Draft Party

This forum is for the discussion of the men's basketball team.
User avatar
racerlover
TRN All-American
TRN All-American
Posts: 2288
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:25 am
Location: Murray, KY.
x 466

Re: Draft Party

Post by racerlover » Fri May 17, 2019 3:54 pm

I've said this before and I will say it yet again. How hard would it be for them to have four roving vendors going from section to section? It would cut down on long lines at the stands. You shouldn't have to miss the action while waiting in line for a drink. My son went to get ONE drink and was in line for 20 minutes. Unacceptable. I asked him if we had walked to Kroger to get the damn thing.
Like this! Liked

Dan T
TRN MVP
TRN MVP
Posts: 994
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:28 pm
x 887

Re: Draft Party

Post by Dan T » Fri May 17, 2019 5:20 pm

It's an easy choice. Stand in line, missing large chunks of the game you came to watch, so that you can pay for unhealthy food at inflated prices, or just eat supper prior to the game.
Like this! Liked

User avatar
smidge34
TRN GOAT
TRN GOAT
Posts: 10515
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:52 am
Location: Follow me on Twitter: @Smidge342003
x 3808

Re: Draft Party

Post by smidge34 » Fri May 17, 2019 5:41 pm

OR eat supper at home AND stop in at your favorite local c-store BEFORE the game and load up. I go through 2-3 bottles of water per game at least plus a couple packs of M&Ms. The old boy up a few seats behind me must go through a case of water, you know who you are lol.
Like this! Liked

User avatar
RacerPreacher
TRN Starting Lineup
TRN Starting Lineup
Posts: 396
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:38 am
x 365

Re: Draft Party

Post by RacerPreacher » Fri May 17, 2019 6:43 pm

msuowns wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 9:09 pm
RacerPreacher wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 9:20 am
https://goracers.com/news/2019/5/15/mens-basketball-watch-ja-morant-on-the-big-stage-at-nba-draft-party.aspx

I'm not sure how I feel about this event. The draft party for Cam was at the CFSB Center and free for families to enjoy. It was truly a night to celebrate the program with the Racer Family. It seems like every event now is just another fundraiser to get more money out of our pockets. I'm not going to pay $30 for every member of my family to watch something on television that I can watch for free at home. Not to mention the event is not even on campus.
I can never get turned off if any fundraisers for MSU athletics.
You must have way more money than me. I can’t see spending well over $100 to watch television at the country club.
Like this! Liked
“I hate to lose more than I love to win.”

User avatar
02Racer
TRN All-American
TRN All-American
Posts: 2973
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:47 pm
Location: Murray
x 1400

Re: Draft Party

Post by 02Racer » Sat May 18, 2019 7:12 pm

The concession lines were absurd with only having two stands open with 7-9,000 people in attendance. I avoided the concessions most of the season for this reason. At the Peay game we had to grab dinner at the game because we didn’t have time to stop for before the game. We were in line 40 minutes before the game and barely made it to our seats for the tip.

The concession trailer at the baseball games was poorly managed as well. My son and I went to several games this year and the trailer was open for maybe half of them. When they were open they never actually had more than about 1/3 of the items listed in the menu.

The Saturday baseball game that was the same day as the spring football game had probably 300 people in attendance but they didn’t bother to open the trailer. About halfway through the game they did start making announcements that concessions were available “conveniently located on the main concourse of Stewart stadium.”
Like this! Liked
109

murraygrad05
TRN MVP
TRN MVP
Posts: 805
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:57 pm
x 674

Re: Draft Party

Post by murraygrad05 » Sat May 18, 2019 10:06 pm

speck wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 3:25 pm
You had choices, wait in line at concessions or watch the game.
Said by a person who probably doesn't have a 7 year old that has to have popcorn and a drink or he'll die. With a stand in all 4 corners and enough clubs on campus that could volunteer I don't think they would have a problem manning them.

We went to many games before this year and never had to wait over 5 minutes at the most. At least the "Eat Here" debacle signs on the walls disappeared.
Like this! Liked

speck
TRN MVP
TRN MVP
Posts: 779
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:50 am
x 421

Re: Draft Party

Post by speck » Sun May 19, 2019 6:56 am

murraygrad05 wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 10:06 pm
speck wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 3:25 pm
You had choices, wait in line at concessions or watch the game.
Said by a person who probably doesn't have a 7 year old that has to have popcorn and a drink or he'll die. With a stand in all 4 corners and enough clubs on campus that could volunteer I don't think they would have a problem manning them.

We went to many games before this year and never had to wait over 5 minutes at the most. At least the "Eat Here" debacle signs on the walls disappeared.
I believe you took my post in the wrong the way. Maybe I should have just said concessions where terrible and you would have understood. 3 year old and you have a nice day.
Like this! Liked

Blue N Gold
TRN Sixth Man
TRN Sixth Man
Posts: 125
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:51 pm
x 167

Re: Draft Party

Post by Blue N Gold » Sun May 19, 2019 8:52 am

murraygrad05 wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 10:06 pm
speck wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 3:25 pm
You had choices, wait in line at concessions or watch the game.
Said by a person who probably doesn't have a 7 year old that has to have popcorn and a drink or he'll die. With a stand in all 4 corners and enough clubs on campus that could volunteer I don't think they would have a problem manning them.

We went to many games before this year and never had to wait over 5 minutes at the most. At least the "Eat Here" debacle signs on the walls disappeared.
Have your 7 yr old join Junior Racers for $10 and get free popcorn every game with no waiting line - plus many other cool benefits like a post-practice meal with the team. Put a bottle of water in a backpack and you're set.
Like this! Liked

User avatar
racerlover
TRN All-American
TRN All-American
Posts: 2288
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:25 am
Location: Murray, KY.
x 466

Re: Draft Party

Post by racerlover » Sun May 19, 2019 9:19 am

Funny how threads turn. Went from a draft party to arguing about our subpar concessions. Am I wrong or did they not run out the lemonade stand and pizza stand? I cannot remember for the life of me.
Like this! Liked

User avatar
smidge34
TRN GOAT
TRN GOAT
Posts: 10515
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:52 am
Location: Follow me on Twitter: @Smidge342003
x 3808

Re: Draft Party

Post by smidge34 » Sun May 19, 2019 10:21 am

Yes, ran them off and the thing is I guarantee you they wouldn’t notice a dent in their bottom line with them there. A Sodexo concession stand is managed about as badly as most Walmart stores.
Like this! Liked

Blue N Gold
TRN Sixth Man
TRN Sixth Man
Posts: 125
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:51 pm
x 167

Re: Draft Party

Post by Blue N Gold » Sun May 19, 2019 3:55 pm

racerlover wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 9:19 am
Funny how threads turn. Went from a draft party to arguing about our subpar concessions. Am I wrong or did they not run out the lemonade stand and pizza stand? I cannot remember for the life of me.
I think you meant to say that the thread went from someone COMPLAINING about the draft party to someone COMPLAINING about concessions and the Univ food service company.

“If you spend five minutes complaining, you have just wasted five minutes.” Anonymous
Like this! Liked

User avatar
msuowns
TRN Legend
TRN Legend
Posts: 5547
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:57 pm
Location: Paducah
x 512

Re: Draft Party

Post by msuowns » Sun May 19, 2019 7:54 pm

The president or AD might have to get involved to make this concessions work. Seems they shouldn’t have to tho
Like this! Liked
"Home, home again I like to be here when I can. When I come home cold and tired, it's good to warm my bones by the fire".

User avatar
RacerPreacher
TRN Starting Lineup
TRN Starting Lineup
Posts: 396
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:38 am
x 365

Re: Draft Party

Post by RacerPreacher » Mon May 20, 2019 3:46 pm

Blue N Gold wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 3:55 pm
racerlover wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 9:19 am
Funny how threads turn. Went from a draft party to arguing about our subpar concessions. Am I wrong or did they not run out the lemonade stand and pizza stand? I cannot remember for the life of me.
I think you meant to say that the thread went from someone COMPLAINING about the draft party to someone COMPLAINING about concessions and the Univ food service company.


“If you spend five minutes complaining, you have just wasted five minutes.” Anonymous
Come on it’s the off season. What else are we going to debate. :lol:
Like this! Liked
“I hate to lose more than I love to win.”

User avatar
NKYRacer
TRN MVP
TRN MVP
Posts: 968
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:39 pm
Location: Murray, KY and online at Racerhistory.com
x 460
Contact:

Re: Draft Party

Post by NKYRacer » Mon May 20, 2019 4:01 pm

I'll say this, EVERYONE in the athletic department is fully aware of the train wreck the consessions were after the Sodexo takeover. AD is on the case and you can mark my words, it will be fixed for next season.

BTW no alcohol tho, it's not the conference or the university, it's the state ABC office. They will issue catering licences and some one off event licences but not one they can use for BB/FB consessions.
So unless the state board changes it's mind....
Like this! Liked
Image

User avatar
smidge34
TRN GOAT
TRN GOAT
Posts: 10515
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:52 am
Location: Follow me on Twitter: @Smidge342003
x 3808

Re: Draft Party

Post by smidge34 » Tue May 21, 2019 6:38 am

So how does everyone else serve booze? I bought shots at Freedom Hall when we played UL in like 2003.
Like this! Liked

User avatar
02Racer
TRN All-American
TRN All-American
Posts: 2973
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:47 pm
Location: Murray
x 1400

Re: Draft Party

Post by 02Racer » Tue May 21, 2019 7:20 am

smidge34 wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 6:38 am
So how does everyone else serve booze? I bought shots at Freedom Hall when we played UL in like 2003.
Freedom Hall, YUM center, etc. are not located on university property.
Like this! Liked
109

User avatar
smidge34
TRN GOAT
TRN GOAT
Posts: 10515
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:52 am
Location: Follow me on Twitter: @Smidge342003
x 3808

Re: Draft Party

Post by smidge34 » Tue May 21, 2019 7:25 am

02Racer wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 7:20 am
smidge34 wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 6:38 am
So how does everyone else serve booze? I bought shots at Freedom Hall when we played UL in like 2003.
Freedom Hall, YUM center, etc. are not located on university property.
So, even though the state owned Freedom Hall too the only difference in legality is whether the arena is within the actual university property boundary, even though the state owns both? Makes sense said nobody with a brain.
Like this! Liked

User avatar
msuowns
TRN Legend
TRN Legend
Posts: 5547
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:57 pm
Location: Paducah
x 512

Re: Draft Party

Post by msuowns » Tue May 21, 2019 7:59 am

smidge34 wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 7:25 am
02Racer wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 7:20 am
smidge34 wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 6:38 am
So how does everyone else serve booze? I bought shots at Freedom Hall when we played UL in like 2003.
Freedom Hall, YUM center, etc. are not located on university property.
So, even though the state owned Freedom Hall too the only difference in legality is whether the arena is within the actual university property boundary, even though the state owns both? Makes sense said nobody with a brain.
I rem buying 5.00 beers at the old cardinal stadium when MSU and bill bird beat the cards on that last second play. I wore that big beer on that last play.🍺🍺🍺🍺
Like this! Liked
"Home, home again I like to be here when I can. When I come home cold and tired, it's good to warm my bones by the fire".

bjhracer
TRN All-American
TRN All-American
Posts: 2085
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 6:27 pm
x 689

Re: Draft Party

Post by bjhracer » Tue May 21, 2019 1:43 pm

So it seems to me the university and the city could change the zoning of the property North of the wellness center. If that was done then in wouldn’t technically be on university property therefore you could get a license.
Like this! Liked
"I hate losing, I hate losing more than I love winning." B.J. Jenkins

User avatar
smidge34
TRN GOAT
TRN GOAT
Posts: 10515
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:52 am
Location: Follow me on Twitter: @Smidge342003
x 3808

Re: Draft Party

Post by smidge34 » Tue May 21, 2019 1:49 pm

Look around at the perverted, sick, twisted ish we are all supposed to be tolerant of in 2019 and yet buying a cold beer is an issue? Lol batcrap cra cra times we are in. :crazy:
Like this! Liked

Post Reply
Explore Kentucky Lake