If you are trying to register an account please use a valid email address. You may need to check your Junk/Spam/Social folder for the activation email.

Ja Morant - The Truth

This forum is for the discussion of the men's basketball team.
speck
TRN MVP
TRN MVP

Re: Ja Morant - The Truth

Post by speck » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:39 am

Thanks Smidge just watched it, WOW.
Like this! Liked

smidge34
TRN GOAT
TRN GOAT

Post by smidge34 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:40 am

Like this! Liked

smidge34
TRN GOAT
TRN GOAT

Post by smidge34 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:47 am

Like this! Liked

RacerSurveyor
TRN Starting Lineup
TRN Starting Lineup

Post by RacerSurveyor » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:42 am

In lieu of what transpired Thursday against the Bruins, what it be "sage" advise to ask/persuade him to stay one more season? You know... take an additional BUS/MKT 3XX courses while further improving his game? :shrug:

I know it's almost written in stone that he's gone in May, but would it hurt to improve one more season? Just thinking how it played out for Payne (so far). I feel like it may be Commodore v. Apple in '83 terms of speculation investment. :geek: Both were popular; one was managed for growth better. Not at all saying he's not talented now, just maybe could be insanely better by next May (=$$$$$).

Also, couldn't NBA offer "guarantee" contracts to certain prospects prior to the draft? For instance, "...conditionally, if college athlete maintains a 2.5 GPA, top 25 players in D1 NCAA MBB, [blah, blah, blah], [some clause about player's agent responsibilities and consequences]; said forth team will guarantee draft pick no later than second round..." There must be some "surety bond" solution to the speculation, right?

As I was typing this, yes it does sound more like unicorns and leprechauns logic...
Like this! Liked
Murray State is the OVC...
When we leave for greener pastures :salute: , rename the damn conference to TVC #Reloaded #PGU

bjhracer
TRN All-American
TRN All-American

Post by bjhracer » Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:09 pm

There is absolutely no way Ja is staying. Even if he, God forbid, had a season ending injury I feel he would still be drafters 1st round at this point.

This is awesome for the university and I am so thankful we have had him for 2 years. Next year we will be fine, competing for the title once again.
Like this! Liked
"I hate losing, I hate losing more than I love winning." B.J. Jenkins

RACERlineman
TRN Starting Lineup
TRN Starting Lineup

Post by RACERlineman » Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:30 pm

I don't understand what part of gaurunteed 20-40 million you guys aren't understanding! Ja is going top 5 in draft. I will be angry if he doesn't enter draft. It's pretty simple.
Like this! Liked
Twitter @Danielgoracers

RacerSurveyor
TRN Starting Lineup
TRN Starting Lineup

Post by RacerSurveyor » Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:21 pm

RACERlineman wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:30 pm
I don't understand what part of gaurunteed 20-40 million you guys aren't understanding! Ja is going top 5 in draft. I will be angry if he doesn't enter draft. It's pretty simple.
Honestly, I really don't mind either way... Only because from what I've read, seen, and otherwise pieced together, he has a good head on his shoulders, humble, excellent work ethic, and so forth. Most likely he has already prayed about it and consulted professionals and family on his next move. I think that is the actual simplicity of it all.
BUT, the actual question is still out there: would it hurt to stay another season? This is just a theoretical question; It's just a thought exercise. I mean, how many times has this happened at this school to actually ask it? (Hint: don't need an abacus for this...)
Maybe I should have reworded it to say that directly instead of saying:
As I was typing this, yes it does sound more like unicorns and leprechauns logic...

or
I know it's almost written in stone that he's gone in May, but would it hurt to improve one more season?
Not really concern about the Racers in general because it has always been great. Coaches move on and student-athletes graduate.

So why would you be mad :scratch: if he was being advised by people who actually care for this young man's best interest that would go against what you would do otherwise? Not trying pee in anyone's Wheaties on this forum, just a legit (I thought) question.
Like this! Liked
Murray State is the OVC...
When we leave for greener pastures :salute: , rename the damn conference to TVC #Reloaded #PGU

speck
TRN MVP
TRN MVP

Post by speck » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:19 pm

The thing is he will never go any higher in the draft than this year. Guaranteed money. Is he ready to play probably not, but he will be developed, where if he stayed he probably would't be a lot better his senior year, imo.
Like this! Liked

RACERlineman
TRN Starting Lineup
TRN Starting Lineup

Post by RACERlineman » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:29 pm

:banana: Millions :banana:
:thank:
:hey: :lets: :goracers:
Like this! Liked
Twitter @Danielgoracers

Blue N Gold
TRN Benchwarmer
TRN Benchwarmer

Post by Blue N Gold » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:16 pm

Why not get paid millions while you improve? If he goes as projected he would probably make $25 million in his first 4 years. Are you willing to chance blowing out a knee playing against Brescia and falling to the 2nd round?
Like this! Liked

runningracer
TRN All-American
TRN All-American

Post by runningracer » Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:57 am

I would love to see Ja stay two more years. But if he comes back next year, he should be forced to undergo a mental evaluation. Too much chance of injury, and NBA teams are sometimes so fickle. This is his chance of a lifetime. I hope he looks to finish the season on a high note, and help his team to accomplish their goals. I also hope he doesn't put a lot of pressure on himself, but relies on his teammates as much as he can. I am sure that Shaq, and others love to hear their names on Sportscenter. We have had outstanding players: Isaiah, with his shooting ability, personality, and mental toughness, Cam, with his ability to pass the ball, and score, but never anyone with the athletic ability of Ja. He will get bigger and stronger, has the mental toughness, and will continue to improve his game, because he works hard at being the best. He has talents that cannot be taught. His leaping ability, and his first step quickness seem to come naturally. I believe that he is the most complete player to come through our program, and will be in the NBA for several years. I just hope he doesn't allow a lot of hangers on, learns to say no, and takes care of his money, putting quite a bit aside each year, realizing that there will be a lot of life left after he is no longer able to play. Good luck to him, and may he accomplish all of his dreams. :thumbup:
Like this! Liked

basher
TRN POY
TRN POY

Post by basher » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:24 am

As a basketball player, yes, I think it'd help. It would be much less pressure developing his shot in the NCAA than when you're getting paid to do it. Of course, that makes no sense when you're likely to be drafted top 5. You don't take that chance, ever.

Hopefully the team that drafts him has a little patience with his shot and gives him time to develop. Being young, he won't lose the speed, handles and vision. I just doubt he goes in and is ready to start from day one.
Like this! Liked

HoustonRacer
TRN Signee
TRN Signee

Post by HoustonRacer » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:51 am

I think we are set up better now than when we were when Cam left. His rise up the draft boards was pretty fast as towards the beginning of the season no-one was really talking in terms of him leaving. That left us in a bad spot recruiting wise.

This time around I believe the coaching staff has been preparing for Ja to leave early the second he signed his NLI. I don't think anyone believed he would jet to the top 3 less than halfway in to the season but if you really did your research and read the stuff that came out of the Chris Paul camp it was obvious to know this summer that this would be his last year in a Racer uniform.

Just throwing this out there, we know Ja is headed for the big time but if we make another tournament and possibly get a win is McMahon gone too? That would be 2 lottery picks a 2 coaches leaving on same years within 4 years of each other. Crazy.
Like this! Liked

JoeD
TRN Legend
TRN Legend

Post by JoeD » Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:04 pm

HoustonRacer wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:51 am
I think we are set up better now than when we were when Cam left.
Boy that's a fact.
Like this! Liked
Im old enough to remember when being "politically correct" was understood to mean "not being a complete, racist, xenophobic a-hole". Good times...

murraygrad05
TRN MVP
TRN MVP

Post by murraygrad05 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:55 pm

https://youtu.be/EVn8i2X8Hss

"I chose the school that chose me..."

:mic:
Like this! Liked

smidge34
TRN GOAT
TRN GOAT

Post by smidge34 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:54 pm

Like this! Liked

runningracer
TRN All-American
TRN All-American

Post by runningracer » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:40 am

I know that this thread is about JA, but Shaq has been very important to us and he will be missed next year. He has really done well since league play started. Some of that can be attributed to Ja, but he clearly has improved his shooting. The Bounce Brothers may be the most exciting combo that I have seen this year.
Like this! Liked

RacerPreacher
TRN Starting Lineup
TRN Starting Lineup

Post by RacerPreacher » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:31 am

runningracer wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:40 am
I know that this thread is about JA, but Shaq has been very important to us and he will be missed next year. He has really done well since league play started. Some of that can be attributed to Ja, but he clearly has improved his shooting. The Bounce Brothers may be the most exciting combo that I have seen this year.
They are certainly entertaining to watch and boy can Shag play defense. I think watching him on D is just as much fun as watching him dunk. He brings so much passion to both ends of the court.
Like this! Liked
“I hate to lose more than I love to win.”

RacerPreacher
TRN Starting Lineup
TRN Starting Lineup

Post by RacerPreacher » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:49 am

https://www.si.com/nba/2019/01/30/nba-m ... am-reddish

Ja just keeps on climbing the draft board.
Like this! Liked

RacerPreacher
TRN Starting Lineup
TRN Starting Lineup

Post by RacerPreacher » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:53 am

RacerPreacher wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:49 am
https://www.si.com/nba/2019/01/30/nba-m ... am-reddish

Ja just keeps on climbing the draft board.
2. Chicago Bulls BULLS: JA MORANT, PG, MURRAY STATE
Height: 6’3” | Weight: 175 | Sophomore

If there is justice in the world, Morant should be the first guard drafted in June. There’s not much of an argument for him to go ahead of Williamson, but he has a legitimate chance to be the next guy off the board. His ascent has been remarkable to witness, and for a team like Chicago with need for a playmaker and scorers already on the roster, opting for Morant over R.J. Barrett is entirely justifiable. The primary misconception about Morant is that he’s overpowering bad competition with his athleticism. When you watch closely (see the Alabama and Auburn games), it’s apparent that Morant has been able to take over games with his passing vision and tight handle. He sees things a step ahead, can get to any spot on the floor, and can use just about any angle to distribute the ball. Morant shoots with touch and should be able to improve his percentages from outside. If he ends up somewhere along the lines of a more athletic, better-shooting Rajon Rondo… that’s a pretty valuable player.
Like this! Liked

Explore Kentucky Lake