Zion Harmon set to play for Marshall County

This forum is for the discussion of the men's basketball team.
Racer Insider Will
TRN POY
TRN POY

Zion Harmon set to play for Marshall County

Post by Racer Insider Will » Wed May 29, 2019 10:35 am

http://murraysports.net/0529192.htm

I am looking forward to watching this guy play. Have any of you guys seen him play? If Murray State could get him, would he be another Ja?
Like this! Liked
When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies? Perhaps to be too practical is madness. To surrender dreams — this too may be madness. Too much sanity may be madness — and maddest of all: to see life as it is, and not as it should be!

runningracer
TRN All-American
TRN All-American

Re: Zion Harmon set to play for Marshall County

Post by runningracer » Wed May 29, 2019 3:20 pm

As good as he might be, and he has proven himself to be a star in the making, there is only one Ja. I would give him points on his shooting ability, but Ja sees the floor better, and is a little more athletic. That is not meant as disrespectful to his ability, but we are comparing him to the probable second pick in the draft. Wherever he lands will get an outstanding player, who can lead them to a championship.
Like this! Liked

racerpower
TRN All-American
TRN All-American

Post by racerpower » Wed May 29, 2019 4:13 pm

BULLSHIT
Like this! Liked

speck
TRN MVP
TRN MVP

Post by speck » Wed May 29, 2019 5:52 pm

Racer Insider Will wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 10:35 am
http://murraysports.net/0529192.htm

I am looking forward to watching this guy play. Have any of you guys seen him play? If Murray State could get him, would he be another Ja?
Yep, nope.
Like this! Liked

racerlover
TRN All-American
TRN All-American

Post by racerlover » Wed May 29, 2019 6:20 pm

I don't know the whole story behind the kid, nor have I seen him play. Does anyone know why he kept going to different schools? All unknown to me, it sounds like a lot of behind the scenes drama.
Like this! Liked

murraygrad05
TRN MVP
TRN MVP

Post by murraygrad05 » Wed May 29, 2019 9:15 pm

racerlover wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 6:20 pm
I don't know the whole story behind the kid, nor have I seen him play. Does anyone know why he kept going to different schools? All unknown to me, it sounds like a lot of behind the scenes drama.
His dad is a traveling nurse that usually works on 3 to 6 month contracts with hospitals that could be anywhere in this multi state region. No drama involved. Seems like a good kid that is in a tricky situation.
Like this! Liked

runningracer
TRN All-American
TRN All-American

Post by runningracer » Thu May 30, 2019 1:22 am

For those who haven't seen him, I said he was not comparable to Ja in his court sense, or athletic ability, even though he is very good. As someone who is a high school sophomore, he will get better. Currently rated as the number one or two point guard for 20-21, by ESPN, and 24/7 Sports. He already has offers from Auburn, and St. Louis. He was on the U.S. U16, and U17 national teams. He started for Bowling Breen on their 2017 state championship team as an eighth grade point guard, and made the All Tournament team. He took Adair County to the state tournament, in 2018, as a freshmen averaging over 32 points per game. He was first team all state as a freshmen. What is most impressive is that he shot over 47% from three as a freshman at Adair County. The only question is why he chose Marshall County over McCracken, or Tilghman. The fact that he is at his fourth school in four years is what probably set off alarms in the KHSAA offices.
Like this! Liked

Explore Kentucky Lake