News around the Valley (no not that one)

This forum is for the discussion of the men's basketball team.
JoeD
TRN Legend
TRN Legend

News around the Valley (no not that one)

Post by JoeD » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:55 am

https://www.theintelligencer.com/sports ... 339358.php

SIUE is looking to build a practice facility. Which is good news, as it will most certainly be larger than their game facility.
Like this! Liked
Im old enough to remember when being "politically correct" was understood to mean "not being a complete, racist, xenophobic a-hole". Good times...

smidge34
TRN GOAT
TRN GOAT

Re: News around the Valley (no not that one)

Post by smidge34 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:13 pm

I cringe when I read articles that use announced attendance numbers and even more when they lend ANY credence or legitimacy to them. They’re trash.
Like this! Liked

evvracerfan
TRN Starting Lineup
TRN Starting Lineup

Post by evvracerfan » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:46 pm

Obviously admitting SIU-E was a big mistake by the OVC. They still operate as a D2 program in terms of budget, facilities, fan base, and quality of play. Let's hope the new practice facility helps, but when you play in an arena that wouldn't even be considered a good high school facility, you've got a long way to go.
Like this! Liked

Kentucky Lake
TRN Benchwarmer
TRN Benchwarmer

Post by Kentucky Lake » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:48 pm

“It really starts with men’s and women’s basketball,” Hall said. “As a Division I-AAA institution that doesn’t sponsor football, if you can get your basketball programs to be continually successful, it will provide a number of attributes that are positive and will help all of your other programs moving forward."

Probably the first time I've ever heard an official label themselves Division I-AAA
Like this! Liked
"This is Murray State. Regardless of who we have I don’t see how you could pick us eighth. It’s disrespectful to us. We should never be picked worse than third. I don’t care who we have." - Shawn Witherspoon, 9-19-06

racerlover
TRN All-American
TRN All-American

Post by racerlover » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:20 pm

Funny how they have more students than big brother in Carbondale. I guess all the money goes straight to big brother and they give them crumbs to live on.
Like this! Liked

runningracer
TRN All-American
TRN All-American

Post by runningracer » Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:47 pm

Just a suggestion...…..If SIUE wants to seriously be competitive in Division One basketball, why don't they build a Division One facility, and use their current one as the practice facility?
Like this! Liked

msuowns
TRN Legend
TRN Legend

Post by msuowns » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:46 am

racerlover wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:20 pm
Funny how they have more students than big brother in Carbondale. I guess all the money goes straight to big brother and they give them crumbs to live on.
that's why randy dunn got fired at siu. :rofl: :rofl:
Like this! Liked
"Home, home again I like to be here when I can. When I come home cold and tired, it's good to warm my bones by the fire".

SwedeDRC
TRN Sixth Man
TRN Sixth Man

Post by SwedeDRC » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:44 am

runningracer wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:47 pm
Just a suggestion...…..If SIUE wants to seriously be competitive in Division One basketball, why don't they build a Division One facility, and use their current one as the practice facility?
Not going to happen any year soon RR. The state is broke ..Really it is. Vendors doing business with the State of Illinois wait on average 9 months to get paid for submitted undisputed invoices.
Like this! Liked

msuowns
TRN Legend
TRN Legend

Post by msuowns » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:19 pm

SwedeDRC wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:44 am
runningracer wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:47 pm
Not going to happen any year soon RR. The state is broke ..Really it is. Vendors doing business with the State of Illinois wait on average 9 months to get paid for submitted undisputed invoices.
why we don't play illinois lottery
Like this! Liked
"Home, home again I like to be here when I can. When I come home cold and tired, it's good to warm my bones by the fire".

Explore Kentucky Lake