If you are trying to register an account please use a valid email address. You may need to check your Junk/Spam/Social folder for the activation email.

RACERS @ Tennessee Tech Game Thread

This forum is for the discussion of the men's basketball team.
racernut69
TRN Benchwarmer
TRN Benchwarmer

Re: RACERS @ Tennessee Tech Game Thread

Post by racernut69 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:09 pm

How would the Belmont coach direct our team in the Tech game? What differences would he have created?
Like this! Liked

Dan T
TRN MVP
TRN MVP

Post by Dan T » Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:16 pm

RacerPop wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:05 pm
On the Payne T,there was no foul except for the offensive player using his forearm to create space.I think that Payne knew at that point that they were beat and wanted to put it on himself.His players played a good game and he wanted the blame to keep it off them.When they went to the bench before the free throws he was pointing to himself like telling the players My bad.I kind of respect that.4 teams won't make the tourney and he's using psychology to try and make sure his boys feel good about themselves even after a tough loss.
Take a look at the replay. They show it again from under the basket. The contact with the shooter comes at exactly the 1:51:55 mark of the ESPN+ replay. The shooter is contacted in midair as he attempts to avoid the blocked shot. Had the ref called a foul, nobody could reasonably argue against it.
Like this! Liked

RacerPop
TRN Starting Lineup
TRN Starting Lineup

Post by RacerPop » Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:53 pm

He pushed off with his left forearm as he went by the defender ,Cowart I think.Good no call.
Like this! Liked

wallaceracer
TRN MVP
TRN MVP

Post by wallaceracer » Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:10 pm

basher wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:22 pm
smidge34 wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:55 pm

Over 5K.
Ya ya ya.

Most I've ever seen there. Still plenty of open seats...up top.
If I remember, it was a sellout in 2012. If not, it was close. We didn't play well and were lucky to leave with a win that night.
Like this! Liked

Dan T
TRN MVP
TRN MVP

Post by Dan T » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:49 pm

RacerPop wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:53 pm
He pushed off with his left forearm as he went by the defender ,Cowart I think.Good no call.
If you will notice, the shooter did not extend his arm. What he did was legal and Morant does it routinely. Gilmore's hip bumps him while he is in the air. If the ref sees it, it's a foul 100% of the time. That was not an easy call to make unless the ref was positioned to see it like the camera did. Still, there was no way Tech's coach could see that happen from the bench.
Like this! Liked

BigD21
TRN POY
TRN POY

Post by BigD21 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:57 pm

RacerPop wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:05 pm
On the Payne T,there was no foul except for the offensive player using his forearm to create space.I think that Payne knew at that point that they were beat and wanted to put it on himself.His players played a good game and he wanted the blame to keep it off them.When they went to the bench before the free throws he was pointing to himself like telling the players My bad.I kind of respect that.4 teams won't make the tourney and he's using psychology to try and make sure his boys feel good about themselves even after a tough loss.
That game was far from over. Down three late in the game and you get T'd up can't respect that decision.
Like this! Liked
It's not easy being the best, but around here it's tradition.

runningracer
TRN All-American
TRN All-American

Post by runningracer » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:34 pm

I don't think that he was T'd for what he said, as the officials would have given some latitude to the game situation, but he left them no choice when he ran out onto the court. That is an automatic. I feel that he may be under a lot of pressure as it has been awhile since Tech was a challenger for the conference title. If they lose twenty, he may be one of at least two coaches who are going to be short in their future tenure.
Like this! Liked

BigD21
TRN POY
TRN POY

Post by BigD21 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:41 pm

He is adding onto the Tech legacy of not making the ncaa tournament
Like this! Liked
It's not easy being the best, but around here it's tradition.

Explore Kentucky Lake