Bellarmine to the A-SUN, why not OVC?

This forum is for the discussion of the men's basketball team.
BellarmineGrad
TRN First Timer
TRN First Timer

Re: Bellarmine to the A-SUN, why not OVC?

Post by BellarmineGrad » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:20 am

wkeown wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:11 pm
"The A-Sun: Where OVC Wannabees Go To Cry" :P
Uh, oh -- we got a comedian here. :roll:
Like this! Liked

msuowns
TRN Legend
TRN Legend

Post by msuowns » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:54 pm

BellarmineGrad wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:20 am
wkeown wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:11 pm
"The A-Sun: Where OVC Wannabees Go To Cry" :P
Uh, oh -- we got a comedian here. :roll:
Good luck to u guys. BellarmineGrad.
Like this! Liked
"Home, home again I like to be here when I can. When I come home cold and tired, it's good to warm my bones by the fire".

racerlover
TRN All-American
TRN All-American

Post by racerlover » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:44 pm

No offense, but let's not act like the OVC is THAT much better than the ASun. On the national media scene, outside of the power conferences, we're ALL on the same level. Whether you want to believe that or not.
Like this! Liked

wkeown
TRN Starting Lineup
TRN Starting Lineup

Post by wkeown » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:30 am

All kidding aside, it probably isn't fair of us MSU fans to complain about wanting out of the OVC and then chastise those in-state teams looking to upgrade their program and step in. To them, the OVC makes perfect sense - close locale to other schools, good competition, established league.

To us old-schoolers who have been eating the same OVC pie for years, why would we want to let someone new in and grabbing our piece? I think we old-schoolers all respect Belmont, but wish, selfishly, that we never let them in. In retrospect, it was a good move letting them in...but man do I hate Belmont.

Again, nothing against Bellarmine. It just doesn't help Murray State's case to let them in - right now. I think there will be a season or two going forward that the A-Sun may very well have a higher overall RPI than the OVC. To be perfectly honest, when I look at that conference, it is much better balanced than the OVC. Almost every team in that conference has had a bid in the tourney at one time or another. And with some of the football programs they have in there now, I don't doubt that they have Athletic Departments with the potential to refocus that energy toward basketball if they wanted to.

Good luck to Bellarmine. Hopefully we will all get to play together ...someday...just not now.
Like this! Liked

smidge34
TRN GOAT
TRN GOAT

Post by smidge34 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:11 pm

Imho it’s a selfish game set up with selfish inducing rules. You think the blue bloods give a damn about us? Being the big fish in a small pond is good for us. Every time Belmont has knocked us out of the NCAAs it has hurt our bottom line, our exposure, everything if compared to us representing. We should have never added them, foolish move and not just by us but on everybody’s part. Now they have TWO mid major power gauntlets to run every season instead of one. Can’t see it smh.
Like this! Liked

bjhracer
TRN All-American
TRN All-American

Post by bjhracer » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:48 pm

smidge34 wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:11 pm
Imho it’s a selfish game set up with selfish inducing rules. You think the blue bloods give a damn about us? Being the big fish in a small pond is good for us. Every time Belmont has knocked us out of the NCAAs it has hurt our bottom line, our exposure, everything if compared to us representing. We should have never added them, foolish move and not just by us but on everybody’s part. Now they have TWO mid major power gauntlets to run every season instead of one. Can’t see it smh.
Yet when we knock Belmont out they get in anyway. Not that I’m complaining about 2 bids
Like this! Liked
"I hate losing, I hate losing more than I love winning." B.J. Jenkins

Explore Kentucky Lake