Full Schedule Out

This forum is for the discussion of the men's basketball team.
speck
TRN MVP
TRN MVP

Re: Full Schedule Out

Post by speck » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:12 pm

Same old stuff ever year, not even going to gripe about anymore." We gotta get out of here".
Like this! Liked

MICHIANA RACER
TRN Sixth Man
TRN Sixth Man

Post by MICHIANA RACER » Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:50 am

Best revenge is to continue hanging banners and punching our ticket to the NCAA Tournament. A 3-peat would be so sweet.
Like this! Liked

JoeD
TRN Legend
TRN Legend

Post by JoeD » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:17 pm

Anyone want to see a really poor schedule?

https://letsgopeay.com/schedule.aspx?path=mbball
Like this! Liked
Im old enough to remember when being "politically correct" was understood to mean "not being a complete, racist, xenophobic a-hole". Good times...

wkeown
TRN Starting Lineup
TRN Starting Lineup

Post by wkeown » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:55 pm

JoeD wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:17 pm

I think that is a heck of a schedule. Better than ours if we ever wanted an At Large bid.
Like this! Liked

murraygrad05
TRN MVP
TRN MVP

Post by murraygrad05 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:27 pm

JoeD wrote:

You are joking right? I would LOVE to have that schedule.

You do realize only 2 of our OOC opponents had a winning record in 2018-19 (not counting whoever we play at the Florida tourney after Lasalle)??? Oh, and 1 of those 2 schools is an NAIA school?
Like this! Liked

jayinbama
TRN Starting Lineup
TRN Starting Lineup

Post by jayinbama » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:38 pm

murraygrad05 wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:27 pm
JoeD wrote:

You are joking right? I would LOVE to have that schedule.

You do realize only 2 of our OOC opponents had a winning record in 2018-19 (not counting whoever we play at the Florida tourney after Lasalle)??? Oh, and 1 of those 2 schools is an NAIA school?

I,see 3 SEC teams and a Big 12 look like a decent Schedule
Like this! Liked

JoeD
TRN Legend
TRN Legend

Post by JoeD » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:42 pm

You’re joking right?

Two teams played in the postseason, the CBI and the NIT. The D1 team with the best record on the schedule is western and had 14 losses. Their D1 opponents were a combined 38 games under .500.

None of the teams on their schedule have a realistic chance to win their conference with the possible exception of western in soft ass toilet paper cusa.
Like this! Liked
Im old enough to remember when being "politically correct" was understood to mean "not being a complete, racist, xenophobic a-hole". Good times...

smidge34
TRN GOAT
TRN GOAT

Post by smidge34 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:22 pm

Looks like the same weak azz home schedule we have this year.
Like this! Liked

JoeD
TRN Legend
TRN Legend

Post by JoeD » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:23 pm

Ours is because our home and homes are away this year, what’s peay’s excuse?
Like this! Liked

murraygrad05
TRN MVP
TRN MVP

Post by murraygrad05 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:22 pm

Usually I can pull myself around and halfway agree with you on some things but I’m not seeing it with this. Our schedule is WEAK. The big home and homes you speak of are Evansville and Missouri State? If it wasn’t for the saving grace of having Tennessee on there it wouldn’t be worth the paper it’s printed on.

I personally think Peay has a great schedule. Vanderbilt under Stackhouse has brought in some big key recruits and should be more competitive instead of going 0fer in the SEC this year. Georgia should also be improved. You know West Virginia isn’t going to be like they were under Huggy bear again this year. Even if they did not make it to the dance, these teams are going to play like the teams from their conference that do and it’s good exposure to that physical style play.

I guess we can always boast that we have NCAA game winner Belmont on our schedule. And we still have the 3 NAIA games to chalk up wins and pad stats to. I’m ok with mediocrity if you are.
Like this! Liked

JoeD
TRN Legend
TRN Legend

Post by JoeD » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:19 am

Missouri State will he picked to win the MVC and Evansville will be a much better team than the team that almost beat us here last season. Tennessee finished the season in the top ten. After La Salle, we will play some mix of Wright St, Weber St, Northeastern, S Alabama, Drake or Miami (OH). Wright St will be a contender in the A Sun, Weber in the Big Sky, S Alabama will be Sun Belt favorite, Drake and Miami towards the top of their conferences.

Peay has multiple buy games agonist teams that 1. Probably won’t win many games, and 2. Probably will beat Peay. They have a two 340+ games (teams who couldn’t win in the Meac or SWAC), the same number of non D1 games, their premier home game is vs a team that finished under .500 from the A Sun, and the best team on their schedule lost 14 games last season.

Peay is playing the type of schedule that some of the SWAC schools try for. Newly minted D 1 program North Alabama has a similar schedule. We complain on here because the OVC sells their programs out for buy games and when shown an example, people like it.
Like this! Liked

Explore Kentucky Lake