Ja Morant's ESPN Interview

This forum is for the discussion of the men's basketball team.
SwedeDRC
TRN Sixth Man
TRN Sixth Man

Ja Morant's ESPN Interview

Post by SwedeDRC » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:04 am

By shear chance I caught part of the ESPN show last night on NBA hopefuls in the upcoming draft.
and saw (I think) most of the interview with Ja Morant.
He is such a genuine class act who brings such a presence to our school. Cant say enough the impressive manner in which he portrays himself. Is he 20 years old yet?
He will continue to be a wonderful ambassador for our school.
Thank you Ja Morant for choosing Murray State. What a partnership it has been. I think we kept up our end of the bargin. You sure kept up yours. Best wishes in all you do.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Like this! Liked

msuowns
TRN Legend
TRN Legend

Re: Ja Morant's ESPN Interview

Post by msuowns » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:44 am

SwedeDRC wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:04 am
By shear chance I caught part of the ESPN show last night on NBA hopefuls in the upcoming draft.
and saw (I think) most of the interview with Ja Morant.
He is such a genuine class act who brings such a presence to our school. Cant say enough the impressive manner in which he portrays himself. Is he 20 years old yet?
He will continue to be a wonderful ambassador for our school.
Thank you Ja Morant for choosing Murray State. What a partnership it has been. I think we kept up our end of the bargin. You sure kept up yours. Best wishes in all you do.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
its beyond belief MSU actually snagged him. Cant wait until he comes back and speaks to us all. Just think of that team we had when Ja was a freshman. 3 players that would have played for any school in the country.
Like this! Liked
"Home, home again I like to be here when I can. When I come home cold and tired, it's good to warm my bones by the fire".

runningracer
TRN All-American
TRN All-American

Post by runningracer » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:34 pm

Not at all surprised that we got him to come here. Just surprised that some other schools didn't see his talent earlier. We have a reputation as a top 25 school, that wins consistently. Doesn't hurt that we have been sending a player every year or two to the NBA. We have earned enough respect as a program that those who do not make the NBA, usually have a chance at playing pro ball somewhere, if they can prove themselves. The basis for our success is that we have had coaches for the last 40 years that can spot a diamond in the rough and convince them to come to Murray. The school is solid academically, and the people of Murray love their basketball, and the team. He could have gone elsewhere, but chose a school that he knew was interested in him, and would provide him the opportunity to be where he is today. Having said that, he is one of the most composed, and business like young men that I have seen. I wish him much success.
Like this! Liked

Racer Insider Will
TRN POY
TRN POY

Post by Racer Insider Will » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:28 am

Clip from ESPN Video...

http://murraysports.net/0617191.htm
Like this! Liked
When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies? Perhaps to be too practical is madness. To surrender dreams — this too may be madness. Too much sanity may be madness — and maddest of all: to see life as it is, and not as it should be!

Racer Insider Will
TRN POY
TRN POY

Post by Racer Insider Will » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:07 am

This is the E60 clip...

http://murraysports.net/0619191.htm
Like this! Liked
When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies? Perhaps to be too practical is madness. To surrender dreams — this too may be madness. Too much sanity may be madness — and maddest of all: to see life as it is, and not as it should be!

MarshallRacer
TRN Legend
TRN Legend

Post by MarshallRacer » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:25 pm

Not to brag buuuuttt that's me and the fam at 6:06 mark, just below and to the right of the E:60 logo. Yeah, I'm kind of a big deal. dadada, dadada!
Like this! Liked
Enjoy every day because things change fast - Billy Kennedy October 2011

msuowns
TRN Legend
TRN Legend

Post by msuowns » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:07 am

Memphis trades Conley last night, their top point guard. Hello.
Like this! Liked
"Home, home again I like to be here when I can. When I come home cold and tired, it's good to warm my bones by the fire".

Racerband Alum
TRN POY
TRN POY

Post by Racerband Alum » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:18 pm

ESPN has him going to Memphis in the mock draft. He had alot of talk about going to the Lakers but that was before they signed Anthony Davis.
Like this! Liked
MSU Racerband Best in OVC.

Explore Kentucky Lake