If you are trying to register an account please use a valid email address. You may need to check your Junk/Spam/Social folder for the activation email.

St. Mary's Dagger in Belmont's Heart

This forum is for the discussion of the men's basketball team.
Blue N Gold
TRN Sixth Man
TRN Sixth Man

Re: St. Mary's Dagger in Belmont's Heart

Post by Blue N Gold » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:52 pm

Dan T wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:37 pm
In a just world, the sins of the few do not fall on the whole group. That applies to lots of groups, and even to Belmont. If all of our fans were like some I sit near at the games, I wouldn't ever go back or root for the Racers. They are just terrible fans and their behavior makes us look bad. The majority of our fans are great and that's the number one reason we have the program that we have.
I was pretty embarrassed at some of the things that came out of some Racer fans' mouths near me at the tourney. A lot of foul language with kids nearby. Of course one of them also said Tim Kaine found Ja.
Like this! Liked

msuowns
TRN Legend
TRN Legend

Post by msuowns » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:12 pm

Dan T wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:58 pm
smidge34 wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:02 pm
Not looking to start a debate and I respect your opinion Dan BUT Dan’s opinion of good behavior in no way sets the bar for others in anybody’s mind but Dan’s. Hope that makes sense and doesn’t come off as smart aleck or meant to be a dig at you ‘cause that wasn’t my intention. Just being real.
I'll put it this way. If you yell things at a referee or opposing player/coach that you wouldn't say to them one on one, you are not much of a person. Everybody starts off as somewhat less than an ideal person, but hopefully, given enough time to mature, one can continue to move up to curve to honesty and class. Yeah, so that's my bar.
gang mentality in a crowd at a game is much diff than one on one
Like this! Liked
"Home, home again I like to be here when I can. When I come home cold and tired, it's good to warm my bones by the fire".

Dan T
TRN MVP
TRN MVP

Post by Dan T » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:28 pm

msuowns wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:12 pm
Dan T wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:58 pm
smidge34 wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:02 pm
Not looking to start a debate and I respect your opinion Dan BUT Dan’s opinion of good behavior in no way sets the bar for others in anybody’s mind but Dan’s. Hope that makes sense and doesn’t come off as smart aleck or meant to be a dig at you ‘cause that wasn’t my intention. Just being real.
I'll put it this way. If you yell things at a referee or opposing player/coach that you wouldn't say to them one on one, you are not much of a person. Everybody starts off as somewhat less than an ideal person, but hopefully, given enough time to mature, one can continue to move up to curve to honesty and class. Yeah, so that's my bar.
gang mentality in a crowd at a game is much diff than one on one
And therein lies the test. Can you overcome that obstacle to become a better person. Some people cannot.
Like this! Liked

Dan T
TRN MVP
TRN MVP

Post by Dan T » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:29 pm

BarryP wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:07 pm
Some people say that judging others makes you not much of a person. Not me, I judge people all the time.
I judge people too, but I refuse to pronounce sentence.
Like this! Liked

racerlover
TRN All-American
TRN All-American

Post by racerlover » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:53 pm

Well...this thread has taken a turn.
Like this! Liked

90racer
TRN Starting Lineup
TRN Starting Lineup

Post by 90racer » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:17 pm

Back on track...lunardi has Belmont as one of 1st four out...bless their hearts!!!

One should never pull for a so-called rival. Would really get laugh if they get home game in any post-season tourney. All 500 fans will be crazy.
Like this! Liked

Blue N Gold
TRN Sixth Man
TRN Sixth Man

Post by Blue N Gold » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:45 am

So let me get this straight...one of the reasons many fans want to go to the MVC is to be in a 2 bid league (which really isn't a 2 bid league like it once was) but when the OVC has a real good chance at getting 2 bids this year we root against it? Got it.

Secondly, if we stay in the OVC then we want it to get better sooooo what helps programs get better? $$$$$$$$ And with 2 teams in the tourney we increase the conference's chances at more money. But we don't want that to happen? Hmmm
Like this! Liked

dbstepside
TRN Starting Lineup
TRN Starting Lineup

Post by dbstepside » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:46 am

The way it is for me is that when I think about the conference and what it means if they get in. The extra $$ that it would bring. That’s the only plus side to me.

But there’s the fan in me that just doesn’t want to see our newest rivalry type opponent have any success.

And I would be more interested if it I thought Belmont would actually win a game.
Like this! Liked

Explore Kentucky Lake