St. Mary's Dagger in Belmont's Heart

This forum is for the discussion of the men's basketball team.
smidge34
TRN GOAT
TRN GOAT

Re: St. Mary's Dagger in Belmont's Heart

Post by smidge34 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:15 am

Their fan base
:lol: :rofl:
Like this! Liked

MarshallRacer
TRN Legend
TRN Legend

Post by MarshallRacer » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:58 am

There's just over 1.6 million reasons we want Belmont in the big dance.
Like this! Liked
Enjoy every day because things change fast - Billy Kennedy October 2011

SwedeDRC
TRN Sixth Man
TRN Sixth Man

Post by SwedeDRC » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:35 am

Oh my dear...b'mont and mr. rogers...I remember last year when they thumbed their little high brow noses at an NIT bid after losing to... ahem.... us in the conference palyoffs. Wwe all recall that dont we?

Yeah absolutely...screw them..! and while Im subject..all the happy talk about the mvc expansion..I reacll the rumor that they (allegedly) declined a bid to join the MVC lasst year...Unconfirmed and, for sure, never will be confirmed... they are a big fish in a small pond...Thats what they are now and will always will be.
Like this! Liked

msuowns
TRN Legend
TRN Legend

Post by msuowns » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:54 am

SwedeDRC wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:35 am
Oh my dear...b'mont and mr. rogers...I remember last year when they thumbed their little high brow noses at an NIT bid after losing to... ahem.... us in the conference palyoffs. Wwe all recall that dont we?

Yeah absolutely...screw them..! and while Im subject..all the happy talk about the mvc expansion..I reacll the rumor that they (allegedly) declined a bid to join the MVC lasst year...Unconfirmed and, for sure, never will be confirmed... they are a big fish in a small pond...Thats what they are now and will always will be.
Belmont wearing egg on their face, two years in a row :clap: :clap:
Like this! Liked
"Home, home again I like to be here when I can. When I come home cold and tired, it's good to warm my bones by the fire".

speck
TRN MVP
TRN MVP

Post by speck » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:57 am

MarshallRacer wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:58 am
JUst like they want us to win a game or two or more.
Like this! Liked

90racer
TRN Starting Lineup
TRN Starting Lineup

Post by 90racer » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:39 am

speck wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:57 am
MarshallRacer wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:58 am
JUst like they want us to win a game or two or more.
I am sure that was meant with sarcasm...as they wish a huge blowout upon us.

If I thought the extra money would go towards paying a coach...then Go Belmont. But I know that is not the case, so I really shake my head at anyone pulling for them to receive an at-large bid.

There will be no carry-over for a two-bid OVC. This would be an anomaly of epic proportion. So screw them and their worthless fan base.

While I am it...same will always go for those Huckleberries in Clarksville.
Like this! Liked

SwedeDRC
TRN Sixth Man
TRN Sixth Man

Post by SwedeDRC » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:55 am

Nicely put 90racer!
Like this! Liked

SoILRacer
TRN Benchwarmer
TRN Benchwarmer

Post by SoILRacer » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:27 pm

I am aware of the tweet from Belmont basketball. I agree it had salt all over it. I also love beating Belmont as much or more than anyone on this board.

That said, objectively-speaking, they did play without an all-conference center. Even if he played, I believe we still would have won with the emergence of Cowart. Guess we will never know because we won the game.

We are better if Belmont makes the Dance.

I think some of my beloved Racer fans are overreacting. Take the high road, Racer Nation. The scoreboard doesn’t lie.

My humble 2 cents.
Like this! Liked

Dan T
TRN MVP
TRN MVP

Post by Dan T » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:37 pm

In a just world, the sins of the few do not fall on the whole group. That applies to lots of groups, and even to Belmont. If all of our fans were like some I sit near at the games, I wouldn't ever go back or root for the Racers. They are just terrible fans and their behavior makes us look bad. The majority of our fans are great and that's the number one reason we have the program that we have.
Like this! Liked

fmftballmgr
TRN POY
TRN POY

Post by fmftballmgr » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:00 pm

at first I wanted to think I wanted them in to help us down the road for when it happens to Murray (winning or sharing the regular season and lose in finals).

But the more I thought about it the more I hope they don't get in. If we can go 16-0 in conference had a 25ish game win streak and still not got in, they don't deserve to get in either. Until the bottom half of the OVC can consistently get over 275 ratings then everybody will still point to the fact that because of the conference we are in we have to play over half the conference games against bad teams.

So beLmont can suck it and enjoy their first round loss in the NIT
Like this! Liked

smidge34
TRN GOAT
TRN GOAT

Post by smidge34 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:02 pm

Not looking to start a debate and I respect your opinion Dan BUT Dan’s opinion of good behavior in no way sets the bar for others in anybody’s mind but Dan’s. Hope that makes sense and doesn’t come off as smart aleck or meant to be a dig at you ‘cause that wasn’t my intention. Just being real.
Like this! Liked

Kentucky Lake
TRN Benchwarmer
TRN Benchwarmer

Post by Kentucky Lake » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:11 pm

smidge34 wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:02 pm
Not looking to start a debate and I respect your opinion Dan BUT Dan’s opinion of good behavior in no way sets the bar for others in anybody’s mind but Dan’s. Hope that makes sense and doesn’t come off as smart aleck or meant to be a dig at you ‘cause that wasn’t my intention. Just being real.
You're sure a libertarian smidge :rofl:
Like this! Liked
"This is Murray State. Regardless of who we have I don’t see how you could pick us eighth. It’s disrespectful to us. We should never be picked worse than third. I don’t care who we have." - Shawn Witherspoon, 9-19-06

smidge34
TRN GOAT
TRN GOAT

Post by smidge34 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:03 pm

I’m just impressed you got the small “L” correct!
Like this! Liked

75Fan
TRN Legend
TRN Legend

Post by 75Fan » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:25 pm

Right now, I have Belmont in as a 12-seed and possible play-in.

This site agrees with me.....

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaab/2019/03/14/ncaa-tournament-march-madness-bubble-tracker-selection-sunday/3159893002/
Like this! Liked

6 ETHICS OF LIFE

1. BEFORE YOU PRAY..........BELIEVE.
2. BEFORE YOU SPEAK.......LISTEN.
3. BEFORE YOU SPEND......EARN.
4. BEFORE YOU WRITE.......THINK.
5. BEFORE YOU QUIT...........TRY.
6. BEFORE YOU DIE.............LIVE.

racerlover
TRN All-American
TRN All-American

Post by racerlover » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:43 pm

In no way would I ever cheer for Belmont to win anything, but them getting in benefits us too, as has been mentioned. I guess I'm confused because we talk all the time about how we wished the conference would get two bids and now we're hoping we don't because it's Belmont? If it gives us more money, I don't give a damn if it's UTM getting in. Could we not use more cash?

And BTW, Belmont is having a selection party this Sunday. There's still time to RSVP. They have one booth reserved for all their fans at Dave and Busters. :lol:
Like this! Liked

JoeD
TRN Legend
TRN Legend

Post by JoeD » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:45 pm

I dunno... Dave and Buster's is an awfully long drive...
Like this! Liked
Im old enough to remember when being "politically correct" was understood to mean "not being a complete, racist, xenophobic a-hole". Good times...

msuowns
TRN Legend
TRN Legend

Post by msuowns » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:55 pm

racerlover wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:43 pm
In no way would I ever cheer for Belmont to win anything, but them getting in benefits us too, as has been mentioned. I guess I'm confused because we talk all the time about how we wished the conference would get two bids and now we're hoping we don't because it's Belmont? If it gives us more money, I don't give a damn if it's UTM getting in. Could we not use more cash?

And BTW, Belmont is having a selection party this Sunday. There's still time to RSVP. They have one booth reserved for all their fans at Dave and Busters. :lol:
Fine if they get in, we want a stronger Ovc. But Belmont is not the big fish in the pond like they thought they were. The racers bit off half that fish
Like this! Liked
"Home, home again I like to be here when I can. When I come home cold and tired, it's good to warm my bones by the fire".

Dan T
TRN MVP
TRN MVP

Post by Dan T » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:58 pm

smidge34 wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:02 pm
I'll put it this way. If you yell things at a referee or opposing player/coach that you wouldn't say to them one on one, you are not much of a person. Everybody starts off as somewhat less than an ideal person, but hopefully, given enough time to mature, one can continue to move up to curve to honesty and class. Yeah, so that's my bar.
Like this! Liked

BarryP
TRN Sixth Man
TRN Sixth Man

Post by BarryP » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:59 pm

If Belmont getting in keeps a big budget school out I am for it 100% :scratch:
Like this! Liked

BarryP
TRN Sixth Man
TRN Sixth Man

Post by BarryP » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:07 pm

Some people say that judging others makes you not much of a person. Not me, I judge people all the time.
Like this! Liked

Explore Kentucky Lake