Seats this Season

This forum is for the discussion of the men's basketball team.
ERacerHead
TRN MVP
TRN MVP

Seats this Season

Post by ERacerHead »

We season ticket holders got a letter today about whether we will actually get seats. I really don’t envy the people in the ticket office having to deal this issue. But since they only plan to allow 10-12% capacity for the CFSB Center, somebody is not going to be happy. Not me though. As long we actually have Racer Basketball and I can watch it on ESPN+, I’ll be happy.
Like this! Liked
dropkick
TRN Starting Lineup
TRN Starting Lineup

Re: Seats this Season

Post by dropkick »

If it’s similar conference wide, won’t be a huge effect on most other members. Probably not many tickets for visitors though. For selfish reasons I’ll be interested to see if/how many they hold back for players family. The OVC policy has been 4 per player, home and away. Most all schools allow extra per player if not all players take their allotment
Like this! Liked
jcruse64
TRN Signee
TRN Signee

Post by jcruse64 »

Instead of leaving season ticket holders completely out, if their ranking is not high enough, I'd like to see them do a weekly draw in the season ticket holder pool, through the entire regular season. I understand that there is a group of "super supporters", whose long term/huge contributions to the program should give them access to these limited tickets, but would that group eat up ALL available tickets? I don't know. If not, why not draw from the rest of the pool each week, for individual games, for allotment of remaining tickets? If you get drawn, you're out of the pool until everyone else gets drawn.

I'm just spitballing here. I realize the hassle this would be to the ticket office and other staff. But the letter said that there was something on the order of 75-78% season ticket renewal, in this poor economic situation. Probably at least a few that renewed that are going through their own hassle to maintain their tickets and support the organization. Why not reward everyone with a shot to see at least one game this season, if at all possible???
Like this! Liked
RockinRacers
TRN MVP
TRN MVP

Post by RockinRacers »

This will answer a lot of our questions.

https://anchor.fm/neal-bradley/episodes ... aal-el43qc
Like this! Liked
smidge34
TRN GOAT
TRN GOAT

Post by smidge34 »

Can you run down the skinny on that man?
Like this! Liked
:goracers: 109
RockinRacers
TRN MVP
TRN MVP

Post by RockinRacers »

Only about 1,200 fans allowed into basketball games. The biggest boosters with biggest donations getting first dibs on tickets. Msu fans probably can’t travel to away games because of limited seating.
Like this! Liked
jcruse64
TRN Signee
TRN Signee

Post by jcruse64 »

Thanks for the link to that podcast; it did answer a lot of questions.

Going by Kevin's answer about road games, it actually sounds like there MIGHT be a chance to go to some. We all know the general fan turnout for the other teams in the league in a non-Covid environment; I can't imagine their fans are going to surge into the limited seats this season. Can't imagine that those teams wouldn't want to make some extra $$ by selling Racer fans those unused seats. Who knows???
Like this! Liked
smidge34
TRN GOAT
TRN GOAT

Post by smidge34 »

Thank God for ESPN+! I just figured out I forgot to cancel my subscription at end of last season lol, you’re welcome ESPN.
Like this! Liked
:goracers: 109
msugrad1988
TRN Recruit
TRN Recruit

Post by msugrad1988 »

jcruse64 wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:22 am Thanks for the link to that podcast; it did answer a lot of questions.

Going by Kevin's answer about road games, it actually sounds like there MIGHT be a chance to go to some. We all know the general fan turnout for the other teams in the league in a non-Covid environment; I can't imagine their fans are going to surge into the limited seats this season. Can't imagine that those teams wouldn't want to make some extra $$ by selling Racer fans those unused seats. Who knows???
That's what I am hoping for. Since I don't have season tickets there will be about a 0% chance I will get to attend a home game.
Like this! Liked
EKU05
TRN Sixth Man
TRN Sixth Man

Post by EKU05 »

They can plan all they want, but frankly, I'm skeptical that there will be in person attendance at all this season for basketball. I think there's a lot of misplaced optimism based on the relative success of football, but there are two key differences.

For one, we diving deeper into the cold months when virtual all communicable illnesses see a sharp incline. We're already seeing a bit of a fall surge, but it's almost assuredly going to get much, much worse before it gets any better.

Secondly, we're talking about an indoor space. That's just fundamentally different from football where nearly all college teams place outdoors, and the ones that don't are at least in arena's that have a lot more open air space than the typically basketball arena. I'm a Louisville fan as well, and the writing on the wall is that not even the cash cow that is U of L basketball is going to allow in person attendance this year (though nothing official has been announced to my knowledge).
Like this! Liked
EKU05
TRN Sixth Man
TRN Sixth Man

Post by EKU05 »

smidge34 wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:35 am Thank God for ESPN+! I just figured out I forgot to cancel my subscription at end of last season lol, you’re welcome ESPN.
I used to cancel mine too, but now I get it as part of the $12.99 package deal that also comes with Hulu and Disney + (you know..."for the kid").
Like this! Liked
Explore Kentucky Lake