OT: does anyone use Youtubetv for their tv?

This forum is for the discussion of the men's basketball team.
iRacer
TRN Benchwarmer
TRN Benchwarmer

OT: does anyone use Youtubetv for their tv?

Post by iRacer » Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:08 pm

I am trying it out and it does carry the Memphis Grizzly games so I can watch Ja. I just didn’t know if it shows the cardinal baseball games during their season? I currently have atttv Now and it carried cardinal baseball but doesn’t have the grizzlies.
Like this! Liked

jmsu78
TRN Sixth Man
TRN Sixth Man

Re: OT: does anyone use Youtubetv for their tv?

Post by jmsu78 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:21 am

YouTube tv will carry all the grizzlies (unless blacked out) on its fox sports south. If it doesn’t carry cardinals games just cancel it and switch back to At&t during baseball season. Then cancel At&t after season and switch back to YouTube tv for nba.. all are month to month I believe so should be doable. I’m in same boat and do something similar.
Like this! Liked
-oneeee minute, one minute left in the game!
Twitter: @jmsu78

iRacer
TRN Benchwarmer
TRN Benchwarmer

Post by iRacer » Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:47 am

Yes I am just on a grandfathered in cheap plan on att that I couldn’t get back after leaving.
Like this! Liked

runningracer
TRN All-American
TRN All-American

Post by runningracer » Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:18 am

If AT&T carries what Direct TV does, you can see all 82 Griz games on Fox Sports Southeast.
Like this! Liked

walleye14
TRN MVP
TRN MVP

Post by walleye14 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:30 pm

YouTube TV in Nashville doesn't carry FSMW so no Cardinals games.
Like this! Liked
Home of 42 OVC Championships
16 NCAA Appereances
28 Consecutive Winning Seasons
ESPN Top 30 Basketball Program

THIS IS RACER BASKETBALL

racerlover
TRN All-American
TRN All-American

Post by racerlover » Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:35 pm

runningracer wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:18 am
If AT&T carries what Direct TV does, you can see all 82 Griz games on Fox Sports Southeast.
Ii have Directv and NBA league pass was offering a free preview of all games. The weird part is every game was working for me except the Grizzlies games. Those games were blacked out for me. It's no biggie, I just follow the stats and watch the highlights.
Like this! Liked

msusig1855
TRN Sixth Man
TRN Sixth Man

Post by msusig1855 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:30 pm

racerlover wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:35 pm
runningracer wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:18 am
Ii have Directv and NBA league pass was offering a free preview of all games. The weird part is every game was working for me except the Grizzlies games. Those games were blacked out for me. It's no biggie, I just follow the stats and watch the highlights.
I caught the game on Directv during the free League Pass on channel 649-2. No issues at all.
Like this! Liked

sparekracer
TRN Benchwarmer
TRN Benchwarmer

Post by sparekracer » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:39 pm

I think DirecTV and the Grizzlies games are a lot like DirecTV and the Cardinals games in this area.

In baseball, this area's two "in-market" teams are the Cardinals and the Reds (why on earth the Reds? I have no idea, makes zero sense to me). DirecTV customers in this area get the Reds games. But in order to get the Cardinals games, you have to subscribe to the Sports Pack (or a higher base package... which essentially includes the Sports Pack) for $13 or $14 extra per month. Then you get the privilege of watching your other "in-market" team.

Over the past few years, some Cardinals games have been simulcast on Fox Sports South (channel 646... one of the dash channels) but not all of them. To insure that you get them all - with DirecTV - you have to subscribe to the Sports Pack.

I don't know exactly how the NBA works with this. Apparently this area's "in-market" teams are the Cavaliers, Pacers, and Grizzlies. But if you check DirecTV's site, our "in-market" teams are the Cavaliers and Pacers (Cavaliers? really?). I'd venture a guess that somebody dropped the ball and DirecTV hasn't updated their website to account for the Grizzlies in this area. I'm guessing that if you buy the Sports Pack with DirecTV then you'd get the Grizzlies games and that's the only way you'll get the Grizzlies games.

All of these networks and TV providers really, really, really need to work on defining their markets. The league need to make this a priority. There's no sense in the region west of the lakes to be considered Reds territory or Cavalier's territory.

I don't know how all of this works with Dish Network or other cable providers or streaming providers. My only experience is with DirecTV. And my experience with DirecTV may be dwindling, because I very well may wind up dropping them. Paying $8.50 per month Regional Sports Fee and yet I can't get the two most logical regional teams (Cardinals and Grizzlies).
Like this! Liked

racerlover
TRN All-American
TRN All-American

Post by racerlover » Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:09 pm

Honestly, if it wasn't for the NFL Sunday Network, I would be rid of Directv period. Plus I get it free every season. When the NFL reworks their TV package next year, something tells me the NFL will be gone from them. Then they will fold shop.
Like this! Liked

SWRacer
TRN Starting Lineup
TRN Starting Lineup

Post by SWRacer » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:43 am

I have had YouTubeTV for almost a year living in the 42071, so let me clear a few things up for everyone.
Much of the discussion and mapping for the Fox Sports regionals are based on MLB - so.....

We get three Fox Sports Regionals - Fox Sports Ohio, Fox Sports South and Fox Ohio Plus.

1) The Predators seem to have precedent on everything on Fox Sports South. if the preds and Cards are both playing, the Preds are on. If if the Preds and Griz games are in conflict, the Preds are on (tonight for example). Most (but not all) Cardinal games are on if they do not conflict with the Preds, but this summer, some games that should have been on weren't.. Some of us called YouTube TV, I suspect next year there will be more of them on.

2) Last night, the Pacers (OhioPlus) and Cavs (were both on).

3) All blackouts are still in effect.

Bottom line, you will get MOST of the games on YouTube TV, but not all. If you want all of them, Direct TV with the additional all Regional Sports Package, you will get all of them. We found the cost savings of $2500 a year made a lot more sense. I do wish YouTubeTV offered the Regional Sports Package plus that Direct TV does, I would pay the additional $20 a month in a heartbeat.

I like the mobility of YouTube TV, the enhanced recording options and the costs. For $50 for up the five screens, it can't be beat... I doubt my kids (21 and 24) will ever buy a cable package. It doesn't make sense..
Like this! Liked

sparekracer
TRN Benchwarmer
TRN Benchwarmer

Post by sparekracer » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:59 am

Good info about Youtube TV - many thanks. But I suspect these streaming packages will eventually cost just as much as satellite or cable. They just keep inching the price up to see just how much consumers are willing to pay. At least the good thing about streaming packages is that there is no contract, so you can really cancel any time you want.

I suspect that it's the Cardinals that dictate what games are on Fox Sports South or maybe Fox Sports Midwest dictates what is on Fox Sports South. I don't think Youtube TV (or DirecTV... or any TV service provider) gets to decide when to put a Cardinals game on Fox Sports South. Fox Sports Midwest is the exclusive broadcast partner for the Cardinals - so everything essentially goes through them. I just don't know how married Fox Sports Midwest is to Fox Sports South... they're both Fox Sports (which Sinclair owns now) but they may be independently managed.

The same for the Grizzlies. I believe Fox Sports Southeast is the broadcast partner for Grizzlies games. Now they may share some access with Fox Sports South ... a la Fox Sports Midwest -> Fox Sports South for the Cardinals games.

Fox Sports South is the exclusive home for the Nashville Predators. So that's why it takes precedence.

I just don't like having to pay DirecTV a regional sports fee... and then having to buy the Sports Pack just to get the teams that I should be getting. If I'm in the Grizzles market... then I should get the Grizzles games no matter what channel they are on. If I'm in the Cardinals market... then I should get the Cardinals games no matter what channel they are on. Otherwise... what am I paying an $8.50 Regional Sports Fee for?
Like this! Liked

smidge34
TRN GOAT
TRN GOAT

Post by smidge34 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:24 pm

I’m paying for Dish and pay $13 a month extra for the sports package for Redzone channel during the NFL season but they’re in a contract dispute with Fox sports so I’m blacked out.
Like this! Liked

iRacer
TRN Benchwarmer
TRN Benchwarmer

Post by iRacer » Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:56 pm

Thank you SWRacer.... exactly what I needed to know. I have made the switch to youtubetv and love it. It’s cheap and the unlimited dvr is awesome.
Like this! Liked

Ghughes
TRN Sixth Man
TRN Sixth Man

Post by Ghughes » Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:01 am

Here is some information on sports blackouts.
https://www.fcc.gov/sites/default/files ... ckouts.pdf
Like this! Liked

Explore Kentucky Lake