OVC Tournament tickets

This forum is for the discussion of the men's basketball team.
Sycamorefan96
TRN Sixth Man
TRN Sixth Man

OVC Tournament tickets

Post by Sycamorefan96 »

Is anyone hearing any inside info on if fans are going to be allowed? I know that they are going to allow 2500 fans (25% capacity) for the Indiana State / Evansville game in the Ford Center tomorrow.
Like this! Liked
Fan of Indiana State and Eastern Illinois.
jcruse64
TRN Benchwarmer
TRN Benchwarmer

Re: OVC Tournament tickets

Post by jcruse64 »

For what it's worth, they were announcing tourney ticket sales through the sales office until the 17th, at last night's game. I would not place bets on anything at this point. I was trying to remember if I bought them with my season ticket package...
Like this! Liked
ERacerHead
TRN MVP
TRN MVP

Post by ERacerHead »

We got a call about them on Friday. Decided to defer them to next year since we aren't interested in staying in Evansville during the pandemic. It just won't be as much fun. But yes, tickets are available for Racer fans. It's up to the team to be playing there.
Like this! Liked
msugrad1988
TRN Signee
TRN Signee

Post by msugrad1988 »

jcruse64 wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:28 pm For what it's worth, they were announcing tourney ticket sales through the sales office until the 17th, at last night's game. I would not place bets on anything at this point. I was trying to remember if I bought them with my season ticket package...
I just called and ordered my tournament All-Session tickets. Amy indicated that they would be available for purchase through the MSU ticket office until the end of day today. That seems to match what they said at the game.
Like this! Liked
Sycamorefan96
TRN Sixth Man
TRN Sixth Man

Post by Sycamorefan96 »

I'm going to do my best to try to get Semi final and Championship day tickets. I live up in Terre Haute so it's an easy drive. MVC tickets are impossible to get since the city of St Louis has such strict rules on attendance (1400 max). As crazy as it might sound, I actually like going to the OVC tournament better anyways. Besides it being closer to where I live, the city of St Louis is a dump and you don't feel like you might get mugged when you're walking to the arena in Evansville. I haven't heard anything yet about the OVC tournament restrictions or ticket availability, but I would think if the 25% capacity (2500 max) thing happens, like they're doing for the UE games now, there should be plenty of seats available.
Like this! Liked
mojoliet
TRN Benchwarmer
TRN Benchwarmer

Post by mojoliet »

Sycamorefan96 wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:43 pm I'm going to do my best to try to get Semi final and Championship day tickets. I live up in Terre Haute so it's an easy drive. MVC tickets are impossible to get since the city of St Louis has such strict rules on attendance (1400 max). As crazy as it might sound, I actually like going to the OVC tournament better anyways. Besides it being closer to where I live, the city of St Louis is a dump and you don't feel like you might get mugged when you're walking to the arena in Evansville. I haven't heard anything yet about the OVC tournament restrictions or ticket availability, but I would think if the 25% capacity (2500 max) thing happens, like they're doing for the UE games now, there should be plenty of seats available.
I got a 5-paragraph email from my ISU that Arch Madness tickets were available, but never explained how. One week later, they’ve yet to show up on our ticket site. Really frustrating how secretive some of these schools are handling tickets.
Like this! Liked
Redbird fan who's wished Racers to Missouri Valley for a long time. :clap:
Sycamorefan96
TRN Sixth Man
TRN Sixth Man

Post by Sycamorefan96 »

mojoliet wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:30 pm
Sycamorefan96 wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:43 pm I'm going to do my best to try to get Semi final and Championship day tickets. I live up in Terre Haute so it's an easy drive. MVC tickets are impossible to get since the city of St Louis has such strict rules on attendance (1400 max). As crazy as it might sound, I actually like going to the OVC tournament better anyways. Besides it being closer to where I live, the city of St Louis is a dump and you don't feel like you might get mugged when you're walking to the arena in Evansville. I haven't heard anything yet about the OVC tournament restrictions or ticket availability, but I would think if the 25% capacity (2500 max) thing happens, like they're doing for the UE games now, there should be plenty of seats available.
I got a 5-paragraph email from my ISU that Arch Madness tickets were available, but never explained how. One week later, they’ve yet to show up on our ticket site. Really frustrating how secretive some of these schools are handling tickets.
At Indiana State you have to call the ticket office and request them. Apparently they are being rewarded based on varsity club points, which are points based on if you've bought season tickets and you can get additional points if you donate to the athletic department. I was told by a poster on our board that we only have around 100 available, which if you think about it each school is probably only getting 140 tickets since the capacity is 1400. If I were you I would try calling your ticket office if you really want to go. I haven't even attempted because I figured my chances are very slim of getting any since I'm not a season ticket holder. I heard that you also have to buy at least 2 tickets. Besides that it probably costs more to go than I'm willing to pay. I usually only pay $20 at the most for a session and just go sit wherever I want, since the crowds are usually not that good anymore. Or if I bring someone we buy that Purina dog chow thing where you get 4 tickets, a couple of popcorns and drinks for $75. Most years I think OVC all-session tickets are around $80 which I'd be willing to pay. If I remember right I think MVC is somewhere around $150 if you buy through the school.
Like this! Liked
msugrad1988
TRN Signee
TRN Signee

Post by msugrad1988 »

For what its worth, for OVC tournament tickets, they are charging $60 per All-Session ticket through the MSU ticket office. I looked at last years ticket and it had $50 printed on it but there could have been additional charges.
Like this! Liked
jhughes42071
TRN Starting Lineup
TRN Starting Lineup

Post by jhughes42071 »

Pretty sure it's been $60 for a while.
Like this! Liked
racer60
TRN Recruit
TRN Recruit

Post by racer60 »

MSU ticket office told me I could pick mine up at Will Call in Evansville beginning March 2
Like this! Liked
Sycamorefan96
TRN Sixth Man
TRN Sixth Man

Post by Sycamorefan96 »

msugrad1988 wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:09 am For what its worth, for OVC tournament tickets, they are charging $60 per All-Session ticket through the MSU ticket office. I looked at last years ticket and it had $50 printed on it but there could have been additional charges.
I was thinking they were $80 after February and $60 if you bought them early, but I'm probably wrong on that. The audio system at Lantz Arena isn't very good and it's been a year at least since I heard that announcement. I've only ever gone to the semifinals all 3 years they've had it in Evansville and just bought tickets at the window for that session.
Like this! Liked
msugrad1988
TRN Signee
TRN Signee

Post by msugrad1988 »

Sycamorefan96 wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:31 am
msugrad1988 wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:09 am For what its worth, for OVC tournament tickets, they are charging $60 per All-Session ticket through the MSU ticket office. I looked at last years ticket and it had $50 printed on it but there could have been additional charges.
I was thinking they were $80 after February and $60 if you bought them early, but I'm probably wrong on that. The audio system at Lantz Arena isn't very good and it's been a year at least since I heard that announcement. I've only ever gone to the semifinals all 3 years they've had it in Evansville and just bought tickets at the window for that session.
That sounds about right. I remember the "early bird special" discount announcements last year. I haven't noticed any such announcements this year. Probably a Covid thing. I just noticed that they will be available on Ticket Master Monday Feb. 22.
Like this! Liked
Sycamorefan96
TRN Sixth Man
TRN Sixth Man

Post by Sycamorefan96 »

msugrad1988 wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:22 pm
Sycamorefan96 wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:31 am
That sounds about right. I remember the "early bird special" discount announcements last year. I haven't noticed any such announcements this year. Probably a Covid thing. I just noticed that they will be available on Ticket Master Monday Feb. 22.
I saw that on Facebook earlier. Apparently I have to buy two tickets, but the good news is that I already found two different people that can go with me on both nights (Fri and Sat). I'm driving back to Terre Haute both nights anyways so that works out fine for me. I'm definitely looking forward to it as it will be my first basketball game(s) of the season.
Like this! Liked
Sycamorefan96
TRN Sixth Man
TRN Sixth Man

Post by Sycamorefan96 »

I'm not sure if anyone really cares or not, but the only tickets they are selling for a "single session" are in the end zones. I called the F.C. ticket office and they said that is all they are selling unless demand goes up and then "they might open the upper section". I'm considering waiting and taking my chances on the upper deck opening up. The end zone seats, especially at a hockey arena, aren't the greatest seats in the world. I would personally rather sit in the upper deck somewhere between the goals.
Like this! Liked
75Fan
TRN Legend
TRN Legend

Post by 75Fan »

nm
Like this! Liked

6 ETHICS OF LIFE

1. BEFORE YOU PRAY..........BELIEVE.
2. BEFORE YOU SPEAK.......LISTEN.
3. BEFORE YOU SPEND......EARN.
4. BEFORE YOU WRITE.......THINK.
5. BEFORE YOU QUIT...........TRY.
6. BEFORE YOU DIE.............LIVE.

Sycamorefan96
TRN Sixth Man
TRN Sixth Man

Post by Sycamorefan96 »

My friend that's going with me said he doesn't mind sitting on the ends so I went ahead and ordered my tickets for the semifinals and the championship game. Looks like the tickets are all mobile this year.

If Murray State is still in the tournament on Friday and / or Saturday and you see someone in Indiana State or Eastern Illinois gear don't be shy.
Like this! Liked
smidge34
TRN GOAT
TRN GOAT

Post by smidge34 »

Sycamorefan96 wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:43 pm My friend that's going with me said he doesn't mind sitting on the ends so I went ahead and ordered my tickets for the semifinals and the championship game. Looks like the tickets are all mobile this year.
Two years ago my bunch was spread out all over so we picked an empty spot at the top of one of the end zones beside a bar where we could all sit as a group and had a blast.
Like this! Liked
02Racer
TRN All-American
TRN All-American

Post by 02Racer »

Has the OVC released the game schedule for the tournament?

I couldn't find it on the conference website.
Like this! Liked
dropkick
TRN Starting Lineup
TRN Starting Lineup

Post by dropkick »

1v8 and 2v7 on Wednesday. Women early afternoon and men at night each day. 4v5 and 3v6 on Thursday. Semi Friday and Finals Saturday
Like this! Liked
Sycamorefan96
TRN Sixth Man
TRN Sixth Man

Post by Sycamorefan96 »

On Friday and Saturday (I'd think for Wed and Thurs too) the first men's game starts at 7 CT or 8 ET depending on what time zone you live in.
Like this! Liked
Explore Kentucky Lake