Murray State - Tennessee Preview

This forum is for the discussion of the men's basketball team.
Racer Insider Will
TRN POY
TRN POY

Murray State - Tennessee Preview

Post by Racer Insider Will »

Can the Racers pull it off?

http://murraysports.net/1111191.htm
When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies? Perhaps to be too practical is madness. To surrender dreams — this too may be madness. Too much sanity may be madness — and maddest of all: to see life as it is, and not as it should be!

SwedeDRC
TRN Sixth Man
TRN Sixth Man

Re: Murray State - Tennessee Preview

Post by SwedeDRC »

Noted in the artilce Popeye Jones is listed as the all time MSU rebound leader. Wondering when this statistic started being kept as Dick Cunningham averaged around 30 rebounds a game in the 1967-68 season. He played varisty basketball for 3 seasons... 1965 - 1968 so if Popeye played 4 seasons, this could explain it. Otherwise the record keepers need to dig deeper.

ps..OMG Am I the only guy on this board who is still alive from that era!!!?...This is not good..lol

smidge34
TRN GOAT
TRN GOAT

Post by smidge34 »

SwedeDRC wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:54 am
Noted in the artilce Popeye Jones is listed as the all time MSU rebound leader. Wondering when this statistic started being kept as Dick Cunningham averaged around 30 rebounds a game in the 1967-68 season. He played varisty basketball for 3 seasons... 1965 - 1968 so if Popeye played 4 seasons, this could explain it. Otherwise the record keepers need to dig deeper.

ps..OMG Am I the only guy on this board who is still alive from that era!!!?...This is not good..lol
Racerhistory.com has all your answers. Had Cunningham played 4 seasons he would be rebound king.

http://racerhistory.com/facts/
:goracers: 109

JoeD
TRN Legend
TRN Legend

Post by JoeD »

BEWARE

VISITING RACER HISTORY DOT COM IS A SUREFIRE WAY TO LOSE HOURS

I know from experience. There are no short visits to racerhistory.com

ITS THAT GOOD

okay you've been warned...
Americans dead by COVID-19 as of 5/5/2020 72,271.
Americans lost in Vietnam- 58,209
Korea- 38,616
All other American dead in every conflict since 1975 including 9/11 and Benghazi- 10,580

Some hoax

Dan T
TRN POY
TRN POY

Post by Dan T »

Cunningham was a large person. 6-11, I think, and he was not long and thin. He not only took up a lot of room, but was impossible to move. I got to watch him one year.

SwedeDRC
TRN Sixth Man
TRN Sixth Man

Post by SwedeDRC »

Yeah Dan He was 6'10+ and built like a linebacker. He used to get into wrestling matches against 6-7 guys (all at the same time) in Springer Hall where he resided.

He never lost...lol p.s As I was 5'7" and about 120 lbs at the time I didnt avail myself of the opportunity..He was always very polite and said hi to me. His parents never missed a game and drove from Canton, Ohio to watch him play in every game.

SwedeDRC
TRN Sixth Man
TRN Sixth Man

Post by SwedeDRC »

p.p.s. His nickname was Lerch named after The Adams Family TV show character. I dont think anyone ever called him that to his face however. At least not more than once.

runningracer
TRN All-American
TRN All-American

Post by runningracer »

He started one year for the Milwaukee Bucks after being drafted in the second round and traded, by Phoenix, Unfortunately for him, the Bucks got the first pick the next year, and took a guy named Lou Alcindor (Kareem Abdul Jabbar). The rest of his career was as a backup. He was on the 1971 championship team, and played with the Bucks for eight years, until a serious ankle injury caused his retirement.

Explore Kentucky Lake