Not Racers but conference related

This forum is for the discussion of the men's basketball team.
smidge34
TRN GOAT
TRN GOAT

Not Racers but conference related

Post by smidge34 »

I agree.
Ray is in his fifth season and there are athletes - on a two-win team - complaining about which position they play.

That is a program that lacks a winning culture.

Ray has lost contributing players to transfer such as Tahj Eaddy (24 minutes per game for a 17-win Santa Clara squad this year); Denzel Mahoney (21 points Saturday in a 15-point win at No. 8 Villanova); LeDarrius Brewer (a double-digit scorer in his first two college seasons); and Gabe McGlothan (the Redhawks’ leading rebounder last season as a freshman); each of whom should be on THIS Southeast team.
https://www.semoball.com/story/2665896.html
:goracers: 109

runningracer
TRN All-American
TRN All-American

Re: Not Racers but conference related

Post by runningracer »

I have been watching this situation for several weeks, and wondering the cost of his contract. Feel bad for the coach, as he knows how the game.is played. The problem appears to be one of players expectations. One question is, what would cause players who are far from All Conference, think they have a chance in the pros. Who is giving them these delusions of grandeur? Is it the coach, or his staff? Remember the one who had almost zero impact, when he did play, going out early for the draft. True, he has recruited and lost several players, that with a successful program, had a chance at being some of the best in the OVC.

Watching from afar, it appears that Coach Ray has a big ego, meaning my way, or the highway, and doesn't establish a personal relationship with his players. It appears that he has caused a lot of his problems. Every team usually loses players, but most due to lack of playing time, not those who are stars. It appears that playing under Coach Ray is not fun. That is unacceptable to today's players, and can make the situation miserable. He may be as ready to end this situation as the local sportwriter is, given the option of a buyout.

evvracerfan
TRN Starting Lineup
TRN Starting Lineup

Post by evvracerfan »

They hired a coach with a 38% winning percentage prior to coming to SEMO - how did they think that would work out? He is what his record says he is - a poor coach that wins about 35% of his games and routinely loses his best players to transfer. There is no reason SEMo should be this pathetic. They have enough talent to be a middle of the pack OVC team this year, especially given the sad state of half the OVC teams this year. Instead they’re in the conversation for the worst team in the country. This guy has truly earned his firing.

apsufan82
TRN MVP
TRN MVP

Post by apsufan82 »

That program is a mess and it's not going to get better anytime soon.
Follow me on twitter @cmathews82.

evvracerfan
TRN Starting Lineup
TRN Starting Lineup

Post by evvracerfan »

apsufan82 wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:46 pm
I hope you're wrong but all the evidence points to you being 100% correct. Oddly enough - usually a coaching change results in a couple of transfers, but in this case, could a coaching change actually prevent a couple of transfers?

JoeD
TRN Legend
TRN Legend

Post by JoeD »

No. More likely the transfers would transfer anyway, you take a hit in APR...
Americans dead by COVID-19 as of 5/5/2020 72,271.
Americans lost in Vietnam- 58,209
Korea- 38,616
All other American dead in every conflict since 1975 including 9/11 and Benghazi- 10,580

Some hoax

apsufan82
TRN MVP
TRN MVP

Post by apsufan82 »

evvracerfan wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:12 pm
apsufan82 wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:46 pm
I hope you're wrong but all the evidence points to you being 100% correct. Oddly enough - usually a coaching change results in a couple of transfers, but in this case, could a coaching change actually prevent a couple of transfers?
I hope I'm not wrong lol. I found a new strong dislike for SEMO during football last season lol
Follow me on twitter @cmathews82.

Sycamorefan96
TRN Benchwarmer
TRN Benchwarmer

Post by Sycamorefan96 »

JoeD wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:17 pm
No. More likely the transfers would transfer anyway, you take a hit in APR...
They were just on APR I think 3 seasons ago. I rarely openly vouch for someone to get fired, but Rick Ray needs to go. He just can't get the job done there. They need to bring in someone to do a total rebuild. There are just no excuses for being 0-10 in this year's OVC.
Fan of Indiana State and Eastern Illinois.

Explore Kentucky Lake