If you are trying to register an account please use a valid email address. You may need to check your Junk/Spam/Social folder for the activation email.

Hardnett

This forum is for the discussion of Racer Basketball recruiting.
runningracer
TRN All-American
TRN All-American

Re: Hardnett

Post by runningracer » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:33 pm

He left Tennessee because he saw the handwriting on the wall and knew the demands of the fans for a contender each year. California is less demanding and more forgiving. A better situation for him than Tennessee. I never said he couldn't coach. I agree that he is a great defensive coach. But don't start comparing the offense he runs to Prohm's. The difference is like night and day.
Like this! Liked

FijiRacer
TRN POY
TRN POY

Post by FijiRacer » Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:07 am

cowboyracer43 wrote:
FijiRacer wrote: . . . I think the situation is similar to what someone else said above. We may have realized we have more pressing needs and rather than devote our attention 100% to Hardnett we've moved on a bit. I'm sure we're still pushing for him and he's just considering his options. We would all do the same.
"Pressing Needs?" It would be "nice" to secure a "big" on the order of Jarvis. And/or a project in whom we can see results in 2 or 3 years. We do NOT need a Portland-type big. If worst comes to worse, we can win a lot of games with 4 or 5 guards. I feel badly that Eric McCree did not wait, or, in the alternative, that CSP did not give him the confidence or time to develop like Cam. By the same token, I don't know if McCree could ever have blended with our current bunch of fast small ballers. Thursday night saw me watching Jarvis on every race downcourt. He was running his heart out -- gasping but keeping up with his teammates. There are few bigs who can play with that much energy and success. COACH expects a lot out of a big, and justly so. I really liked ZayH and had high hopes. Murray needs to run. It should not need an extra 10 or 15 seconds to set up o or d -- ala Syracuse. COACH would have a nervous breakdown trying to coach a Syracuse lookalike. It looks to me like we have some nice big kids on tap. I would much prefer another top-level guard to a not so special big. jmho
Cowboy we absolutely need at least one more big for next season. Absolutely. Must have. Unless you see something I don't in Gilmore.
Like this! Liked

cowboyracer43
TRN Legend
TRN Legend

Post by cowboyracer43 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:24 am

FijiRacer wrote: . . . Cowboy we absolutely need at least one more big for next season. Absolutely. Must have. Unless you see something I don't in Gilmore.
Well, Fiji. The world is full of bigs who would love to have a free education at a top flight basketball school like Murray. There was a kid from Benton last year that we could not use. There are D2 and NAIA programs with bigs sitting the bench. Shall we too?

We have commitments from bigs who want to play for COACH. They are not only big, but they are players who may give us 2 or 3 years of time and talent. 2 teammates, in fact have committed. I do not know if there are any JUCO AA types who have not been scouted. Several years ago we signed the #1 rated JUCO big man who, after JUCO, redshirted one year and sat another before helping us on the court. Interestingly, he played JUCO ball at Murray State, in Oklahoma. MOST bigs are long range projects who tend to have less than Racer speed. It is possible that Gilmore is stronger (and a step faster) than he was 2 years ago. I haven't a clue. I am told that he spends summers in Murray, works hard on his game and wants to play -- speaking of Gilmore. Even the best of the bigs have no business on the court as Freshman. Few 18 year old kids have the strength of a 5th year senior. If you know of any, I am confident that COACH will check him out.

COACH and his staff are looking, I am sure. BPA (best player available) is "who we need." Sometimes BPA is a guard. Sorry.
Like this! Liked
Some people are like slinkies. Good for nothing but they bring a smile to my face when pushed down the stairs. I call them liberals.

bentonracer
TRN Starting Lineup
TRN Starting Lineup

Post by bentonracer » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:06 pm

Like this! Liked

smidge34
TRN GOAT
TRN GOAT

Post by smidge34 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:12 pm

I don't believe we are active in this guys. Don't know how else to put it....
Like this! Liked

racerpower
TRN All-American
TRN All-American

Post by racerpower » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:34 pm

We don't need to be active in this guy.
Like this! Liked

smidge34
TRN GOAT
TRN GOAT

Post by smidge34 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:37 pm

I'm just saying I'm not getting the feeling we are really on him, going by Twitter chatter about where our coaches have been spotted, tweets from the kids themselves and vibe. As far as Jahshire's abilities, the kid is a badass on the court. I just watched his latest mix video and it's just plain sick. I know nothing else about him personally.
Like this! Liked

JoeD
TRN Legend
TRN Legend

Post by JoeD » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:33 pm

something has our guys spooked
Like this! Liked
Im old enough to remember when being "politically correct" was understood to mean "not being a complete, racist, xenophobic a-hole". Good times...

cowboyracer43
TRN Legend
TRN Legend

Post by cowboyracer43 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:39 pm

Like Sgt Schultz, "I know nothing." With that disclaimer, his Sun-Herald statement translates to"Racers, Racers, Racers."
Like this! Liked
Some people are like slinkies. Good for nothing but they bring a smile to my face when pushed down the stairs. I call them liberals.

smidge34
TRN GOAT
TRN GOAT

Post by smidge34 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:42 pm

JoeD wrote:something has our guys spooked
I'm feeling that too, with the whole vibe thing and I promise you, it isn't just our guys. Like I said, just a vibe I'm feeling and obviously you are too man. You have to wonder about the whole ACD academic thing? Could be anything or nothing at all.
Like this! Liked

smidge34
TRN GOAT
TRN GOAT

Post by smidge34 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:38 am

https://twitter.com/nextuprecruits/stat ... 7921817600

Well, I guess we know why K-State didn't make the old cut at the end of January.
Like this! Liked

adarnall
TRN Recruit
TRN Recruit

Post by adarnall » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:29 pm

Making announcement May 7
Like this! Liked

smidge34
TRN GOAT
TRN GOAT