Attention: The message board will be migrating to a new server soon and your saved login information will not work. Please make sure that you know your password and have access to the email address associated with the account so you can reset the password if needed.

Hardnett

This forum is for the discussion of Racer Basketball recruiting.
racerpower
TRN All-American
TRN All-American

Re: Hardnett

Post by racerpower » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:45 pm

What happen to the 4 in 5 chance we sign him.
Like this! Liked

racerpower
TRN All-American
TRN All-American

Post by racerpower » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:51 pm

I will take another 6-1 or 6-2 cam.
Like this! Liked

smidge34
TRN GOAT
TRN GOAT

Post by smidge34 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:13 pm

racerpower wrote:What happen to the 4 in 5 chance we sign him.
Good question. IF we want to. That was then, this is now and stuff changes.
Last edited by smidge34 on Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Like this! Liked

JoeD
TRN Legend
TRN Legend

Post by JoeD » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:24 pm

I think a couple weeks ago we get him. the longer this goes, the more I think it will be Gtown or KState and we go after bigs.

That said, if it were to happen, our coaches know what they are doing.
Like this! Liked
Im old enough to remember when being "politically correct" was understood to mean "not being a complete, racist, xenophobic a-hole". Good times...

basher
TRN POY
TRN POY

Post by basher » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:10 pm

@jahshirehardnet: MurrayState19
KansasState19
Seems like it was narrowed to KSU & MSU, but just saw where Memphis offered today.
Like this! Liked

smidge34
TRN GOAT
TRN GOAT

Post by smidge34 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:06 pm

If anybody needs a PG it's CJP, lol. After recruiting Cam out of his back yard, I bet he's offering every PG we do! :lol:
Like this! Liked

msuowns
TRN Legend
TRN Legend

Post by msuowns » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:12 pm

smidge34 wrote:If anybody needs a PG it's CJP, lol. After recruiting Cam out of his back yard, I bet he's offering every PG we do! :lol:
my thoughts exactly. Pastner will be in the pasture, soon.
Like this! Liked
"Home, home again I like to be here when I can. When I come home cold and tired, it's good to warm my bones by the fire".

cowboyracer43
TRN Legend
TRN Legend

Post by cowboyracer43 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:14 pm

basher wrote:
@jahshirehardnet: MurrayState19
KansasState19
Seems like it was narrowed to KSU & MSU, but just saw where Memphis offered today.
I read yesterday that there is "no way" Murray should ever sign any kid that Memphis wants. Is it possible that Hardnett is the '15 edition of Canaan, Cam Payne? No way? Way? Is Hardnett good enough to step into Isaiah's or Cam's shoes? Is he good enough to play for Memphis? Is Memphis good enough for Isaiah? Cam? Hardnett? More important: Has COACH ever won fewer than 20 games in any season? Something for Jashire to think about.
Like this! Liked
Some people are like slinkies. Good for nothing but they bring a smile to my face when pushed down the stairs. I call them liberals.

Racerhawks
TRN MVP
TRN MVP

Post by Racerhawks » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:33 pm

As of right now, not only is our RPI better than either KSU and Memphis, but we are the only team of the three that has a shot at the dance.
Like this! Liked
Murray State Basketball - It's Good to be the King

smidge34
TRN GOAT
TRN GOAT

Post by smidge34 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:08 am

I spend a lot of time scouring recruiting Twitter feeds and recruiting pages and I'll just say there is a lot of assuming that because there is an open "offer" then that is Gospel. Fellas, we have more open offers and interests out there, by far, than available schollies. Think about that logically.

The end of the month has come and gone and yet still no announcement. Now another program is all of a sudden and out of nowhere in the mix and offering at the 23rd hour and change. Think about that logically.

Which is it we are in need of more next season, 1s and 2s or 3s, 4s/5s? Programs routinely over offer and unless I'm bad off here, our available schollie pool is limited for next season already. Think about logically.

I'm just speculating here and my mouth is watering at the prospect of 2-3 of these bigs we are after, particularly these last couple Thai listed in 2015 - the kid from Vincennes AJ Patty and the John A Logan kid, along with long time recruit Justin Leon -- holds Ole Miss offer -- and another JC stud muffin or five we are all over like a cheap suit. Just consider all that logically.
Like this! Liked

javelinboy69
TRN Starting Lineup
TRN Starting Lineup

Post by javelinboy69 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:53 am

As to the recruiting process, and the personnel involved in that task, who, besides coach, searches for potential recruits? To whom does coach delegate the overall responsibility (if he indeed, does) to coordinate visits to recruits?
Like this! Liked

jhughes42071
TRN Starting Lineup
TRN Starting Lineup

Post by jhughes42071 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:29 am

smidge34 wrote:....Think about that logically....Think about that logically...Think about logically...Just consider all that logically.
So I'm guessing you want us to use logic here?
Like this! Liked

smidge34
TRN GOAT
TRN GOAT

Post by smidge34 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:16 am

Close
Like this! Liked

JoeD
TRN Legend
TRN Legend

Post by JoeD » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:34 am

Being totally illogical here but

Something about this doesn't seem right. Something hinky going on, and I'm getting the "move on" feeling... Totally illogical, but there nonetheless.
Like this! Liked
Im old enough to remember when being "politically correct" was understood to mean "not being a complete, racist, xenophobic a-hole". Good times...

FijiRacer
TRN POY
TRN POY

Post by FijiRacer » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:59 am

JoeD wrote:Being totally illogical here but

Something about this doesn't seem right. Something hinky going on, and I'm getting the "move on" feeling... Totally illogical, but there nonetheless.
Alright Dr. Spock...
Like this! Liked

smidge34
TRN GOAT
TRN GOAT

Post by smidge34 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:41 pm

JoeD wrote:Being totally illogical here but

You are a smart man Joe. Best to go with your gut I think.
Like this! Liked

runningracer
TRN All-American
TRN All-American

Post by runningracer » Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:10 pm

Just like a big 12, or SEC school will offer at the last minute and make a recruit think they suddenly believe he is the best thing since sliced bread, recruits also use schools to wait for a school that they dream of, or think will give them greater exposure. They try to keep another school waiting, declaring that they just haven't made up their mind, when what they are doing is waiting for that last minute offer. Meanwhile, the big 12 or SEC school takes these kids at the last minute, knowing that they will throw them aside, just as soon as the next "superstar" player is recruited.
If a school has just started seriously recruiting a player, what does it take to prove to him that they are just using him to fill the roster until something else comes along. Take for instance Dickerson, who decided he would go to juco, work hard to graduate in one year, go to Iowa, and waste a year sitting on the bench and seeing virtually no playing time. He now has spent two years of eligibility, and only played a few minutes of D-1 basketball. Next year doesn't look promising either. At the end of their careers, I would bet that a lot of players who have talent, but never got the chance to show it, wish that they had signed with a school that was actually interested in playing them, rather than signing with a school who thought they were good material to sign at the last minute to fill their roster.
Murray can be a great position for a big man with skill to step right in and play with a future NBA point guard, one or two all conference players, and a winning program. I don't know who the coaches are after, but it is going to be a great opportunity for somebody or maybe a a couple of somebodies.
Like this! Liked

smidge34
TRN GOAT
TRN GOAT

Post by smidge34 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:00 pm

Pastner is now on another PG we were recruiting, Tobias Howard, lol. I'm telling you, he's looking at who CSP is recruiting. Lmao.
Like this! Liked

basher
TRN POY
TRN POY

Post by basher » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:13 am

Imitation and flattery...
Like this! Liked

MolineRacer
TRN POY
TRN POY

Post by MolineRacer » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:27 am

It isn't the recruiting that is Pastner's problem. What he needs to be looking at is how CSP and staff develop their players. No one and I mean NO ONE gets better at Memphis. Serious. Watch them and year after year they sign good talent but they rarely develop beyond what they were coming out of high school. Our staff turns good players into great players.
Like this! Liked
section 109 STAND UP!

Explore Kentucky Lake