Hardnett

This forum is for the discussion of Racer Basketball recruiting.
The Swede
TRN MVP
TRN MVP

Moline...You confirm what I think

Post by The Swede » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:01 am

When watching Memphis, I am surprised, for instance, at the poor shot selection. Over and over they do the same bad things..If they win its pretty much because of superior talent not great coaching thats for sure..
Saw a TV interview with the Memphis coach (guarenteed spelling error embarassment prevent me from inserting name here)..He proclaimed great joy at doing what he wanted for a living..Well yeah I guess he is!!...lol..Most of us would too I think.
Wonder how he would do with average talent.
Like this! Liked

Future_Racer_Writer
TRN Starting Lineup
TRN Starting Lineup

Re: Hardnett

Post by Future_Racer_Writer » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:17 pm

Probably nothing to be concerned about, but Cal (the school, not the sUcK coach) offered Hardnett today.
Like this! Liked
My most used hashtag on Twitter is #RacerNation

smidge34
TRN GOAT
TRN GOAT

Post by smidge34 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:44 am

I wouldn't be surprised at all if they sign him. I don't think they will, but wouldn't be a jaw dropper.
Like this! Liked

Tick21
TRN All-American
TRN All-American

Post by Tick21 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:12 am

So what are the Racers odds of signing him now? 25%, 10%, or even lower?
Like this! Liked

FijiRacer
TRN POY
TRN POY

Post by FijiRacer » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:40 am

He tweeted about our win streak last night.. But he also tweeted about picking up the Cal offer. I hope I'm wrong but the longer this lingers the less chance we have in my opinion. Cal is really bad this year, will lose their top two players (most likely) and they are probably promising him a lot of playing time. We on the other hand are promising him a backup spot behind an nba talent.
Like this! Liked

75Fan
TRN Legend
TRN Legend

Post by 75Fan » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:43 am

We're also offering him a quality education, a safe community and the best fans in the whole country!!!

#WeLoveOurRacersInMurrayKentucky
Like this! Liked

6 ETHICS OF LIFE

1. BEFORE YOU PRAY..........BELIEVE.
2. BEFORE YOU SPEAK.......LISTEN.
3. BEFORE YOU SPEND......EARN.
4. BEFORE YOU WRITE.......THINK.
5. BEFORE YOU QUIT...........TRY.
6. BEFORE YOU DIE.............LIVE.

smidge34
TRN GOAT
TRN GOAT

Post by smidge34 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:05 pm

Maybe we aren't heavily involved at this point?
Like this! Liked

STLRacer
TRN Starting Lineup
TRN Starting Lineup

Post by STLRacer » Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:12 pm

smidge34 wrote:Maybe we aren't heavily involved at this point?
Bingo! This is what I am thinking personally. While he would be a great player to get, I think that the coaching staff knows that getting 2 more post players is the teams biggest need at this point, and sometimes a big need trumps talent that would be a luxury. Only way I see them still being super involved with him is if they are planning on cutting ties with someone if he decides to commit so that they can still sign two more bigs. What do I know? I am not a coach so this is purely speculation, just my opinion.
Like this! Liked

The Swede
TRN MVP
TRN MVP

Post by The Swede » Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:27 pm

Its gone on so long...Clearly he is not completely satisfied and looking at anything else that comes along. I'd move on...If we aint sold him by now we arnt going to...
My prediction is he will go somewhere else and fade out. Kids like him dont really know what they need and wont recognize it when it slaps them across the face. One of the reasons which make for all those transfers in Division I. They are kids who have been treated as special and suddenly they are not.
He probably wouldnt be happy here second guessing his decision when he finds Division I Basketball is a whole new world. He isnt going to be anything special anymore and there are guys better than him and guys trying to replace him. Thats the way it is.
Now he aint going to be happy anywhere else either but at least he wont be our problem.
Hope Im wrong but he seems to be following a familiar pattern of select 18 year olds who clearly are special.
Like this! Liked

smidge34
TRN GOAT
TRN GOAT

Post by smidge34 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:00 pm

I seen the kid play and he's badass and that's not just this man's opinion. He's short and that hurts him, but he has the skills. He wants to go to the best program he can and I don't fault him. I'd love to have him to back Cam for a year personally, but if you look at reality, we need 3 bigs.
Like this! Liked

FijiRacer
TRN POY
TRN POY

Post by FijiRacer » Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:46 pm

The Swede wrote:Its gone on so long...Clearly he is not completely satisfied and looking at anything else that comes along. I'd move on...If we aint sold him by now we arnt going to...
My prediction is he will go somewhere else and fade out. Kids like him dont really know what they need and wont recognize it when it slaps them across the face. One of the reasons which make for all those transfers in Division I. They are kids who have been treated as special and suddenly they are not.
He probably wouldnt be happy here second guessing his decision when he finds Division I Basketball is a whole new world. He isnt going to be anything special anymore and there are guys better than him and guys trying to replace him. Thats the way it is.
Now he aint going to be happy anywhere else either but at least he wont be our problem.
Hope Im wrong but he seems to be following a familiar pattern of select 18 year olds who clearly are special.
Man -- Pretty scornful review there.
Like this! Liked

jhughes42071
TRN Starting Lineup
TRN Starting Lineup

Post by jhughes42071 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:50 pm

I bet if he's reading this thread he REALLY wants to come here now.
Like this! Liked

racerpower
TRN All-American
TRN All-American

Post by racerpower » Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:18 pm

Who give's a rat's ass if he reads here or not.If he is to big for Murray st. the best thing he can do is move on.
Like this! Liked

Future_Racer_Writer
TRN Starting Lineup
TRN Starting Lineup

Post by Future_Racer_Writer » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:30 pm

STLRacer wrote:Only way I see them still being super involved with him is if they are planning on cutting ties with someone if he decides to commit so that they can still sign two more bigs. What do I know? I am not a coach so this is purely speculation, just my opinion.
Anybody think there's a chance Kedrick Flomo transfers if we were to pick up Hardnett?
Like this! Liked
My most used hashtag on Twitter is #RacerNation

racerpower
TRN All-American
TRN All-American

Post by racerpower » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:48 pm

nope
Like this! Liked

FijiRacer
TRN POY
TRN POY

Post by FijiRacer » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:58 am

Future_Racer_Writer wrote:
STLRacer wrote:Only way I see them still being super involved with him is if they are planning on cutting ties with someone if he decides to commit so that they can still sign two more bigs. What do I know? I am not a coach so this is purely speculation, just my opinion.
Anybody think there's a chance Kedrick Flomo transfers if we were to pick up Hardnett?
I think the situation is similar to what someone else said above. We may have realized we have more pressing needs and rather than devote our attention 100% to Hardnett we've moved on a bit. I'm sure we're still pushing for him and he's just considering his options. We would all do the same.
Like this! Liked

runningracer
TRN All-American
TRN All-American

Post by runningracer » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:40 am

I believe in the end, if we are interested, Hardnett will be here. When you look at the coaching positions at Memphis, California, and Murray State, there is quite a difference. One more year like this and the Memphis coach will be gone. He knows that and so he will promise the moon. However, it is well known that he is not popular and doesn't develop players. The coach at California barely escaped firing by a miracle run in the NCAA. He demands defense, but has never ran a very good offense. He is at Cal, because he knows they will accept mediocrity. The best offense of the three is by Coach Prohm, who gives players freedom, but talks to them in an effort to correct mistakes, and treats them like sons. He also demands defense, but gives freedom to turn defense into offense, making the game fun. If Hardnett comes, I believe he will play in front of a lot of scouts next year, and move into the starting role when Cam goes pro. Coach would like to give Cam more rest. If he is as good as advertised, he won't worry about who is here, he will win out.
Like this! Liked

75Fan
TRN Legend
TRN Legend

Post by 75Fan » Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:30 pm

Well said runningracer.
Like this! Liked

6 ETHICS OF LIFE

1. BEFORE YOU PRAY..........BELIEVE.
2. BEFORE YOU SPEAK.......LISTEN.
3. BEFORE YOU SPEND......EARN.
4. BEFORE YOU WRITE.......THINK.
5. BEFORE YOU QUIT...........TRY.
6. BEFORE YOU DIE.............LIVE.

cowboyracer43
TRN Legend
TRN Legend

Post by cowboyracer43 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:27 pm

FijiRacer wrote: . . . I think the situation is similar to what someone else said above. We may have realized we have more pressing needs and rather than devote our attention 100% to Hardnett we've moved on a bit. I'm sure we're still pushing for him and he's just considering his options. We would all do the same.
"Pressing Needs?" It would be "nice" to secure a "big" on the order of Jarvis. And/or a project in whom we can see results in 2 or 3 years. We do NOT need a Portland-type big. If worst comes to worse, we can win a lot of games with 4 or 5 guards. I feel badly that Eric McCree did not wait, or, in the alternative, that CSP did not give him the confidence or time to develop like Cam. By the same token, I don't know if McCree could ever have blended with our current bunch of fast small ballers. Thursday night saw me watching Jarvis on every race downcourt. He was running his heart out -- gasping but keeping up with his teammates. There are few bigs who can play with that much energy and success. COACH expects a lot out of a big, and justly so. I really liked ZayH and had high hopes. Murray needs to run. It should not need an extra 10 or 15 seconds to set up o or d -- ala Syracuse. COACH would have a nervous breakdown trying to coach a Syracuse lookalike. It looks to me like we have some nice big kids on tap. I would much prefer another top-level guard to a not so special big. jmho
Like this! Liked
Some people are like slinkies. Good for nothing but they bring a smile to my face when pushed down the stairs. I call them liberals.

MarshallRacer
TRN Legend
TRN Legend

Post by MarshallRacer » Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:02 pm

I have to disagree runningracer, Cuonzo Martin is a hell of a coach. He was done wrong by UT and will have Cal turned around sooner rather than later.
Like this! Liked
Enjoy every day because things change fast - Billy Kennedy October 2011

Explore Kentucky Lake