are insanely good at recruiting
CUSA is about to blow up (in a bad way). Travel costs are too high, the basketball is too weak, and they all want to be "big boy football players", though in reality they just get to be little brother version 2.0

No clue why the MAC is as bad as it is.
Like this! Liked
Im old enough to remember when being "politically correct" was understood to mean "not being a complete, racist, xenophobic a-hole". Good times...

User avatar
75Fan
TRN Legend
TRN Legend
Posts: 7342
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:39 am
x 1267

Re: Our class

Post by 75Fan » Tue May 16, 2017 9:54 am

I believe I read somewhere that C-USA's football television money is drying up.

If so, it's going to start an avalanche of changes IMO.
Like this! Liked


6 ETHICS OF LIFE

1. BEFORE YOU PRAY..........BELIEVE.
2. BEFORE YOU SPEAK.......LISTEN.
3. BEFORE YOU SPEND......EARN.
4. BEFORE YOU WRITE.......THINK.
5. BEFORE YOU QUIT...........TRY.
6. BEFORE YOU DIE.............LIVE.


User avatar
JoeD
TRN Legend
TRN Legend
Posts: 7405
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:07 pm
x 741

Re: Our class

Post by JoeD » Tue May 16, 2017 10:49 am

Like this! Liked
Im old enough to remember when being "politically correct" was understood to mean "not being a complete, racist, xenophobic a-hole". Good times...

wkeown
TRN Starting Lineup
TRN Starting Lineup
Posts: 272
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:36 pm
x 237

Re: Our class

Post by wkeown » Tue May 16, 2017 5:00 pm

JoeD wrote:
Tue May 16, 2017 8:36 am
wkeown wrote:
Tue May 16, 2017 8:04 am
ThaiRacer96 wrote:
Tue May 16, 2017 12:12 am
I add some following Smidge's post.

Temetrius ‘Ja’ Morant:
#230 in nation http://www.phenomhoopreport.com/2017nationalrankings
#4 in SC http://www.hoopseen.com/rankings/state/ ... olina/2017
#3 in SC http://www.phenomhoopreport.com/2017sou ... narankings

Tevin Brown:
#7 in AL http://www.hoopseen.com/rankings/state/alabama/2017
#6 in AL http://247sports.com/Season/2017-Basket ... l&State=AL

Devin Gilmore:
#7 in MS http://www.hoopseen.com/rankings/state/mississippi/2017

Brion Whitley:
#30 in FL http://www.hoopseen.com/rankings/state/florida/2017
#41 in FL http://247sports.com/Season/2017-Basket ... l&State=FL

Leroy Buchanan:
#66 in nation http://www.jucorecruiting.com/2017jucotop100
#39 in nation http://247sports.com/Season/2017-Basket ... iorCollege

Class Ranking
#1 in OVC http://247sports.com/Season/2017-Basket ... erence=OVC
#85 in National Ranking http://247sports.com/Season/2017-Basket ... amRankings

With adding Brion and Devin, our score will be improved
2017-ClassRank247.jpg
and ranked up to around #79 in National Ranking
2017-ClassRank247up.jpg
That 247 Sports Ranking is quite interesting. Some thoughts:

- 2 OVC schools (Murray and Morehead) and two MVC (Missouri State and Loyola) school in the top 100
- Western KY at 11???? Wow...that should set off some red flags
- It is ponderous to me that UK gets ALL these 5 star recruits. Whatever Calipari is selling to these recruits, no one coach in the country has the guts (or audacity) to sell the same type of "juice". Don't get me started about his ethics. No one in the state seems to listen... but eventually it will catch up with him (and UK) like it always has.
- I don't know why we aren't looking harder at C-USA. They have four teams in the top 100 and one on the cusp. Seems like it is headed in the right direction B-Ball wise.
- The MAC conference sucks...and why??
- The coaches in the SEC, top to bottom, are insanely good at recruiting
CUSA is about to blow up (in a bad way). Travel costs are too high, the basketball is too weak, and they all want to be "big boy football players", though in reality they just get to be little brother version 2.0

No clue why the MAC is as bad as it is.
And yes....before anyone else says it...I meant Ed DANIEL
Like this! Liked

Post Reply
Explore Kentucky Lake