If you are trying to register an account please use a valid email address. You may need to check your Junk/Spam/Social folder for the activation email.

Top player leaves

Discuss Murray State University men's sports here, including baseball, golf, tennis, track & field, cross country, rifle.

Moderator: syllable

A_1985_grad
TRN Starting Lineup
TRN Starting Lineup

Top player leaves

Post by A_1985_grad » Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:26 pm

According to Twitter, infielder Davis Sims, one of the top two hitters on the team last season as a sophomore, will transfer to WKU. Good luck to him, I guess.
Like this! Liked

smidge34
TRN Legend
TRN Legend

Re: Top player leaves

Post by smidge34 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:43 am

I hate Western.
Last edited by smidge34 on Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Like this! Liked
:goracers:

A_1985_grad
TRN Starting Lineup
TRN Starting Lineup

Post by A_1985_grad » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:44 pm

According to the Paducah Sun, he's transferring to complete his MBA degree. Apparently, he'll graduate in December and MSU doesn't offer what he needed academically in graduate school. Since he still had two years of athletic eligibility remaining, he settled on WKU. Unique situation.
Like this! Liked

bred22
TRN Signee
TRN Signee

Post by bred22 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:00 pm

I know there are Western haters on this board but the comment made previously is unfair to this young man. Except for possibly basketball, Western’s athletic program is light years ahead of Murray and Davis is taking of a NCAA transfer policy to better his baseball career in a more high profile program with more resources and significantly better facilities. And there may just be extenuating circumstances that led to the transfer. Give him a break for making a decision in his own best interest.
Like this! Liked

smidge34
TRN Legend
TRN Legend

Post by smidge34 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:59 pm

Waaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!! Cry me a river lol. I was HALF kidding about the door, I mean this is a FAN BOARD and admittedly I hate Western and it’s none of my business where he goes, but I’m not kidding you right now. They ain’t “light years” ahead of jack. Several Pillpopper loving posts lately. They are not welcome here.
Like this! Liked
:goracers:

A_1985_grad
TRN Starting Lineup
TRN Starting Lineup

Post by A_1985_grad » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:44 pm

bred22 wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:00 pm
I know there are Western haters on this board but the comment made previously is unfair to this young man. Except for possibly basketball, Western’s athletic program is light years ahead of Murray and Davis is taking of a NCAA transfer policy to better his baseball career in a more high profile program with more resources and significantly better facilities. And there may just be extenuating circumstances that led to the transfer. Give him a break for making a decision in his own best interest.
Well, again, according to the Sun article, his decision was all about academics not that one program was better than the other. He was pretty complimentary about his time at MSU and the program.

But "light years ahead"? Actually, WKU had a pretty poor season last spring and lost 10 of its last 11 games. They obviously can use him. :lol:
Like this! Liked

bred22
TRN Signee
TRN Signee

Post by bred22 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:04 am

Well maybe I was only half kidding about Western being light years ahead of us. And, yes, Western has had some rough years in baseball since moving to Conference USA. My point is that for whatever reason Sims choose to transfer to Western, he felt it was what was best for him educationally and perhaps athletically and he didn't deserve the comment that was posted. Now that I know you were kidding, I feel better.

One more thing. I played baseball at Murray for four years and we went 14-2 against the Hilltoppers. Go Racers!
Like this! Liked

Explore Kentucky Lake