If you are trying to register an account please use a valid email address. You may need to check your Junk/Spam/Social folder for the activation email.

Around the OVC

This forum is for the discussion of the men's basketball team.
Post Reply
User avatar
racerlover
TRN All-American
TRN All-American
Posts: 2275
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:25 am
Location: Murray, KY.
x 456

Re: Around the OVC

Post by racerlover » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:23 pm

Dan T wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:52 pm
Give us a seed 1 through 3 and see how many "elite eights" we get to. Being pandered to sure helps you along the way.
Not to mention the ton of ooc home games they have each season. Pads the record easily.
Like this! Liked

murraygrad05
TRN MVP
TRN MVP
Posts: 786
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:57 pm
x 662

Re: Around the OVC

Post by murraygrad05 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:24 pm

murraygrad05 wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:10 pm
Watching Belmont/TTech waiting for our game. Couple of observations...

1. Belmont struggles terribly against a quick guard. Tech is actually hanging with them because of this and I'm calling this my upset of the season by any team of any conference when it's over.

2. Don't know if it's because of the stream or what but their arena looks very dark with spotlights aimed at the corners.

3. Belmont already has 9 fouls and a technical and their is still 7:30 remaining in the first half. And they really are not playing that physical. Sadly it truly is just horrid officiating.
Well nevermind... Tech was up by 1 and playing well when I typed this and have now imploded as usual.
Like this! Liked

Blue N Gold
TRN Sixth Man
TRN Sixth Man
Posts: 125
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:51 pm
x 167

Re: Around the OVC

Post by Blue N Gold » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:15 pm

Dan T wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:52 pm
Give us a seed 1 through 3 and see how many "elite eights" we get to. Being pandered to sure helps you along the way.
Since we've made the tournament 3 times in that span I would say the answer is 0. Maybe Sip & Ed's Junior year. It's ok to admit UK has had a pretty dang good run with Cal. Probably underachieved a little but still elite.
Like this! Liked

Dan T
TRN MVP
TRN MVP
Posts: 989
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:28 pm
x 886

Re: Around the OVC

Post by Dan T » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:01 pm

Blue N Gold wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:15 pm
Dan T wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:52 pm
Give us a seed 1 through 3 and see how many "elite eights" we get to. Being pandered to sure helps you along the way.
Since we've made the tournament 3 times in that span I would say the answer is 0. Maybe Sip & Ed's Junior year. It's ok to admit UK has had a pretty dang good run with Cal. Probably underachieved a little but still elite.
LOL. The Kayuts always start 5 future NBA players and they still can't get it done. They get into the tournament every year with no questions asked, then get handed a seed under 4. We can go undefeated in conference and we won't get in without the automatic seed, so don't hand me that crap about "making the tournament 3 times." Elite? Let's talk about Duke. Clean program, student athletes, in the NCAA finals on a regular basis, winning it way too often. UK? See ya. Five new ones next year. See ya. Five more the next year. See ya. etc., ect., ect.
Like this! Liked

Blue N Gold
TRN Sixth Man
TRN Sixth Man
Posts: 125
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:51 pm
x 167

Re: Around the OVC

Post by Blue N Gold » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:21 pm

Dan T wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:01 pm
Blue N Gold wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:15 pm
Dan T wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:52 pm
Give us a seed 1 through 3 and see how many "elite eights" we get to. Being pandered to sure helps you along the way.
Since we've made the tournament 3 times in that span I would say the answer is 0. Maybe Sip & Ed's Junior year. It's ok to admit UK has had a pretty dang good run with Cal. Probably underachieved a little but still elite.
LOL. The Kayuts always start 5 future NBA players and they still can't get it done. They get into the tournament every year with no questions asked, then get handed a seed under 4. We can go undefeated in conference and we won't get in without the automatic seed, so don't hand me that crap about "making the tournament 3 times." Elite? Let's talk about Duke. Clean program, student athletes, in the NCAA finals on a regular basis, winning it way too often. UK? See ya. Five new ones next year. See ya. Five more the next year. See ya. etc., ect., ect.
You lose all credibility when you call Duke a clean program. Guess you've never heard of Maggette or Grayson Allen. And real student athletes I tell ya! How many 1 and dones will Duke have this year? Uk gets in the tournament every year because they win a crap ton of games and play a tough schedule. The problem our Racers have is we play one of the weakest schedules in the country (like there may only be 50 weaker) and rarely win the big games when we do get to play the Auburns and Bamas of the world. If we want an at large bid we have to start substituting the Brescia and Bethels with Power 5 opppnents (if they will even play us). We can agree to disagree on this one because we should be talking about the Racer's big win. Good night!
Like this! Liked

Dan T
TRN MVP
TRN MVP
Posts: 989
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:28 pm
x 886

Re: Around the OVC

Post by Dan T » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:32 pm

Blue N Gold wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:21 pm
Dan T wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:01 pm
Blue N Gold wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:15 pm


Since we've made the tournament 3 times in that span I would say the answer is 0. Maybe Sip & Ed's Junior year. It's ok to admit UK has had a pretty dang good run with Cal. Probably underachieved a little but still elite.
LOL. The Kayuts always start 5 future NBA players and they still can't get it done. They get into the tournament every year with no questions asked, then get handed a seed under 4. We can go undefeated in conference and we won't get in without the automatic seed, so don't hand me that crap about "making the tournament 3 times." Elite? Let's talk about Duke. Clean program, student athletes, in the NCAA finals on a regular basis, winning it way too often. UK? See ya. Five new ones next year. See ya. Five more the next year. See ya. etc., ect., ect.
You lose all credibility when you call Duke a clean program. Guess you've never heard of Maggette or Grayson Allen. And real student athletes I tell ya! How many 1 and dones will Duke have this year? Uk gets in the tournament every year because they win a crap ton of games and play a tough schedule. The problem our Racers have is we play one of the weakest schedules in the country (like there may only be 50 weaker) and rarely win the big games when we do get to play the Auburns and Bamas of the world. If we want an at large bid we have to start substituting the Brescia and Bethels with Power 5 opppnents (if they will even play us). We can agree to disagree on this one because we should be talking about the Racer's big win. Good night!
I'm not a Duke fan, but I have to hand it to them. They run a squeaky clean program. I've never seen anything NCAA related that I can recall. Can the Kayuts say that? No, I don't think so.
Like this! Liked

murraygrad05
TRN MVP
TRN MVP
Posts: 786
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:57 pm
x 662

Re: Around the OVC

Post by murraygrad05 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:37 pm

Except for the games created for TV that was already scheduled for them the puke has not played a challenging schedule. And I do not believe for a second either that Duke runs a squeaky clean program. I think every one is just afraid to question anything that coach koosewooski does since he thinks he is the dictator of college basketball apparently.
Like this! Liked

Dan T
TRN MVP
TRN MVP
Posts: 989
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:28 pm
x 886

Re: Around the OVC

Post by Dan T » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:50 pm

murraygrad05 wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:37 pm
Except for the games created for TV that was already scheduled for them the puke has not played a challenging schedule. And I do not believe for a second either that Duke runs a squeaky clean program. I think every one is just afraid to question anything that coach koosewooski does since he thinks he is the dictator of college basketball apparently.
By your standard of "clean," every division one program is cheating. Personal beliefs just do not qualify as evidence. Your pronunciation of his name does not help your argument that they cheat.
Like this! Liked

User avatar
smidge34
TRN GOAT
TRN GOAT
Posts: 10400
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:52 am
Location: Follow me on Twitter: @Smidge342003
x 3662

Re: Around the OVC

Post by smidge34 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:56 pm

Image
Like this! Liked

murraygrad05
TRN MVP
TRN MVP
Posts: 786
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:57 pm
x 662

Re: Around the OVC

Post by murraygrad05 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:24 pm

Dan T wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:50 pm
By your standard of "clean," every division one program is cheating. Personal beliefs just do not qualify as evidence. Your pronunciation of his name does not help your argument that they cheat.
Well since I said nothing about what I consider my standard of "clean" to be then I do not understand what you are getting at. Also I don't really think I had any personal beliefs mentioned either. But anyways...

Corey Maggette is a good case.

Also a few years ago they had a player pay $30,000 for jewelry while being a student athlete at Duke. Both got swept under the rug and never spoken of again.

Yes before you throw it out this story is from 2012 but still funny that it was "settled" before the NCAA could start an investigation.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/n ... t/1578099/
Like this! Liked

Dan T
TRN MVP
TRN MVP
Posts: 989
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:28 pm
x 886

Re: Around the OVC

Post by Dan T » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:59 am

murraygrad05 wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:37 pm
And I do not believe for a second either that Duke runs a squeaky clean program.
This is a personal belief.
Like this! Liked

User avatar
apsufan82
TRN MVP
TRN MVP
Posts: 890
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:30 pm
Location: Clarksville
x 220

Re: Around the OVC

Post by apsufan82 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:45 am

murraygrad05 wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:10 pm
Watching Belmont/TTech waiting for our game. Couple of observations...

1. Belmont struggles terribly against a quick guard. Tech is actually hanging with them because of this and I'm calling this my upset of the season by any team of any conference when it's over.

2. Don't know if it's because of the stream or what but their arena looks very dark with spotlights aimed at the corners.

3. Belmont already has 9 fouls and a technical and their is still 7:30 remaining in the first half. And they really are not playing that physical. Sadly it truly is just horrid officiating.
If they struggle with a quick guard then they'll struggle with us IMO
Like this! Liked
Follow me on twitter @cmathews82.

User avatar
02Racer
TRN All-American
TRN All-American
Posts: 2968
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:47 pm
Location: Murray
x 1392

Re: Around the OVC

Post by 02Racer » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:16 am

apsufan82 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:45 am
murraygrad05 wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:10 pm
Watching Belmont/TTech waiting for our game. Couple of observations...

1. Belmont struggles terribly against a quick guard. Tech is actually hanging with them because of this and I'm calling this my upset of the season by any team of any conference when it's over.

2. Don't know if it's because of the stream or what but their arena looks very dark with spotlights aimed at the corners.

3. Belmont already has 9 fouls and a technical and their is still 7:30 remaining in the first half. And they really are not playing that physical. Sadly it truly is just horrid officiating.
If they struggle with a quick guard then they'll struggle with us IMO
You may have heard that we have a quick guard as well.
Like this! Liked
109

runner67
TRN Sixth Man
TRN Sixth Man
Posts: 195
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:50 pm
x 146

Re: Around the OVC

Post by runner67 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:32 am

The ticket office has said their phones have been ringing off the hook this morning. They will be pulling out the upper level end zone seats after the boat show. Expecting a sellout for the Belmont game.
Like this! Liked

User avatar
JoeD
TRN Legend
TRN Legend
Posts: 7665
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:07 pm
x 1127

Re: Around the OVC

Post by JoeD » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:52 am

Ive seen this before.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMGc6o9z8SU

Might I suggest that you get any tickets you may want for the rest of the season NOW, or risk not getting them at all. That includes any new family and friends who may contact you to get tickets to see the best show in the Commonwealth.
Like this! Liked
Im old enough to remember when being "politically correct" was understood to mean "not being a complete, racist, xenophobic a-hole". Good times...

User avatar
apsufan82
TRN MVP
TRN MVP
Posts: 890
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:30 pm
Location: Clarksville
x 220

Re: Around the OVC

Post by apsufan82 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:38 pm

02Racer wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:16 am
apsufan82 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:45 am
murraygrad05 wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:10 pm
Watching Belmont/TTech waiting for our game. Couple of observations...

1. Belmont struggles terribly against a quick guard. Tech is actually hanging with them because of this and I'm calling this my upset of the season by any team of any conference when it's over.

2. Don't know if it's because of the stream or what but their arena looks very dark with spotlights aimed at the corners.

3. Belmont already has 9 fouls and a technical and their is still 7:30 remaining in the first half. And they really are not playing that physical. Sadly it truly is just horrid officiating.
If they struggle with a quick guard then they'll struggle with us IMO
You may have heard that we have a quick guard as well.
Ehh...I hear he's alright :shrug:
Like this! Liked
Follow me on twitter @cmathews82.

User avatar
apsufan82
TRN MVP
TRN MVP
Posts: 890
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:30 pm
Location: Clarksville
x 220

Re: Around the OVC

Post by apsufan82 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:39 pm

runner67 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:32 am
The ticket office has said their phones have been ringing off the hook this morning. They will be pulling out the upper level end zone seats after the boat show. Expecting a sellout for the Belmont game.
I'm planning on getting our tix for the Peay game this week. Wish we had this problem at the Peay :roll:
Like this! Liked
Follow me on twitter @cmathews82.

User avatar
smidge34
TRN GOAT
TRN GOAT
Posts: 10400
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:52 am
Location: Follow me on Twitter: @Smidge342003
x 3662

Re: Around the OVC

Post by smidge34 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:41 pm

The Austin Peay to Clarksville relationship just isn’t what Murray State to Murray is and that’s a shame.
Like this! Liked

speck
TRN MVP
TRN MVP
Posts: 768
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:50 am
x 413

Re: Around the OVC

Post by speck » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:04 pm

smidge34 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:41 pm
The Austin Peay to Clarksville relationship just isn’t what Murray State to Murray is and that’s a shame.
Also Paducah, Mayfield and Benton bring a lot of fans.
Like this! Liked

Racerofwesttenn2
TRN Recruit
TRN Recruit
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:53 am
x 14

Re: Around the OVC

Post by Racerofwesttenn2 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:28 pm

I come from west tenn. Can't wait for the Martin game. I wonder if those hillbillies will pull their end zone seats out? Or have a debit card machine this time.
Like this! Liked
Who's your buddy?

Post Reply
Explore Kentucky Lake