If you are trying to register an account please use a valid email address. You may need to check your Junk/Spam/Social folder for the activation email.

KSR Talk MSU vs UK

This forum is for the discussion of the men's basketball team.

Moderator: syllable

speck
TRN Starting Lineup
TRN Starting Lineup

Re: KSR Talk MSU vs UK

Post by speck » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:52 pm

I hope we never play them, period. :goracers:
Like this! Liked

redskin
TRN POY
TRN POY

Post by redskin » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:14 pm

OK. Sounds like nothing has changed on this board.
Like this! Liked

smidge34
TRN Legend
TRN Legend

Post by smidge34 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:12 pm

Not interested in playing them under their terms.
Like this! Liked
Sick & tired of excuses. Just win. :goracers:

apsufan82
TRN MVP
TRN MVP

Post by apsufan82 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:11 pm

Kentucky Lake wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:55 pm
I'm not interested in watching the Racers play at Rupp, unless they come here first. I'd be fine with what Western and UL did.... one game in BG, one in Nashville and two in Louisville. Until something like that happens, we don't need to play them.
LOL, this is classic and just unrealistic.

UK would never, and I mean NEVER, come to Murray for a basketball game unless they had too. Why would they? They have nothing to gain from coming down to Murray to play a game.And let's be real, I see a lot of UK gear walking around the arena during my one trip a year and I'm not saying all would and a majority of you I hope wouldn't do this, but I almost guarantee you a lot of your season ticket holders would sell their tix in a heartbeat. Cause UK fans are stupid and will pay whatever they can or want for tix to a UK game.
Like this! Liked
Follow me on twitter @cmathews82.

racerpower
TRN All-American
TRN All-American

Post by racerpower » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:08 pm

I think u have done went stupid about chair seat holders selling their tickets. :rofl:
Like this! Liked

RacerPreacher
TRN Sixth Man
TRN Sixth Man

Post by RacerPreacher » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:32 pm

After last season many chairseat folks have given up their seats. I hope we have some new folks that never bought in the past to step in and buy them up or we may see several empty seats at games this season.
Like this! Liked
“I hate to lose more than I love to win.”

popeyejonesfan
TRN MVP
TRN MVP

Post by popeyejonesfan » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:52 pm

:goracers:
Like this! Liked

HoptownRacer
TRN All-American
TRN All-American

Post by HoptownRacer » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:45 pm

apsufan82 wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:11 pm
And let's be real, I see a lot of UK gear walking around the arena during my one trip a year and I'm not saying all would and a majority of you I hope wouldn't do this, but I almost guarantee you a lot of your season ticket holders would sell their tix in a heartbeat. Cause UK fans are stupid and will pay whatever they can or want for tix to a UK game.
Aren't you a Rocky Flop fan? You oughta know stupid...
Like this! Liked

JoeD
TRN Legend
TRN Legend

Post by JoeD » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:53 pm

I wouldn't schedule a game that doesn't help our program.
Like this! Liked
Im old enough to remember when being "politically correct" was understood to mean "not being a complete, racist, xenophobic a-hole". Good times...

Kentucky Lake
TRN Starting Lineup
TRN Starting Lineup

Post by Kentucky Lake » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:20 pm

apsufan82 wrote:
Kentucky Lake wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:55 pm
I'm not interested in watching the Racers play at Rupp, unless they come here first. I'd be fine with what Western and UL did.... one game in BG, one in Nashville and two in Louisville. Until something like that happens, we don't need to play them.
LOL, this is classic and just unrealistic.

UK would never, and I mean NEVER, come to Murray for a basketball game unless they had too. Why would they? They have nothing to gain from coming down to Murray to play a game.And let's be real, I see a lot of UK gear walking around the arena during my one trip a year and I'm not saying all would and a majority of you I hope wouldn't do this, but I almost guarantee you a lot of your season ticket holders would sell their tix in a heartbeat. Cause UK fans are stupid and will pay whatever they can or want for tix to a UK game.
Of course it's unrealistic. I have a better chance of lassoing a fly with a phone cord.
Like this! Liked
"This is Murray State. Regardless of who we have I don’t see how you could pick us eighth. It’s disrespectful to us. We should never be picked worse than third. I don’t care who we have." - Shawn Witherspoon, 9-19-06

MarshallRacer
TRN All-American
TRN All-American

Post by MarshallRacer » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:03 pm

I agree with the Jones is an idiot comment. Oscar Combs (one of his radio buddies) once tweeted something about there should be an All KY tournament with MSU, EKU, NKU, MoSU, WKU. I asked how that would work with 3 of us in the same conference ... crickets.
Like this! Liked
Enjoy every day because things change fast - Billy Kennedy October 2011

apsufan82
TRN MVP
TRN MVP

Post by apsufan82 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:25 pm

HoptownRacer wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:45 pm
apsufan82 wrote:
And let's be real, I see a lot of UK gear walking around the arena during my one trip a year and I'm not saying all would and a majority of you I hope wouldn't do this, but I almost guarantee you a lot of your season ticket holders would sell their tix in a heartbeat. Cause UK fans are stupid and will pay whatever they can or want for tix to a UK game.
Aren't you a Rocky Flop fan? You oughta know stupid...
1) Peay 2) UT so technically yes. Have had family attend both schools and grew up watching UT football. Nice try tho
Like this! Liked

apsufan82
TRN MVP
TRN MVP

Post by apsufan82 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:26 pm

MarshallRacer wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:03 pm
I agree with the Jones is an idiot comment. Oscar Combs (one of his radio buddies) once tweeted something about there should be an All KY tournament with MSU, EKU, NKU, MoSU, WKU. I asked how that would work with 3 of us in the same conference ... crickets.
I've heard the same from fans of other schools in TN wanting to do that as well.
Like this! Liked

wkeown
TRN Sixth Man
TRN Sixth Man

Post by wkeown » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:19 am

Anybody know what UK's record is against in state schools? I believe we are the only Division 1 left still standing with an undefeated record against Big Blue. Let's keep it that way!
Like this! Liked

NKYRacer
TRN MVP
TRN MVP

Post by NKYRacer » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:07 pm

Kentucky Lake wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:20 pm
Of course it's unrealistic. I have a better chance of lassoing a fly with a phone cord.
What's a phone cord? :think:
Like this! Liked

murraygrad05
TRN Starting Lineup
TRN Starting Lineup

Post by murraygrad05 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:45 pm

JoeD wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:53 pm
I'm confused by this because you are all for scheduling Brescia or Bethel if it gets us another home game. How does that help our program?

I could go either way with UK playing in Murray. I'd be pulling for Murray either way. I do not think it would be smart given we'd have to hear from the blue bloods about how awful the high school gym is blah blah blah. (that is just a guess at what they'd say with no basis, just to clarify)

I think most importantly more than anything we need to focus on getting better and not having another underachieving season like last no matter who we play. Whether its a top 10 team on the other side of the benches or a 300+ rpi team. It does not make a hell of a difference who we schedule in my opinion. We still have to win out in March and that's all that's important in this league anyway.
Like this! Liked

JoeD
TRN Legend
TRN Legend

Post by JoeD » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:34 am

murraygrad05 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:45 pm
[quote=JoeD post_id=159630 time=<a href="tel:1505339598">1505339598</a> user_id=1599]
[/quote]I'm confused by this because you are all for scheduling Brescia or Bethel if it gets us another home game. How does that help our program?

I could go either way with UK playing in Murray. I'd be pulling for Murray either way. I do not think it would be smart given we'd have to hear from the blue bloods about how awful the high school gym is blah blah blah. (that is just a guess at what they'd say with no basis, just to clarify)

I think most importantly more than anything we need to focus on getting better and not having another underachieving season like last no matter who we play. Whether its a top 10 team on the other side of the benches or a 300+ rpi team. It does not make a hell of a difference who we schedule in my opinion. We still have to win out in March and that's all that's important in this league anyway.
[/quote]

I'm not "for" scheduling non D1 games. I've merely said they will be scheduled as home games are needed.

My assertion that playing the State University of Central Kentucky would not benefit our program is one I beleive. If we win, we don't get any love from national media (because it will become "they lose" not "Racers Win"), either from them, their fans, or the State at large (possibly including the legislature). If we lose we are no better than EKU or any other cannon fodder team. No thanks.

And to do it for less money than other teams in their conference is asinine and hurts the program.
Like this! Liked
Im old enough to remember when being "politically correct" was understood to mean "not being a complete, racist, xenophobic a-hole". Good times...

speck
TRN Starting Lineup
TRN Starting Lineup

Post by speck » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:55 am

I'm a whole lot more worried about this upcoming season after the last few years than I will ever be worried about playing uk, here there or anywhere. If we should ever meet them in the big tourney then that's another story.
Like this! Liked

The Swede
TRN MVP
TRN MVP

Post by The Swede » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:05 am

Speck...I agree with you 100%...Ive seen the upbeat remarks from various generally clueless sources about this team...Sadly, I remember the past two years experience. Besides some new bodies, what has changed? We were positive on those teams and we see how that panned out.

Still have the same coach with his assistants...Have they learned how to develop players yet? Seriously..
Like this! Liked

smidge34
TRN Legend
TRN Legend

Post by smidge34 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:29 pm

IMO it's not about development at all, it's a talent problem. I don't think several of last two seasons' players couldn't hold up the jocks of our better teams in past years, period. Is that fact not obvious to all? Now, we have several new faces and more depth in the post. The question is is the quality just warm bodies or actual DEPTH of the quality we're used to? TBD.
Like this! Liked
Sick & tired of excuses. Just win. :goracers:

Explore Kentucky Lake