Update

This forum is for the discussion of Racer Basketball recruiting.
JoeD
TRN Legend
TRN Legend

Re: Update

Post by JoeD » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:29 pm

Benton, that post right there will get you in the fast lane of a free meal at Hutchens BBQ... :clap:
Like this! Liked
Im old enough to remember when being "politically correct" was understood to mean "not being a complete, racist, xenophobic a-hole". Good times...

bentonracer
TRN Starting Lineup
TRN Starting Lineup

Post by bentonracer » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:49 pm

Jones - PG
Brown - PG
Flomo - PG

Croaker - SG
Seymour - SG

Moss - Wing (3)

Scissum - SF
King - SF
Gilmore - SF

Langston - PF
Henry - PF
Patty - PF

This is how I envision next year's roster. Keep in mind that Green and Pope are still wild cards because their eligibility status is still in question. If we keep one of them that would make 13 scholarship players. Prohm wants another freshman point guard so that is why I have included Brown. (Tobias Howard would be my second pick behind Brown). Prohm wants another freshman big so that is why I listed Scissum. He also said up to 2 possible transfers in which King and Henry fits that bill.

This is my opinion. Any thoughts?
Like this! Liked

bentonracer
TRN Starting Lineup
TRN Starting Lineup

Post by bentonracer » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:49 pm

JoeD wrote:Benton, that post right there will get you in the fast lane of a free meal at Hutchens BBQ... :clap:
Can it be Bad Bob's instead? :clap:
Like this! Liked

popeyejonesfan
TRN POY
TRN POY

Post by popeyejonesfan » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:54 pm

i know pope and green's eligibility is up in the air. but, i thought they both loved the idea of being racers. i figured they at least would be redshirted this year. and, green is pushing scissum to sign with the racers. but, a previous post in this thread makes it seem like one or both might not be with us at all this fall.
Like this! Liked

smidge34
TRN GOAT
TRN GOAT

Post by smidge34 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:57 pm

Of course, I'm sure you realize the transfers would be sitting out. Next season should be low-key on the expectations for us. Look to improve and mold as a team during the OOC, then compete and be in the hunt for a conference championship at season's end, knowing the following year we could be so stacked it's sick. I love it!
Like this! Liked

smidge34
TRN GOAT
TRN GOAT

Post by smidge34 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:58 pm

You can't have two transfers AND two redshirts.
Like this! Liked

cowboyracer43
TRN Legend
TRN Legend

Post by cowboyracer43 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:59 pm

I used to stop in Hutchen's 50 years ago. Two claims to fame. (1) Best BBQ, anywhere. (2) Dirtiest windows, anywhere. I hope nothing has changed.
Like this! Liked
Some people are like slinkies. Good for nothing but they bring a smile to my face when pushed down the stairs. I call them liberals.

smidge34
TRN GOAT
TRN GOAT

Post by smidge34 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:02 pm

The third was a nice little plug in the movie Coal Miner's Daughter, along with WCBL.
Like this! Liked

JoeD
TRN Legend
TRN Legend

Post by JoeD » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:10 pm

Benton, you got it- hawgzilla down payment made... :mrgreen:

Popeye if they aren't eligible, we can't pay their way which means they would have to pay. Some kids just can't do that. Often those kids end up at JUCOs.
Like this! Liked
Im old enough to remember when being "politically correct" was understood to mean "not being a complete, racist, xenophobic a-hole". Good times...

cowboyracer43
TRN Legend
TRN Legend

Post by cowboyracer43 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:31 pm

smidge34 wrote:The third was a nice little plug in the movie Coal Miner's Daughter, along with WCBL.
I was likely the only person in Wyoming who recognized those call letters, Smidge. I told my then spouse that WCBL is 400+ miles west of the movie scene. I did note that the script writer was a Ryckman from somewhere in the Purchase. Clever.
Like this! Liked
Some people are like slinkies. Good for nothing but they bring a smile to my face when pushed down the stairs. I call them liberals.

popeyejonesfan
TRN POY
TRN POY

Post by popeyejonesfan » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:35 pm

makes sense joe d. i'm just confused because i don't know why coach prohm recruited them and signed them in the early signing period when he k new they might not be eligible. it would be different if he knew we could afford to redshirt them. i've heard that pope is the same type of raw talent that jarvis was coming in. i was wanting to see him develop and be a big part of the racers.
Like this! Liked

smidge34
TRN GOAT
TRN GOAT

Post by smidge34 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:39 pm

Two things. One, we thought Cam would be back and two, we kinda knew about Green from the get go and took them as a package deal, but the Pope news is a lot more recent I'm afraid. We gambled expecting him to be eligible.
Like this! Liked

popeyejonesfan
TRN POY
TRN POY

Post by popeyejonesfan » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:30 pm

still feel much better now than when i first heard cam might enter the draft. with jones, patty, croaker and mcghee...i don't know if the racers have had that kind of depth in a recruiting class before. it's impressive. and, i think langston will be solid. moss is a player of the year candidate. and, i just think flomo can be good too. if seymore regains his shooting touch and produces the way he did the first 2/3 of the season. come ovc tourney time the racers will be tough. i just hope we can keep evan bradds out of the paint this year!
Like this! Liked

MarshallRacer
TRN Legend
TRN Legend

Post by MarshallRacer » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:17 pm

cowboyracer43 wrote:I used to stop in Hutchen's 50 years ago. Two claims to fame. (1) Best BBQ, anywhere. (2) Dirtiest windows, anywhere. I hope nothing has changed.
I don't care much for Hutchens honestly. I agree Bad Bob's is better, as is Four Little Pigs. IMO best in the region is Knoth's in Grand Rivers.

We now return to your regularly scheduled recruiting update...
Like this! Liked
Enjoy every day because things change fast - Billy Kennedy October 2011

NKYRacer
TRN MVP
TRN MVP

Post by NKYRacer » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:24 pm

Mark Freeman ‏@mfreemantv 25m25 minutes ago
Got the word. @Gerron_Sci22um making things official on Thursday.
Like this! Liked

cowboyracer43
TRN Legend
TRN Legend

Post by cowboyracer43 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:31 pm

MarshallRacer wrote:
cowboyracer43 wrote:I used to stop in Hutchen's 50 years ago. Two claims to fame. (1) Best BBQ, anywhere. (2) Dirtiest windows, anywhere. I hope nothing has changed.
I don't care much for Hutchens honestly. I agree Bad Bob's is better, as is Four Little Pigs. IMO best in the region is Knoth's in Grand Rivers.

We now return to your regularly scheduled recruiting update...
Did Bad Bob's even exist 50 years ago? Did Four Little Pigs? Did Knoth's? Did MarshallRacer?
Like this! Liked

RockinRacers
TRN MVP
TRN MVP

Post by RockinRacers » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:22 pm

Jordon Varnardo signed with Troy today so we can cross him off our list.
Like this! Liked

smidge34
TRN GOAT
TRN GOAT

Post by smidge34 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:53 pm

Honestly, he wasn't really on our list as far as I can tell. Haven't seen or heard any talk about him except on Worsten board. Undersized I think.
Like this! Liked

MarshallRacer
TRN Legend
TRN Legend

Post by MarshallRacer » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:13 pm

Knoth's may have been Mr. 'Boy, and 4 little pigs was founded by (I believe) Reed Condor, Gerald Chambers, Mike Miller, and one other Marshall County "power player" whose name escapes me sometime in the last 20-30ish years I'd guess. Their pictures are still enshrined on a mural there although the ownership has changed. They started it because Hutchens gave them grief about sitting around talking too long and drinking too many free coffee refills.

Yours truly is 5.5 years shy of being around for half a century.
Like this! Liked
Enjoy every day because things change fast - Billy Kennedy October 2011

smidge34
TRN GOAT
TRN GOAT

Post by smidge34 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:20 am

MarshallRacer wrote:....Yours truly is 5.5 years shy of being around for half a century.
Ok, now I'm really cornfused. I've seen your face around and known you way before message boards and even before I knew you were a Racer fan. I'm talking way back during high school years in the 80s, when I attended Calloway. Maybe I'm cornfused or you have an older brother that's looks like you, but I have always thought you were a couple years older than me Marshall. I had you pegged as class of '84 or '85 ('87 for me) which would have been around the time of Barry Goheen and my cousins, the Butler twins. Guess not, huh? Lol. Class of '88 then? Bob Snow and Dana Peay ring a bell? I bet they remember the Calloway boys of that era lmao!
Like this! Liked

Explore Kentucky Lake