News around the Valley (no not that one)

This forum is for the discussion of the men's basketball team.
Post Reply
User avatar
JoeD
TRN Legend
TRN Legend
Posts: 7927
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:07 pm
x 1493

News around the Valley (no not that one)

Post by JoeD » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:55 am

https://www.theintelligencer.com/sports ... 339358.php

SIUE is looking to build a practice facility. Which is good news, as it will most certainly be larger than their game facility.
Like this! Liked
Im old enough to remember when being "politically correct" was understood to mean "not being a complete, racist, xenophobic a-hole". Good times...

User avatar
smidge34
TRN GOAT
TRN GOAT
Posts: 11067
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:52 am
Location: Follow me on Twitter: @Smidge342003
x 4565

Re: News around the Valley (no not that one)

Post by smidge34 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:13 pm

I cringe when I read articles that use announced attendance numbers and even more when they lend ANY credence or legitimacy to them. They’re trash.
Like this! Liked

evvracerfan
TRN Starting Lineup
TRN Starting Lineup
Posts: 401
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:24 pm
x 544

Re: News around the Valley (no not that one)

Post by evvracerfan » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:46 pm

Obviously admitting SIU-E was a big mistake by the OVC. They still operate as a D2 program in terms of budget, facilities, fan base, and quality of play. Let's hope the new practice facility helps, but when you play in an arena that wouldn't even be considered a good high school facility, you've got a long way to go.
Like this! Liked

User avatar
racerlover
TRN All-American
TRN All-American
Posts: 2416
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:25 am
Location: Murray, KY.
x 576

Re: News around the Valley (no not that one)

Post by racerlover » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:20 pm

Funny how they have more students than big brother in Carbondale. I guess all the money goes straight to big brother and they give them crumbs to live on.
Like this! Liked

runningracer
TRN All-American
TRN All-American
Posts: 2329
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2005 12:02 am
x 841

Re: News around the Valley (no not that one)

Post by runningracer » Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:47 pm

Just a suggestion...…..If SIUE wants to seriously be competitive in Division One basketball, why don't they build a Division One facility, and use their current one as the practice facility?
Like this! Liked

User avatar
msuowns
TRN Legend
TRN Legend
Posts: 5783
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:57 pm
Location: Paducah
x 617

Re: News around the Valley (no not that one)

Post by msuowns » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:46 am

racerlover wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:20 pm
Funny how they have more students than big brother in Carbondale. I guess all the money goes straight to big brother and they give them crumbs to live on.
that's why randy dunn got fired at siu. :rofl: :rofl:
Like this! Liked
"Home, home again I like to be here when I can. When I come home cold and tired, it's good to warm my bones by the fire".

SwedeDRC
TRN Sixth Man
TRN Sixth Man
Posts: 196
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:39 am
x 148

Re: News around the Valley (no not that one)

Post by SwedeDRC » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:44 am

runningracer wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:47 pm
Just a suggestion...…..If SIUE wants to seriously be competitive in Division One basketball, why don't they build a Division One facility, and use their current one as the practice facility?
Not going to happen any year soon RR. The state is broke ..Really it is. Vendors doing business with the State of Illinois wait on average 9 months to get paid for submitted undisputed invoices.
Like this! Liked

User avatar
msuowns
TRN Legend
TRN Legend
Posts: 5783
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:57 pm
Location: Paducah
x 617

Re: News around the Valley (no not that one)

Post by msuowns » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:19 pm

SwedeDRC wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:44 am
runningracer wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:47 pm
Just a suggestion...…..If SIUE wants to seriously be competitive in Division One basketball, why don't they build a Division One facility, and use their current one as the practice facility?
Not going to happen any year soon RR. The state is broke ..Really it is. Vendors doing business with the State of Illinois wait on average 9 months to get paid for submitted undisputed invoices.
why we don't play illinois lottery
Like this! Liked
"Home, home again I like to be here when I can. When I come home cold and tired, it's good to warm my bones by the fire".

Post Reply
Explore Kentucky Lake