Racers in the Bahamas

This forum is for the discussion of the men's basketball team.
runningracer
TRN All-American
TRN All-American

Re: Racers in the Bahamas

Post by runningracer » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:11 am

Yeah, it looks like the old three point line. That will make a difference once the season starts for some that depend on the three consistently. It will also make moves in the paint more important, as it will not only make teams more dependent on the inside game, but open up the floor if teams can hit from outside, forcing defenders farther out on the floor. Players will also have to watch closer not to step out of bounds on the corner.
Like this! Liked

Racer Insider Will
TRN POY
TRN POY

Post by Racer Insider Will » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:15 am

I watched some more of the videos and there are actually two 3 point lines on the court. The new line is yellowish and doesn't show up very well. I think that's what they were using, though.
Like this! Liked
When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies? Perhaps to be too practical is madness. To surrender dreams — this too may be madness. Too much sanity may be madness — and maddest of all: to see life as it is, and not as it should be!

smidge34
TRN GOAT
TRN GOAT

Post by smidge34 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:26 am

Answers question about 3 pt line.

Like this! Liked

runningracer
TRN All-American
TRN All-American

Post by runningracer » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:16 am

I stand corrected. I was looking at pictures where the old line was showing up well. Glad for info from an eyewitness. :thumbup:
Like this! Liked

dropkick
TRN Starting Lineup
TRN Starting Lineup

Post by dropkick » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:29 am

To your point RR about the side 3 point line. We were called for being out of bounds 3 or 4 times during the 3 games so that may take a little getting use to. I think it was Holliday a few times. I think he will be a very good addition. He is a tough nose player. His offense wasn’t clicking but I’ve heard he can really stroke it. He gets a lot of 50/50 balls with his aggressiveness and rebounded well. He started game 3 which I thought was evidence of how coach feels about him. Way to early to say this but I will anyway. I think we’re going to be good
Like this! Liked

Explore Kentucky Lake