RACERS vs Brescia Game Thread

This forum is for the discussion of the men's basketball team.
popeyejonesfan
TRN POY
TRN POY
Posts: 1173
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:29 pm
x 419

Re: RACERS vs Brescia Game Thread

Post by popeyejonesfan » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:36 pm

Is Holliday going to be much of a help to us this season?
Like this! Liked

User avatar
75Fan
TRN Legend
TRN Legend
Posts: 7972
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:39 am
x 1896

Re: RACERS vs Brescia Game Thread

Post by 75Fan » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:46 pm

He leads the team in Steals.

He'll be fine when his shots start finding the mark.
Like this! Liked


6 ETHICS OF LIFE

1. BEFORE YOU PRAY..........BELIEVE.
2. BEFORE YOU SPEAK.......LISTEN.
3. BEFORE YOU SPEND......EARN.
4. BEFORE YOU WRITE.......THINK.
5. BEFORE YOU QUIT...........TRY.
6. BEFORE YOU DIE.............LIVE.


Dan T
TRN POY
TRN POY
Posts: 1118
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:28 pm
x 1032

Re: RACERS vs Brescia Game Thread

Post by Dan T » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:53 pm

popeyejonesfan wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:36 pm
Is Holliday going to be much of a help to us this season?
When he gets the start, that's always a sign of what's happening in practice every day. He did not show any offense to speak of tonight, but CM is certainly in the position to know what he's capable of.
Like this! Liked

User avatar
smidge34
TRN GOAT
TRN GOAT
Posts: 11024
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:52 am
Location: Follow me on Twitter: @Smidge342003
x 4485

Re: RACERS vs Brescia Game Thread

Post by smidge34 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:40 am

He got the start because Javeon was injured. Granted, Matt could have started someone else so that speaks to his ability and work ethic but that’s still why he started tonight.
Like this! Liked

STLRacer
TRN Starting Lineup
TRN Starting Lineup
Posts: 330
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:52 am
x 298

Re: RACERS vs Brescia Game Thread

Post by STLRacer » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:49 am

Personally I think Chico will be the starting PG by the end of the season, with Daquan being that first guy off the bench that can come in and get buckets. I may be wrong, but I just see Chico as the more natural PG. But can we talk about Robinson??? He is raw, but my word is the skill set there for him to be an unbelievable player for us. I was not expecting him to have that soft of a touch around the rim this early. Him and KJ are going to be an absolute handful in the paint, think about what kind of numbers they are going to put up in a couple years when they are both upperclassmen :shock: :shock: scary!
Like this! Liked

SoILRacer
TRN Benchwarmer
TRN Benchwarmer
Posts: 93
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:23 am
x 119

Re: RACERS vs Brescia Game Thread

Post by SoILRacer » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:50 am

I get the “tune-up game” argument, but I personally feel that can be done against higher quality D-1 opponents. Our program has come a long way. Tune-up opponent quality today should be higher than it was 15 years ago.

I live an hour and twenty minutes away with three small children. I am a season ticket holder. I like to see us playing better competition, even in tune-up games. MHO.
Like this! Liked

Dan T
TRN POY
TRN POY
Posts: 1118
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:28 pm
x 1032

Re: RACERS vs Brescia Game Thread

Post by Dan T » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:53 am

smidge34 wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:40 am
He got the start because Javeon was injured. Granted, Matt could have started someone else so that speaks to his ability and work ethic but that’s still why he started tonight.
I think everyone was aware of that situation. I was equally unimpressed by his offense, but am willing to give the coaching staff the benefit of the doubt.
Like this! Liked

User avatar
smidge34
TRN GOAT
TRN GOAT
Posts: 11024
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:52 am
Location: Follow me on Twitter: @Smidge342003
x 4485

Re: RACERS vs Brescia Game Thread

Post by smidge34 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:56 am

STLRacer wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:49 am
Personally I think Chico will be the starting PG by the end of the season, with Daquan being that first guy off the bench that can come in and get buckets. I may be wrong, but I just see Chico as the more natural PG. But can we talk about Robinson??? He is raw, but my word is the skill set there for him to be an unbelievable player for us. I was not expecting him to have that soft of a touch around the rim this early. Him and KJ are going to be an absolute handful in the paint, think about what kind of numbers they are going to put up in a couple years when they are both upperclassmen :shock: :shock: scary!
That KJ/Tevin senior year season after next if things hold together and we add another key piece or two is shaping up to be something else.

PS in regard to Chico/Quanny I really liked that Chico at the 1, Tevin and Quanny SG/wing and Nell/KJ or some combo inside lineup we showed a lot of last night.
Like this! Liked

User avatar
racerlover
TRN All-American
TRN All-American
Posts: 2416
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:25 am
Location: Murray, KY.
x 576

Re: RACERS vs Brescia Game Thread

Post by racerlover » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:07 am

popeyejonesfan wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:35 pm
Was this game on ESPN Plus? Is the quality any better this season ? I don’t know if I need to upgrade my Roku, or, if it’s ESPN. But, last season I started missing OVC digital network.
I canceled my subscription. The quality was awful last season. I'll just listen to Neal on the radio when I can't attend. Much more reliable and crystal clear.
Like this! Liked

User avatar
smidge34
TRN GOAT
TRN GOAT
Posts: 11024
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:52 am
Location: Follow me on Twitter: @Smidge342003
x 4485

Re: RACERS vs Brescia Game Thread

Post by smidge34 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:27 am

Some questions answered.

Like this! Liked

User avatar
smidge34
TRN GOAT
TRN GOAT
Posts: 11024
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:52 am
Location: Follow me on Twitter: @Smidge342003
x 4485

Re: RACERS vs Brescia Game Thread

Post by smidge34 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:43 am

I stream directly off my iPhone bluetooth connected to my TV and honestly rarely if ever get buffering. :shrug: Highly recommend ESPN+.
Like this! Liked

User avatar
racerlover
TRN All-American
TRN All-American
Posts: 2416
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:25 am
Location: Murray, KY.
x 576

Re: RACERS vs Brescia Game Thread

Post by racerlover » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:52 am

smidge34 wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:43 am
I stream directly off my iPhone bluetooth connected to my TV and honestly rarely if ever get buffering. :shrug: Highly recommend ESPN+.
I tried that with mine. Constant buffering. I live in the middle of nowhere, however, and can only muster two Verizon bars of LTE. I'm so far out, internet isn't an option. :lolno:
Like this! Liked

User avatar
02Racer
TRN All-American
TRN All-American
Posts: 3061
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:47 pm
Location: Murray
x 1556

Re: RACERS vs Brescia Game Thread

Post by 02Racer » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:46 am

I’ve got 30mbps from MES and it runs great on my smart tv.
Like this! Liked
109

speck
TRN MVP
TRN MVP
Posts: 879
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:50 am
x 465

Re: RACERS vs Brescia Game Thread

Post by speck » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:55 am

Are any of the Fla games going to be where we can watch ?
Like this! Liked

User avatar
smidge34
TRN GOAT
TRN GOAT
Posts: 11024
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:52 am
Location: Follow me on Twitter: @Smidge342003
x 4485

Re: RACERS vs Brescia Game Thread

Post by smidge34 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:30 pm

speck wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:55 am
Are any of the Fla games going to be where we can watch ?
Gotta pay but it’s not outrageous.

https://www.flohoops.com/signup?redirec ... id=6572734
Like this! Liked

speck
TRN MVP
TRN MVP
Posts: 879
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:50 am
x 465

Re: RACERS vs Brescia Game Thread

Post by speck » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:00 pm

smidge34 wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:30 pm
speck wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:55 am
Are any of the Fla games going to be where we can watch ?
Gotta pay but it’s not outrageous.

https://www.flohoops.com/signup?redirec ... id=6572734
Cheaper than tickets. Thanks.
Like this! Liked

User avatar
MarshallRacer
TRN Legend
TRN Legend
Posts: 4219
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:01 am
Location: Twitter: Marshall_Racer_
x 546

Re: RACERS vs Brescia Game Thread

Post by MarshallRacer » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:07 pm

racerlover wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:52 am
smidge34 wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:43 am
I stream directly off my iPhone bluetooth connected to my TV and honestly rarely if ever get buffering. :shrug: Highly recommend ESPN+.
I tried that with mine. Constant buffering. I live in the middle of nowhere, however, and can only muster two Verizon bars of LTE. I'm so far out, internet isn't an option. :lolno:
Have you tried ATT fixed wireless internet? My cousin is installing that (3rd party installer) and has told me he is having great luck getting great speed and connection even where there is little cell phone signal. $40/mo for 215 GB data according to their site: https://www.att.com/internet/fixed-wireless/
Like this! Liked
Enjoy every day because things change fast - Billy Kennedy October 2011

User avatar
racerlover
TRN All-American
TRN All-American
Posts: 2416
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:25 am
Location: Murray, KY.
x 576

Re: RACERS vs Brescia Game Thread

Post by racerlover » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:22 pm

MarshallRacer wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:07 pm
racerlover wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:52 am
smidge34 wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:43 am
I stream directly off my iPhone bluetooth connected to my TV and honestly rarely if ever get buffering. :shrug: Highly recommend ESPN+.
I tried that with mine. Constant buffering. I live in the middle of nowhere, however, and can only muster two Verizon bars of LTE. I'm so far out, internet isn't an option. :lolno:
Have you tried ATT fixed wireless internet? My cousin is installing that (3rd party installer) and has told me he is having great luck getting great speed and connection even where there is little cell phone signal. $40/mo for 215 GB data according to their site: https://www.att.com/internet/fixed-wireless/
Yep. The guy came out and said he couldn't get a signal. Too many trees he said. Funny enough, everyone else that's in the house that has AT&T picks up at least two bars from inside the home. And the guy couldn't get a boosted signal OUTSIDE??? I think I need a second opinion on that.
Like this! Liked

User avatar
smidge34
TRN GOAT
TRN GOAT
Posts: 11024
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:52 am
Location: Follow me on Twitter: @Smidge342003
x 4485

Re: RACERS vs Brescia Game Thread

Post by smidge34 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:20 pm

racerlover wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:22 pm
MarshallRacer wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:07 pm
racerlover wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:52 am


I tried that with mine. Constant buffering. I live in the middle of nowhere, however, and can only muster two Verizon bars of LTE. I'm so far out, internet isn't an option. :lolno:
Have you tried ATT fixed wireless internet? My cousin is installing that (3rd party installer) and has told me he is having great luck getting great speed and connection even where there is little cell phone signal. $40/mo for 215 GB data according to their site: https://www.att.com/internet/fixed-wireless/
Yep. The guy came out and said he couldn't get a signal. Too many trees he said. Funny enough, everyone else that's in the house that has AT&T picks up at least two bars from inside the home. And the guy couldn't get a boosted signal OUTSIDE??? I think I need a second opinion on that.
I’ve got an AT&T tower a half mile behind my house but that link says my area is not eligible lol.
Like this! Liked

User avatar
racerlover
TRN All-American
TRN All-American
Posts: 2416
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:25 am
Location: Murray, KY.
x 576

Re: RACERS vs Brescia Game Thread

Post by racerlover » Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:23 pm

I would try satellite internet, but if you know anyone with satellite internet, you'll know that streaming is not a likely possibility. Too slow. Throttled.
Like this! Liked

Post Reply
Explore Kentucky Lake